Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Yea, and let's see if these people in this thread will come to talk about the real racism that they talk so dearly about. If it's not about sweaters then I expect them to support the end to whatever real oppression they think is important.

I only see them opposing people who think something is racist. It's always the same type of people.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

Eh its pretty much common to call kids cheeky monkeys here :shrug:

All this tells me is that H&M are clearly lacking some racial diversity in their ivory tower because this wouldn't have been signed off otherwise knowing the SJW culture we have. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Good one! And don't forget mayo as well! If I saw a white person wearing a hoodie that said "I love Jacob's cream crackers" or "I love Hellman's mayonnaise," I'd think it was quirky...and move on with my life. It's up to us if we want to read more into something.

Have white people ever been oppressed like black folks being called monkeys though?

codymonster
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

Well yea, that was the whole idea of this thread. Everyone should agree with that. However, I think people started getting into other things that made the original idea take a back seat. At this point people aren't fighting about a young black kid sweater a sweater but more about the questions that certain members brought up after regarding what racism is and how people shouldn't be offended, etc.

The original post was about how The Weekend publicly announced that he will not work with H+M due to this sweater. And I simply stated I think that that was a very overboard reaction, and I wish that we didn’t feel the need to jump to these extreme conclusions all the time. that’s all!

Im not sure what everyone else is going on about, this is just my point :staymad:

Borislshere

Compares an extensive history of Black people being mocked and called monekys to white people recently getting called mayo. A Mess. 

46N3w.gif

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Eh its pretty much common to call kids cheeky monkeys here :shrug:

All this tells me is that H&M are clearly lacking some racial diversity in their ivory tower because this wouldn't have been signed off otherwise knowing the SJW culture we have. 

Just now, codymonster said:

The original post was about how The Weekend publicly announced that he will not work with H+M due to this sweater. And I simply stated I think that that was a very overboard reaction, and I wish that we didn’t feel the need to jump to these extreme conclusions all the time. that’s all!

Im not sure what everyone else is going on about, this is just my point :staymad:

Yea, but isn't that his truth? I believe he has every right to say what he feels. It's not hurting anyone by him not shopping at H&M.

Whispering
39 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

no. It's called being knowledgable about the history of black people being called monkeys. 

Exactly! This isn't something new. The people on here that believe everything has to do with "SJWs" or "being offended in 2018" are either very young and don't know history or they are just ignorant to decades of history. 

Morphine Prince
Just now, Borislshere said:

Compares an extensive history of Black people being mocked and called monekys to white people recently getting called mayo. A Mess. 

46N3w.gif

They will never learn nor care to understand. It's really sad honestly. 

codymonster
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Yea, but isn't that his truth? I believe he has every right to say what he feels. It's not hurting anyone by him not shopping at H&M.

Ya, but with his fame and following, he knew exactly what he was doing by posting that tweet. I just wish he could have used that voice for something ACTUALLY racist and damaging. Not a little sweater that COULD possibly maybe be seen in a racist light. That's all

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, codymonster said:

Ya, but with his fame and following, he knew exactly what he was doing by posting that tweet. I just wish he could have used that voice for something ACTUALLY racist and damaging. Not a little sweater that COULD possibly maybe be seen in a racist light. That's all

Good point. That's very true. But he did have a clothing line with H&M recently. Still does. There are multiple ways of approaching this story. Maybe he should've approached this in a different way? Maybe he should've talked with a rep with H&M knowing he did an actual collab with them. And then maybe H&M needs a closer eye on the marketing they put out. I think that's pretty fair. 

evgenigerm2
1 hour ago, Solitaiire said:

MESS i just bought one of his sweatshirts from H&M:selena:

OMG SAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I just wore it for the first time today :ladyhaha:

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

codymonster
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Good point. That's very true. But he did have a clothing line with H&M recently. Still does. There are multiple ways of approaching this story. Maybe he should've approached this in a different way? Maybe he should've talked with a rep with H&M knowing he did an actual collab with them. And then maybe H&M needs a closer eye on the marketing they put out. I think that's pretty fair. 

Agreed!
Ps. I appreciate your willingness to present your point in a direct but kind way. You stuck to your guns but was willing to be understanding of other peoples' perspectives. In doing this, you also helped me see it from a different perspective. Kudos to you; the world needs more of this :golfclap:

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived