💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Camila is overrated

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I never understood why Camila Cabello got so much steam after she left Fifth Harmony. The reason I say this is because I don't see anything that interesting or impressive from her. And yet, her music has been very successful and her upcoming album seems to be getting good reviews. She can sing but she is just ok, she can move on stage but that can hardly be called great dancing, and her music in general sounds almost like everything else out right now. So in general she is simply not bringing anything new.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic

To me she is the most likeable of the 5H girls, for whatever reason. But I also really have enjoyed almost every song she has released. 5H has some great songs but they don’t really gravitate far from the same style. 

Camila has gone outside her comfort zone (or more what she likes) and it really appeals to me. Also one thing she said stuck with me when she left 5H. She said she felt sexualized in the group and made to be sexy. Her choices now seem more mature and still sexy but by her own choice. Does that make sense?

It's a new name. 2017 has been a pretty dry year for pop music and people are tired of the old crew, hence their flopping. I think that plays a major role in her success. Besides Havana is a first-class bop. 

DelusionalGaga

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others can't see something in her. Stop calling artists overrated when you don't like them

Just now, DelusionalGaga said:

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others can't see something in her. Stop calling artists overrated when you don't like them

From MY point of view she is overrated. But good for you if you don't think so.

Avenues

I'd say, at least give the good sis a chance by trying out her new album. She ain't bad.

Ouch, My back hurts.

Hardly overrated. There are plenty of people who have expressed their dislike of her. 

People get so whiney whenever someone they don’t like gets even an ounce of success or attention and it’s absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Avenues said:

I'd say, at least give the good sis a chance by trying out her new album. She ain't bad.

I dont necessarily think she is bad but rather not that good either.

Mister Gaga
13 minutes ago, Bat said:

It's a new name. 2017 has been a pretty dry year for pop music and people are tired of the old crew, hence their flopping. I think that plays a major role in her success. Besides Havana is a first-class bop. 

100% this. She's the first interesting pop girl that appears since Ariana, and that we know won't be a one hit wonder (Tove Lo for example, who i adore). She brings something new to pop music, it might not be a pop phenomenon like Gaga or Katy in 2008, but at least she's emerging slowly like Ari in 2014.

Have fun guys. Camila has good bops, nice voice, nice performances. What else can we ask for?

It's pop music, not brain surgery :tongue:

LordEnigma

There is someone on the planet who thinks the artist you love is overrated :ladyhaha:

Honestly, these threads and “opinions” are just noise at this point. Gaga has had them made about her and we all know she isn’t overrated.

Find something better to do with your time or make threads that empower artists you like and their audiences.

Mirages

She's been popular for 5 mins now and we haven't even seen what she will bring to pop music but she's already overrated, kinda quick to jump to a conclusion. I will go and listen to her album see if I like and what the world says then I'll be making conclusions. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Are you serious. This is her first year as a solo artist... she obviously has a lot of room for growth. 

She can sing and dance at the same time. Yes She s not the best dancer but who cares. She gives all of her performances so much energy and effort and on top of that She s an amazing singer and artist. Someone who writes music, plays instruments, and really practices her vocals and gets lost in he music.

She s very well rounded compared to other pop girls nd I'm sorry you can't see that 

FRANK1991

I don't like her songs except Crying the the Club, such a bop

but I don't get Havana at all, so average

Love 5H tho, have 7/27 and their last album Fifth Harmony. Honestly I know it's a bit generic but there are some hidden gems and so many bops!  

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

adamsenigma
41 minutes ago, FRANK1991 said:

I don't like her songs except Crying the the Club, such a bop

but I don't get Havana at all, so average

Love 5H tho, have 7/27 and their last album Fifth Harmony. Honestly I know it's a bit generic but there are some hidden gems and so many bops!  

Havana sounds so fresh imo. The way she mixed pop with latino music so smoothly worked out perfectly.

Archived