🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

Disney defends brown-face

Featured Posts

Fascination   Paws Up 954
Fascination
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

i mean...do you wanna read subtitles the whole time??

You’re ****ing disgusting

• LMAO 2

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Instead of causing drama you could just report these users next time, thanks :bon:

Nnnn you’re the one who quoted me first trying to start **** :sharon: but sure go off :ladyhaha:

• Like 1
Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

geopang   Paws Up 630
geopang

Are we surprised? Disney has been known for being extremely problematic. And every time they try to do something inclusive, it seems very forced and not genuine. What they should do is hire real Arab/Middle Eastern actors. I'll be boycotting anything to do with Disney and this movie.

• Like 2

codymonster   Paws Up 2,902
codymonster
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

Another day, another person thinking that racism isn’t a problem :emma:

What a stupid thing to say :cryga: I thought it was an overreaction, I never said racism isn’t a problem! Ya’ll need to chill with your over generalizations. Just because I think someone was overboard with an accusation doesn’t mean I don’t realize racism is a thing. I have close family that are black and they deal with **** I have never had to deal with, and it’s awful. Racism is a HUGE issue. Tanning some white people so they have tanned skin to look like they are tanned cause they live in a desert isn’t an issue to me, and isn’t an issue to a lot of coloured people. In some instances, I could see it being wrong. And I understand that for some people they don’t like it. I just have a different opinion.

understand that just because I have a different opinion on this ONE situation does not equate to me being racist. That’s a ridiculously stupid generalization to make...

Edited by codymonster
  • Like 9

Fascination   Paws Up 954
Fascination
1 hour ago, 053Timo said:

Why is this a problem?

Oh you’re Dutch, no wonder why you think brown face isn’t a problem.

• Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 3
  • Shook 1

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
21 minutes ago, Economy said:

I know. Tho we dont know all the behind the scenes reasons, i agree it comes across bad and it isnt something id have done

But really society bothers me now. Everything has to be a fight, no one can let anything slide anymore even if it isnt THAT serious

At this rate Conservatives and Liberals will be nipping and fighting over every trivial thing and thats the climate we will have for all eternity and humans will never learn to co-exist in peace :rip: 

I prefer a more moderate approach where serious stuff for social change is focused on rather than every trivial thing

everything and anything goes viral now and leads to protests :air: 

I personally don’t agree with you 100% but I totally understand what you’re saying and I see your point of view. Maybe one day, like maybe a few hundred years from now, race issues would be a total thing of the past :sweat:

• LMAO 1

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
5 minutes ago, codymonster said:

What a stupid thing to say :cryga: I thought it was an overreaction, I never said racism isn’t a problem! Ya’ll need to chill with your over generalizations. Just because I think someone was overboard with an accusation doesn’t mean I don’t realize racism is a thing. I have close family that are black and they deal with **** I have never had to deal with, and it’s awful. Racism is a HUGE issue. Tanning some white people so they have tanned skin to look like they are tanned cause they live in a desert isn’t an issue to me, and isn’t an issue to a lot of coloured people. And I understand that for some people they don’t like it. I just have a different opinion.

understand that just because I have a different opinion on this ONE situation does not equate to me being racist. That’s a ridiculously stupid generalization to make...

Never called you a racist. Just pointing out that a lot of people who don’t see brown/black face as a real issue generally have a very poor understanding of how racism is still very alive and well in society today. I honestly don’t see how you don’t think brown face is an issue here? Would you be singing the same tune if they hired a bunch of white actors in black face to play African people? Cause I sure as hell would be up in arms about it.  

Edited by ALGAYDO
  • Like 8
  • LMAO 1

Ryusei   Paws Up 8,763
Ryusei
23 minutes ago, Hyperballad said:

You’re ****ing disgusting

LOL wtf the person said It's not logical for Aladdin to speak english and I agree it isn't but if he spoke some variation of arabic the entire movie, there would have to be subtitles cause the movie is produced for an English-speaking audience mainly. Like, are you kidding me? 

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1

River   Paws Up 11,552
River
2 hours ago, Ryusei said:

i mean...do you wanna read subtitles the whole time??

No need, I could understand them lol

it’s just like I read subtitles in English movies..

I just find it funny that English is spoken in movies where it shouldn’t, sometimes English didn’t even exist in the movie timeline :ladyhaha:

Edited by River
  • Like 2
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Ryusei   Paws Up 8,763
Ryusei
1 minute ago, River said:

No need, I could understand them lol

it’s just like I read subtitles in English movies..

I just find it funny that English is spoken in movies where it shouldn’t, sometimes English didn’t even exist in the movie timeline :ladyhaha:

that's fair

Whispering   Paws Up 14,871
Whispering

Good Lord! Read the article people! 

This thread is created for drama and everyone is falling for it because they never read anything but the thread title. 

:smh:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Cuchulainn   Paws Up 2,641
Cuchulainn
1 hour ago, 053Timo said:

Don’t need your prayings. 

Its only a handful. And why is it a problem at all. Straight actors can play gay roles. Men can play female roles, adults can play teenagers. Why can’t a white person play in an Alladin movie?

I don’t think it’s a huge deal, but I can understand why some people might be upset.

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO

@Doot @JeremiJello 

just curiously asking why y’all had the need to “LMFAO” all of my posts in this thread? Care to share what’s so funny? :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

PlasticHo   Paws Up 453
PlasticHo
19 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Good Lord! Read the article people! 

This thread is created for drama and everyone is falling for it because they never read anything but the thread title. 

:smh:

Exactly, a number of specialized actors involved and this thread is nuts

• Like 4

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
12 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

@Doot @JeremiJello 

just curiously asking why y’all had the need to “LMFAO” all of my posts in this thread? Care to share what’s so funny? :ph34r:

@Doot @JeremiJello 

I guess not huh? :ladyhaha:

• YAAAS 1