A Star Is Born
society

Disney defends brown-face

Featured Posts

KingRedd
3 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Who said that? Let me report her *ss

EDIT: no answer? ok I see :oprah:

We’ve moved past that thread but it’s the “the weekend leaves H&M” thread.

:trollga:

May I Read You? 😎

053Timo
2 hours ago, Hyperballad said:

Oh you’re Dutch, no wonder why you think brown face isn’t a problem.

Because it isn’t. 

• LMAO 2

Dolce Vita

Disgusting. And they couldn’t actually bother hiring REAL people of colour? What type of white privilege mess is this. 

• Like 5
  • LMAO 1

ALGAYDO
27 minutes ago, 053Timo said:

Because it isn’t. 

Imagine thinking that racism isn’t a problem lmao 

Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Versace

Justice for Jade from Little Mix (The majority wanted her to play Jasmine)

• YAAAS 1

SychosSoChic
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

@Doot @JeremiJello 

just curiously asking why y’all had the need to “LMFAO” all of my posts in this thread? Care to share what’s so funny? :ph34r:

Shade

Or at least

An attempt at shade

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.
  • Like 1

Riley Benton

Holy hell this world has turned into a bunch of sensistive little snowflakes. WHO GIVES A F*CK. It’s makeup. It’s acting!!!! THE GENIE IS BLUE BEING PLAYED BY A BLACK MAN. No panties getting tied in knots over that? What about casting black actors in roles that were originally played by a white actor (Annie) Is that called “blackwashing”???????? No? But the uproar and the outcry that a white actor plays the role of a character that was animated in color. 

This world is doomed, this generation is a bunch of sissies

Edited by Riley Benton
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, Riley Benton said:

Holy hell this world has turned into a bunch of sensistive little snowflakes. WHO GIVES A F*CK. It’s makeup. THE GENIE IS BLUE BEING PLAYED BY A BLACK MAN. No panties getting tied in knots over that? What about casting black actors in roles that were originally played by a white actor? Is that called “blackwashing”????????

LOL your white male privilege is showing hardcore here :ladyhaha:

• Like 13
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

ZacharyMark
3 hours ago, Economy said:

Because todays society is full of SJWs that have to criticize everything thats why :rip: 

although, for such small parts it really wouldnt of been much trouble to just hire ppl of the natural background they are playing so I kind of get it tbh

But i wouldnt of bothered to lashout about this either. If someone didnt make a thread about this id just wonder to myself why they had to go thru the trouble to brown ppl when they could just hire ppl naturally that way

Why are you even mocking this? 

This is a clear issue and I don't get why you have to try and not make it one.

• Like 7

ALGAYDO
8 minutes ago, SychosSoChic said:

Shade

Or at least

An attempt at shade

Yeah I figured, I just wanted them to admit why they thought it was appropriate :toofunny:

ZacharyMark
3 minutes ago, Riley Benton said:

Holy hell this world has turned into a bunch of sensistive little snowflakes. WHO GIVES A F*CK. It’s makeup. It’s acting!!!! THE GENIE IS BLUE BEING PLAYED BY A BLACK MAN. No panties getting tied in knots over that? What about casting black actors in roles that were originally played by a white actor? Is that called “blackwashing”????????

Yes, because a person who uses all caps, multiple exclamation points, and cusses isn't a snowflake too.

• Like 8

Riley Benton
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

LOL your white male privilege is showing hardcore here :ladyhaha:

1) I’m not white 2) even if I was white, how the f*ck does what I said show white male privilege????

• LMAO 1

ZacharyMark
4 hours ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Wouldnt it been easier to hire people that are ethnically from that region:deadbanana:

Also, Im a little confused. Where is this outrage whenever darker skinned people bleach their skin?:smh:

There IS outrage.

• Like 4

ZacharyMark
4 hours ago, codymonster said:

Another day, another overreaction :emma:

How is this an overreaction? It's quite stupid of Disney to do this. There's no reason to not hire people that actually look like they'd be from the region in which the movie takes place. 

• Like 2

ALGAYDO
Just now, Riley Benton said:

1) I’m not white 2) even if I was white, how the f*ck does what I said show white male privilege????

Because, for some reason, privileged white folk think racism isn’t that bad as long as nobody is killed or whatever. How on earth is brown face or black face okay with people? It’s literal racism, yet you don’t give a ****. Why? Because it doesn’t affect you. Nobody seems to give a rat’s ass about oppression unless it somehow involves them too.

White people never had to deal with “white face” being used as a way to mock and suppress them. POC have. A lot. So not caring about it, as you apparently don’t, really shows how y’all take your privilege for granted. But yeah, keep doing you I guess. Nothing I say will open up your eyes to the real implications of modern day racism, or the importance of acknowledging that it’s going on, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1