society

Disney defends brown-face

Featured Posts

Economy   Paws Up 6,679
Economy
48 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Another day, another person thinking that racism isn’t a problem :emma:

No one said it isnt a problem... but to some degree i agree with that user

it doesnt come across good, i would of just hired naturally darker ppl if i was directing it...

But in todays society the fever to see racism, sexism and homophobia etc with some SJW is so strong that every situation that the best neutral decision wasnt made has to become a viral outlash :air: 

Worse, in some cases the reason why a decision was made isnt even fully known and public outlashes anyway. Im generalizing tho not talking about this Disney thing specifically

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
jesse_batista

053Timo   Paws Up 302
053Timo
21 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Praying for you :pray:

Don’t need your prayings. 

Its only a handful. And why is it a problem at all. Straight actors can play gay roles. Men can play female roles, adults can play teenagers. Why can’t a white person play in an Alladin movie?

Edited by 053Timo
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Who said that? Let me report her *ss

EDIT: no answer? ok I see :oprah:

Literally just go to any race-related thread and you’ll be a small handful of people spewing the bullshit “it’s in the past” “it’s years since slavery” “is not 1960 anymore” “get over it” “we have to move on past race” sis :interestinga: 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 3
Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anveeroy   Paws Up 9,331
Anveeroy
5 minutes ago, 053Timo said:

Its only a handful. And why is it a problem at all. Straight actors can play gay roles. Men can play female roles, adults can play teenagers. Why can’t a white person play in an Alladin movie?

Whaaaaat? 

Have you ever seen a brown, black man playing a white guy's role?

This supremacy will never end! 

• Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy   Paws Up 6,679
Economy
9 minutes ago, 053Timo said:

Because todays society is full of SJWs that have to criticize everything thats why :rip: 

although, for such small parts it really wouldnt of been much trouble to just hire ppl of the natural background they are playing so I kind of get it tbh

But i wouldnt of bothered to lashout about this either. If someone didnt make a thread about this id just wonder to myself why they had to go thru the trouble to brown ppl when they could just hire ppl naturally that way

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
jesse_batista

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

No one said it isnt a problem... but to some degree i agree with that user

it doesnt come across good, i would of just hired naturally darker ppl if i was directing it...

But in todays society the fever to see racism, sexism and homophobia etc with some SJW is so strong that every situation that the best neutral decision wasnt made has to become a viral outlash :air: 

Worse, in some cases the reason why a decision was made isnt even fully known and public outlashes anyway. Im generalizing tho not talking about this Disney thing specifically

I’ll take people “overreacting” over race issues than to go back to the days where nobody really gave a **** about racism unless it directly effected them tbh 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 2

Economy   Paws Up 6,679
Economy
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I’ll take people “overreacting” over race issues than to go back to the days where nobody really gave a **** about racism unless it directly effected them tbh 

Same... if i had to chose between both extremes... but im not talking about going back to that. Im talking about not going to the other extreme

isnt being balanced just better? Not every hiccup in society has to be cause for rash anger. See this is why we cant have peace in part 👀

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
jesse_batista

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
Just now, Economy said:

Same... if i had to chose between both extremes

but isnt being balanced just better? 👀

Nnnn but I don’t see how this is an “extreme” tho? It’s not like people are actively going around shouting “RACISM” without any contex? Like, hiring a bunch of white people to play middle eastern roles while literally wearing brown face is NOT something that people should let slide. It’s 2018, people should know better by now lol 

• Like 5
  • LMAO 2

Economy   Paws Up 6,679
Economy
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

Nnnn but I don’t see how this is an “extreme” tho? It’s not like people are actively going around shouting “RACISM” without any contex? Like, hiring a bunch of white people to play middle eastern roles while literally wearing brown face is NOT something that people should let slide. It’s 2018, people should know better by now lol 

I know. Tho we dont know all the behind the scenes reasons, i agree it comes across bad and it isnt something id have done

But really society bothers me now. Everything has to be a fight, no one can let anything slide anymore even if it isnt THAT serious

At this rate Conservatives and Liberals will be nipping and fighting over every trivial thing and thats the climate we will have for all eternity and humans will never learn to co-exist in peace :rip: 

I prefer a more moderate approach where serious stuff for social change is focused on rather than every trivial thing

everything and anything goes viral now and leads to protests :air: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
jesse_batista

Bloody Grammys   Paws Up 4,999
Bloody Grammys
10 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Literally just go to any race-related thread and you’ll be a small handful of people spewing the bullshit “it’s in the past” “it’s years since slavery” “is not 1960 anymore” “get over it” “we have to move on past race” sis :interestinga: 

no correlation with your previous accusations but go off :bon:

• YAAAS 1
don't mess wit the sloth

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
5 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

no correlation with your previous accusations but go off :bon:

I guess sir, if you say so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

you asked, and I answered. But go ahead and keep pretending to not know lol 

Edited by ALGAYDO
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

Bloody Grammys
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

I guess sir, if you say so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

you asked, and I answered. But go ahead and keep pretending to not know lol 

you avoided the question :lolly:

and you keep doing it :lolly:

• LMAO 1
don't mess wit the sloth

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 5,492
ALGAYDO
Just now, Bloody Grammys said:

you avoided the question :lolly:

and you keep doing it :lolly:

I didn’t avoid the question. I literally told you lol but that’s fine, keep playing dumb :toofunny:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 2

Illuminati   Paws Up 7,089
Illuminati

Quote me if I'm wrong but isn't blackface only bad when it's mocking black people? Brown people don't quite have the same history and if it's fine to mock white people in White Chicks why should it be so bad to portray brown people that way lol. You can call out the movie for being white washed (which I believe was related to a lack of people to cast or whatever) but I don't personally see an issue with them being tan lol.

• Like 2
A hundred million reasons not to walk away from Las Vegas

Bloody Grammys
5 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I didn’t avoid the question. I literally told you lol but that’s fine, keep playing dumb :toofunny:

Instead of causing drama you could just report these users next time, thanks :bon:

• Thanks 1
don't mess wit the sloth