Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mother of H&M kid : "Get over it!"

OBEY

Featured Posts

"Not surprisingly, folks began to question the whereabouts of the child’s parents, and whether they were around for the initial photo shoot. Surprisingly, however, not only was the child’s mother present, but she also didn’t see the big deal. According to sources, the model’s mother, Terry Mango, recently took to social media to address the issue:

am the mum, and this is one of hundreds of outfits my son has modeled. Stop crying wolf all the time, [it’s] an unnecessary issue here. Get over it.. That’s my son, [I’ve] been to all photoshoots and this was not an exception. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about this… I really don’t understand but not [because I’m] choosing not to, but because it’s not my way of thinking. Sorry.

"

Read more at EBONYhttp://www.ebony.com/news-views/mother-of-hm-model-responds-terry-mango#ixzz53qeA9y8N
Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

This whole "scandal" really shows are unreasonably touchy people are these days, more so than anything we've seen yet.

Parents call their kids (white, black, Latino, any race) "monkeys" all the time.

What a world we live in :toofunny:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Borislshere

It’d be a cold day in hell before I let my future child where a shirt that referred to him as a monkey in a jungle. You do you though sis, secure the bag.

KingRedd

She ain’t worried about nothing she must’ve received her $20 check and she feeling herself lol

shes not “woke” y’all a mess :ladyhaha:

May I Read You? 😎

RAMROD

H&M themselves seems very silent tho, why didn't they say anything?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Evan Peters
13 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

H&M themselves seems very silent tho, why didn't they say anything?

they've made multiple apologies and took the product off their site wtf you talking about? :awkney: 

emma roberts is an abuser

I do realize why everyone went angry about it. but on the one hand it’s just a hoodie and if a white model would’ve wear that no one would say a word.

But on the other hand if I were black maybe my thoughts would’ve been stronger about it and I would’ve get angry too, because I can understand why people got offended by that. 

So people just need to avoid that, especially clothing brands like H&M, tho I’m pretty sure it wasn’t on purpose and they didn’t try to insult anyone.

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

they've made multiple apologies and took the product off their site wtf you talking about? :awkney: 

It is not discussed :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Even the mother's agreement is not enough for some of you:saladga: This just proves that you try to feel offended no matter what. Fight against the real racism, not against a kid wearing a T-shirt that he wants to wear

ALGAYDO

I understand that there was no malicious intent, but goddamn this doesn’t excuse H&M’s lack of oversight. 

Also, inb4 people use her to defend future racial issues, just like people used Ben Carson as a way of “proving” that Republicans have the African American people’s interest at heart last year 👀  

NIghtmareElm

People are so damn sensitive these days.  They can pick apart anything just to get offended.  

LordEnigma
7 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I understand that there was no malicious intent, but goddamn this doesn’t excuse H&M’s lack of oversight. 

Also, inb4 people use her to defend future racial issues, just like people used Ben Carson as a way of “proving” that Republicans have the African American people’s interest at heart last year 👀  

I just think a lot of people think there were people at H&M sitting behind a desk, rubbing their hands together and saying “I’m going to put this kid in this shirt and show our racism.”

People really don’t understand how large businesses work and don’t understand that there are thousands of people who work at H&M - this was a mishap and they apologized. That’s the best they can do :derpga:

16 minutes ago, LM said:

Even the mother's agreement is not enough for some of you:saladga: This just proves that you try to feel offended no matter what. Fight against the real racism, not against a kid wearing a T-shirt that he wants to wear

That's what I see in society nowadays and it's tragic when people are ignorant about other cultures like every country has to behave like them. She even mentioned that her son has been modeled for many other photos, yet people came for H&M for being racist. It's contradictory to even think about it.

People need to be educated more.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

Archived