opinion

Camila is overrated

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ariana Grindr

She was the it girl in 5H...good move to leave the group, they can obvi sing but they lack the IT factor, yeah they sell records but Camilla has that passion. You can feel when she’s on stage she was meant for show biz. I have not listened to the new album but only time will tell.

Versace

She is overrated in the sense that some think she's the next big pop girl. I mean that can literally mean anything. When an artist comes along and revolutionizes Pop music the same way Britney or Gaga did or when artist comes out with an album that impacts pop greatly like Teenage Dream (5 pop number one records in a row off one album) then I'll take the term "next big pop girl" seriously. Since pop stars have been flopping so hard, I understand that Camila seems like a saving grace with Havana. In my opinion Halsey and Melanie Martinez are taking pop culture in a more interesting direction. 

Camila is a solid artist that deserves praise but I doubt she is going to save an entire genre in any shape or form 

Perhaps Taylor Swift's 1989 and Reputation are the only pop records that seem big in scale and impact nowadays. 

In an industry currently dominated by rappers and men, I think a large part of her popularity stems from the fact that she is a fresh female face and has found overwhelming success with a Latin pop song that (somewhat) goes against the tide of what's popular right now (the inclusion of Young Thug is eh, but whatever). Havana also has a well done, quality music video that distinguishes Camila from other secondary pop girls and indicates that she may eventually become a main pop girl.

I don't think she's released enough material to be considered "overrated." If anything, she's over-hyped.

WildAmerican

Everyone's acting like she's the next Gaga, or Britney but she's not. She was lucky enough to get one smash, but people like Gaga and Britney were special cause they got like 10+ smash hits. 

On 1/11/2018 at 4:41 AM, Enzo Escobar said:

It seems like everybody is fan of her now

She is not interesting LMAO

And Havana sounds like Same Old Love to me,so everytime I hear the song,I remember the other one

the producers are the same 🤦‍♂️

Archived