💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Versace family slam TV series

McMonster08

Featured Posts

McMonster08

“The Versace family has neither authorized nor had any involvement whatsoever in the forthcoming TV series… which should only be considered as a work of fiction”, it said in a statement.

“The company producing the series claims it is relying on a book by Maureen Orth, but the Orth book itself is full of gossip and speculation,” it said in reference to “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”.

“She has no basis to make claims about the intimate personal life of Gianni Versace or other family members. Instead, in her effort to create a sensational story, she presents second-hand hearsay that is full of contradictions,” it said.

The family challenges in particular Orth’s claim that Versace was HIV-positive.

“Not because it would be something shameful, given that Gianni was one of the first to deal with this problem, to organize charity events and to make personal donations” to this cause, his sister Donatella told Italy’s La Repubblica daily.

But because “in making her lurid claims, she ignores contrary information provided by members of Versace’s family, who lived and worked closely with him and were in the best position to know the facts of his life,” the family said.

Donatella, who took over the brand on her brother’s death, said she was “amazed that after so many years we still lack respect for the dead, we want to create a scandal around someone who can no longer defend themselves”. (C)

MaybeKermit

hmmm, maybe Gaga didn't play it after all because 1) ok her schedule was full, but 2) Donatella wouldn't approve?

RainingOnMe

This could get bad. Versace is a trademarked name/brand, and this show's entire basis is surrounded on it. Donatella could take this to court and have Murphy ruined.

McMonster08
51 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Mess I thought they had Donatella’s approval :triggered:

And mess because it was largely filmed at Versace's mansion:triggered:

sipthistea

I always knew this was a bad idea. 

Ok, not really. But I'm glad Gaga didn't get on board. 

elijahfan
40 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

This could get bad. Versace is a trademarked name/brand, and this show's entire basis is surrounded on it. Donatella could take this to court and have Murphy ruined.

That would somehow give much more publicity to the show, and I'm not sure that's what she wants.

Plus, the show is focusing on the historical part of events, it's not a documentary about the brand. And a TV show can feature Versace clothes and talk about the brand itself without permission.

elijahfan
37 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

And mess because it was largely filmed at Versace's mansion:triggered:

Is the family still the owner, though? Doesn't it belong to the city of Miami, or something?

McMonster08
Just now, elijahfan said:

Is the family still the owner, though? Doesn't it belong to the city of Miami, or something?

Oh:selena:

freebit

I'm glad Gaga wasn't a part of this. I rarely love Gaga in current day Versace (because I rarely love current day Versace anyway), but she and Donatella seem to get along well, and it would've been a shame for that to turn messy. 

Ryan being called out is going to be a constant thing for this series & Feud if Olivia de Havilland's lawsuit is anything to go by. He better be prepared to be constantly sued and dragged. Though, I wonder if Buckingham Palace & Princess Diana's relatives will even bother commenting on next season's Feud. It could be a mess if turns out real trashy. I'm expecting glorious Dynasty level camp for that one. 

Runway

What’s the point of making the show if they’re not telling the truth? 

Im still going to watch because it does look amazing even if its a fiction

Chuckles
22 hours ago, Runway said:

What’s the point of making the show if they’re not telling the truth? 

Im still going to watch because it does look amazing even if its a fiction

I know, that got me interested at first. Now it will be just entertainment.

Nene Areola
On 1/11/2018 at 4:06 PM, Finn The Human said:

tenor.gif

aaronyoji

i mean, in ryan's defense, asking him to approach any topic with a level of taste and subtlety is like asking a hippo to walk on water 

Archived