💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga Songs: is it a banger or a bop?

juju

Featured Posts

This is purely for science. :stalkga: 

Spoiler

So, I typically classify music in three categories: Ballads, Bops, and Bangers. Gaga is known for her mastery in all three
My question to you is, and what I'm needing help in this research, is where you would place certain songs AND why.

Ballad = a slower arrangement, not always but typically of the more somber nature. A ballad can use traditional instruments, or be completely electronic, however it is usually very distinguishable when paired beside a Bop. You will 97% know the different based around tempo and subject matter/vocal delivery.

Bop = something that inspires you to move a bit, not not necessarily enough to wreck a hotel room. Usually around a more laid-back sonic soundscape, usually mid-tempo, but can be of the faster variety. It's something than can be played in the background and not be too "in your face"/something more akin to easy-listening but more enjoyable and less lame. The key in deciding is considering the *slaps* (moments in the instrumental that inspire movement) and in the *bangs* (moments the instrumental and vocals and everything transcends into another realm completely beyond the atmosphere of a "bop"). If you count a fair share of slaps but few bangs, generally less than two, then it is most likely a bop. 

Bangers = songs that go and go and go and just don't stop. Very little let up. Usually high-octane adrenaline rushes. Contain more power than a Bop.

So I'll name a song, and you respond: Is it a banger? Is it a bop? And why?

Results compiled from this thread will be used to further my studies of the nature of boppology and bangerisms.

Spoiler

Consensus: 
Name
Bop Tally \\ Banger Tally

HIghway Unicorn
Diamond Heart
Monster

First song!

Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) (Born This Way, 2011)

tumblr_nrhrbhrPvY1rtzo3co1_500.gif

Is this a full-fledged banger, or does it fall under "bop"?

❤ x ❤

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Bop

why a bop? :oprah: what doesn't take it to the next level for you

❤ x ❤

Guest ARTPOPSlays
3 minutes ago, that juju said:

Only two so far, that's cool, next song:

Diamond Heart (Joanne, 2016)

980x.gif

Banger

Infinity Wave

HU RTL It's a total BANGER! Every time I hear it I recall the opening of my BTWBall date, my first ever Gaga concert!

So, this brings it to the next level for me!

Even if I've never liked the opening performance that much, that night was magical, and that song has so much power by itself that it's a total banger and y'all will deal :queenga:

Colourful

Ok from now on either say what song you're labeling a banger or bop or quote it! 

so I don't get my results skewed ty :lolly: 

❤ x ❤

Archived