šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

KingRedd
4 minutes ago, Chic said:

Way to be divisive. If you want to reduce your community to whiny kids crying over spilled milk, go right ahead, but I have far more faith in the black community to focus on actual issues. Is it fair to assume that you have nothing better to do and that the majority of issues regarding treatment of blacks are gone? Because otherwise this doesn't deserve attention. Unless you think that you being black gives you more authority to speak on issues affecting your community than me being trans gives me to speak on issues affecting mine (which is pretty prejudiced if you ask me)

I said nothing about me being white

Yeah you clearly didnā€™t understand anything I just said. Letā€™s hang it up at this point.

ā€focus on actual issuesā€, haha again you telling us what we can and canā€™t be mad at lmao bye itā€™s was fun.

May I Read You? šŸ˜Ž

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KingRedd said:

Yeah you clearly didnā€™t understand anything I just said. Letā€™s hang it up at this point.

ā€focus on actual issuesā€, haha again you telling us what we can and canā€™t be mad at lmao bye itā€™s was fun.

Your entire point of view is based on the idea that the other person can't have a hand in the argument due to the fact they will never understand because they aren't you, it's a tactic to invalidate what other people say so you can comfortably be a crybaby without having to face logical repercussion lmao

The whole situation is a joke. If people are actually offended by this I suggest you seek help for your fragility. I call my mixed race nephew a cheeky monkey all the time, my uncle is black. Iā€™m fully white, there is no racial discrimatory undertones whatsoever. This ad is not racist, people need to stop causing **** over nothing.

Magneto
Just now, Joshie said:

The whole situation is a joke. If people are actually offended by this I suggest you seek help for your fragility. I call my mixed race nephew a cheeky monkey all the time, my uncle is black. Iā€™m fully white, there is no racial discrimatory undertones whatsoever. This ad is not racist, people need to stop causing **** over nothing.

Your nephew =/= the mixed community
Your uncle =/= the black community
You =/= the white community

Free my mind

are people still arguing about thisĀ :saladga:

Ā 

just accept it was probably a mistake but itā€™s a HUGE one and really unacceptable/insensitive and move on ffsĀ :fthis:

edit: also yes I think some people on here are saying how sad it is that people get offended by it, but move on... Ā itā€™s not acceptable *because the connotations the word has in history and still does today*

you cannotĀ change history and the meaning that word has and yes,Ā it will likely always be insensitiveĀ 

heauxmatica

KingRedd
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

So just to clarify, because this is exactly how your statement reads, if a black person gets offended by something, a white person therefore should not care?

That is you though. There is nothing wrong with everyone having an opinion.

The argument of the thread, is that the sweater is considered racist to some people because people of other cultures (apparently everyone in the thread seems to think it was only white people, when we all know that ain't true). And several white people (assuming here, considering 99% of us don;'t have our photograph as our avi, so who the hell even knows what nationality we are) stated they didn't even think of black people when they read the word monkey.

The whole purpose of getting rid of racism is toĀ get rid of it.Ā No one is ignoring the fact that monkey has been used a racial slur in the past, but the point people are attempting to make is that if people stop calling sh|t racist, it stops offending people.Ā 

I would have never looked at that photo and thought "ermahgerd its racist im so angry!" unless "i'm hip" The Weeknd decided to post it saying he was offended.Ā 

No. My statement means why do white people have to offended in order to see why something is offensive to another. You donā€™t have to personally feel offended by something to know itā€™s wrong.Ā 

Im black but If it said something offensive to Mexicans Iā€™m not personally offended but I still understand that it was wrong and hurtful to them. Itā€™s a simple concept but whatever at this point.Ā 

May I Read You? šŸ˜Ž

August Blue
10 minutes ago, Chic said:

Your entire point of view is based on the idea that the other person can't have a hand in the argument due to the fact they will never understand because they aren't you, it's a tactic to invalidate what other people say so you can comfortably be a crybaby without having to face logical repercussion lmao

He tried to explain you but you stillĀ didnā€™t seem to understand. ThereforeĀ you dont understand becauseĀ you have never suffered from racism sinceĀ you are not black. You dont really understand it much at this point cuz you never experienced it.Ā 

So you are not supposed to tell black people when they should Ā be offended and not. Especially in cases where there is something like this to be offended from.Ā 

Ā 

KingRedd
4 minutes ago, Chic said:

Smh. If youā€™re not black you CANT tell me whatā€™s offensive to black people. Now let us stop here because Iā€™m a few quotations from getting a WP for reading yā€™all on here... Iā€™m holding back but that cry baby comment.? Donā€™t quote me lmaoĀ 

May I Read You? šŸ˜Ž

August Blue
1 minute ago, Doot said:

It is not about me, its about a sweater. On a public forum. Which everyone is allowed to comment on and have an opinion about.

Please read above line.

I didn't place one race above another. You did.Ā 

I know about history. But I am not living in the 1940's. I am living in 2018, a time where I don't place black people above white people or white people above black people. I believe we are all equal.

You believe. But not everyone is you :air:Ā 

Why are you making this about yourself?Ā 

You are not getting the point here.Ā 

The fact that YOU feel this way, doesnā€™t mean that EVERYONE feels like you.Ā 

Are you aware of the level of racism in America? :air:Ā 

And as about us being in 2018 and not in 1940ā€™s.. explainĀ me Trumps victory please.Ā 

RACISM IS STILL HERE. And it never left. And nowdays with trump in the presidency they feel more empowered.Ā 

3 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

Smh. If youā€™re not black you CANT tell me whatā€™s offensive to black people. Now let us stop here because Iā€™m a few quotations from getting a WP for reading yā€™all on here... Iā€™m holding back but that cry baby comment.? Donā€™t quote me lmaoĀ 

I just want you to waste your time looking at this notification because your horrible argument wasted mine

5 minutes ago, August Blue said:

He tried to explain you but you stillĀ didnā€™t seem to understand. Therefore, you have never suffered from racism, because you are not black. You dont really understand it much at this point cuz you never experienced it.Ā 

So you are not supposed to tell black people when they should Ā be offended and not. Especially in cases where there is something like this to be offended from.Ā 

Ā 

okay and I'm saying that I as a minority deal with -phobic issuesĀ better than this, and for anyone to imply that the severity of those issues isn't comparable to other minority issues,Ā makes them prejudiced

KingRedd
Just now, Chic said:

I just want you to waste your time looking at this notification because your horrible argument wasted mine

Child, lmao I have nothing better to do.Ā 

But clearly I closed your casket in this thread. Iā€™m not even madĀ :lolly:Ā 

May I Read You? šŸ˜Ž

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived