💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mother of H&M kid : "Get over it!"

OBEY

Featured Posts

SILENT HILL

I’m glad she said this. People need to grow up and stop being so sensitive. Thinking that H&M was purposefuly being racist because of a hoodie is ridiculous.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trepadation

Did anyone go to the h&m website & found other clothing items the model was in?

If he only modeled that on the website, h&m is shady for letting them think he was gonna be the model for the other clothes :ladyhaha:

FilthyPOP414

Y'all realize that porch money was used just as often as n*gger right? Like they're both slurs. Imagine seeing a slur word on your race as a "cute shirt". 

PsychicGuru
2 hours ago, TEANUS said:

This whole "scandal" really shows are unreasonably touchy people are these days, more so than anything we've seen yet.

Parents call their kids (white, black, Latino, any race) "monkeys" all the time.

What a world we live in :toofunny:

My mom calls me and my siblings “changos” which means monkeys in Spanish🐒 

Gaga's #1 fan

illbekind
2 minutes ago, FilthyPOP414 said:

Y'all realize that porch money was used just as often as n*gger right? Like they're both slurs. Imagine seeing a slur word on your race as a "cute shirt". 

Exactly - was. Nobody uses that term anymore because it’s not a thing. People being offended by this is giving it life that it doesn’t deserve. Just because people haven’t heard of that term doesn’t make them not “woke” - it’s just an obvious oversight because NOBODY USES THAT TERM. Ffs it’s like you want to be offended by this. It’s a mistake, H&M have apologised, what else is it that you want exactly? 

666 others
11 minutes ago, FilthyPOP414 said:

Why is "monkey" a slur word  and how is it equivalent to n*gger? (Genuine question. I'm not American. In my country monkey is not considered an offensive term.)

:holyshit:

FilthyPOP414
4 minutes ago, 666 others said:

Why is "monkey" a slur word  and how is it equivalent to n*gger? (Genuine question. I'm not American. In my country monkey is not considered an offensive term.)

Because slaves were called monkeys back when whites were their worst. 

FilthyPOP414
8 minutes ago, illbekind said:

Exactly - was. Nobody uses that term anymore because it’s not a thing. People being offended by this is giving it life that it doesn’t deserve. Just because people haven’t heard of that term doesn’t make them not “woke” - it’s just an obvious oversight because NOBODY USES THAT TERM. Ffs it’s like you want to be offended by this. It’s a mistake, H&M have apologised, what else is it that you want exactly? 

Just because you have the privilege of being ignorant toward history and what doesn't apply to you in regards to inequality doesn't make it irellevant by any means. This is how holocausts start. First desensitizing. 

illbekind
6 minutes ago, FilthyPOP414 said:

Just because you have the privilege of being ignorant toward history and what doesn't apply to you in regards to inequality doesn't make it irellevant by any means. This is how holocausts start. First desensitizing. 

Sorry but you have no right to say I am privileged or ignorant. You don’t know me, who I am, what my skin colour is. I didn’t apply anything to me personally and I don’t need you doing the same. If anything, THAT is ignorant  

I am happy to discuss this with you but how about you start by basing your argument on facts rather than personal attacks. You know, like a mature person. 

2 minutes ago, illbekind said:

Sorry but you have no right to say I am privileged or ignorant. You don’t know me, who I am, what my skin colour is. I didn’t apply anything to me personally and I don’t need you doing the same. If anything, THAT is ignorant  

I am happy to discuss this with you but how about you start by basing your argument on facts rather than personal attacks. You know, like a mature person. 

DRAG HIM :tony:

22 minutes ago, illbekind said:

People still use that term and call black people monkeys as a slur all the ****ing time, what are you talking about? What kind of bubble are you living in? Black people were literally kept in zoos in Europe into the 20th century. They were literally considered monkeys, still are by white supremacists, and are called that by racists everywhere. I don't know what world you're living in.

illbekind
Just now, rpggal said:

People still use that term and call black people monkeys as a slur all the ****ing time, what are you talking about? What kind of bubble are you living in? Black people were literally kept in zoos in Europe into the 20th century. They were literally considered monkeys, still are by white supremacists, and are called that by racists everywhere. I don't know what world you're living in.

I wouldn’t agree with this. It’s no where near as used as it used to be and what I’m saying is that by trying to put the term in this box, that it’s racist, is giving that term a second meaning. It’s painting his skin black. Can we not just see it as a kid who is wearing a fun themed sweater? If this jumper didn’t have a young dark skinned child in it nobody would think it’s racist. There are terms which I’m sure you can think of without me saying that would make this racist if they were used. That’s what the mother is saying.

Look, nobody is questioning that the history of what black people have gone through is by any means forgettable or justifiable. I would just hope that these days the offence isn’t the first thing we jump to when we see the term monkey. Especially with a company like H&M who are (despite what many would say, and before you argue with me on this I would encourage you to do your research) are quite socially and environmentally progressive. They’re Swedish after all.

This doesn’t give H&M a pass for making this mistake and I’m not saying they were right. But the whole boycott thing and people saying they are racist is going too far. They have apologised. Would you like them to time travel and go back and rewrite history? I think everyone needs to relax about this, accept it was a mistake and move the fk on so we can keep making progress in this area. Like maybe looking at actual real discrimination that is still happening. Not a dumb sweater. 

48 minutes ago, FilthyPOP414 said:

She's just happy because now she's famous. This is still racist and horrible. 

You have no idea who this woman is... how dare you even assume shes happy just because shes famous now? You're literally just looking for problems so you can spread your 'Activism'... in a week you'll forget about all of this I bet 

Archived