💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

7 Years Ago Today (Britney related)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

7 years ago today the lead single to Femme Fatale, "Hold It Against Me", was released.

The song debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. While, it ended up performing worse than "Till the World Ends" and "I Wanna Go", overall, it ushered in Britney's most successful singles eras of her career. The first to give her 3 top 10 hits from one album. 

The song peaked at #3 on pop radio 

Britney_Spears_-_Hold_It_Against_Me.png

Hold It Against Me (2011) *5 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #1 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #6
3rd Week: #8
4th Week: #10
5th Week: #10
6th Week: #11
7th Week: #12
8th Week: #16
9th Week: #30
10th Week: #43
11th Week: #52
12th Week: #75
13th Week: #59
14th Week: #66
15th Week: #76
16th Week: #88
17th Week: #100
(knocked out)

Magneto

@brit4ever run to this thread, my friend!

OT: this was the album that actually brought me back to Britney, since she didn't appeal to me anymore since my childhood. Say what you will about this album (or the era), but it is filled with bops! It's my favorite Britney album (don't come for me you little blackoutsters)

Free my mind

Anderson123

Femme Fatale was such a fun album and guilty pleasure of mine but it was Dr. Luke's generic sound at it's best, coming right after Katy and Kesha's debut but of course they were going for the charts. Britney deserved that comeback and even though she didn't write or even co-write a single song (only a japanese bonus track :awkney:) it was a party album that made the gays go crazy. It sounds so dated but at least she got some attention. It was so obvious that she felt awkward and didn't feel like working but still, is a fun album to go back to from time to time.

MonsterOfSpain

What a great song, one of her best leads tbh. Well, all of them are good. 2011 was really a great time to be a pop music fan :music:

I was pretty sure it came out on January the 11th though ::huh: 11/1/11

Magneto
3 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Femme Fatale was such a fun album and guilty pleasure of mine but it was Dr. Luke's generic sound at it's best, coming right after Katy and Kesha's debut but of course they were going for the charts. Britney deserved that comeback and even though she didn't write or even co-write a single song (only a japanese bonus track :awkney:) it was a party album that made the gays go crazy. It sounds so dated but at least she got some attention. It was so obvious that she felt awkward and didn't feel like working but still, is a fun album to go back to from time to time.

Great analysis! :applause: 

Free my mind

DiscoHeaven23
13 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

What a great song, one of her best leads tbh. Well, all of them are good. 2011 was really a great time to be a pop music fan :music:

I was pretty sure it came out on January the 11th though ::huh: 11/1/11

had its radio premiere on the 10th, put on iTunes on the 11th 

1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Still don't know hot that song DEBUTED at #1 :toofunny: Never heard it :toofunny:

Welp it did :lolly: 

Too bad she doesn't have that much number 1s :giveup: 

Femme Fatale :wub: (Dr puke :fthis:) But Scary was so good, it should have been in the standard edition :wtfga: I low-key like it more than some of the songs in the album.

Archived