• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Doot said:

This thread is a hot ass mess. :toofunny:

:saladga: me rn because this madness started bc of my thread

Morphine Prince
5 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

people think they're not racist if they're not saying the N word or lynching people.

People on this site think they aren't racist even if they do use the N word LOL. 

What a joke. 

kvnrp
3 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

no. It's called being knowledgable about the history of black people being called monkeys.

In the past.
This ain't 1960 anymore.

Let's just look forward and don't create a 200 page thread about a photoshopped sweater on a model :rip:

3 minutes ago, Doot said:

This thread is a hot ass mess. :toofunny:

As is every thread that covers something related to society :rip:
"but muh point of view"

Sneaky Oliver

Guys I know it seems like no big deal, but it’s offensive. In my country if you call someone black a monkey you can be sued or even arrested. It’s not that “oh people are offended by everything!”. It’s because the term is used as an offensive slang 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

1 minute ago, OBEY said:

:saladga: me rn because this madness started bc of my thread

It's all your fault. :fthis:

Spoiler

You still my homie tho :hug:

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Doot said:

White people are called crackers. Does that mean cracker companies shouldn’t allow Caucasian people in their ads?

andddddd you just illustrated your lack of understanding of the situation. 

tenor.gif

no further comment from me. 

DeleteMyAccount
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

Oh my god, do you realize how prejudice you sound sound right now? First you mentioned trans people and now you are blaming white people. Not every white person in the world is racist. 

The Weeknd is a person of color, correct? He approved the design of the T-shirt. So a 4 year old wearing a shirt about jungles and monkey becomes over the top because the model on the website is black but The Weeknd apparently thinking the black community isn’t allowed to purchase it isn’t? That’s backwards.

How about everyone just get along and stop getting offended by every little thing just for the sake of saying y’all are “woke”. 

Why is mentioning trans representation prejudice? And it's a FACT that non-black people don't fully understand what black people have to face. How is that prejudice? When rereading my post before you response, I deleted "white" people to remain neutral on the subject. So I'm sorry that you couldn't reread the post.

1. I don't think the sweater is from the Weeknd's line.

2. I didn't say I was "woke".

So instead of being on the offensive, let's have a conversation that allows people to use their freedom of speech to approach this subject.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

In the past.
This ain't 1960 anymore.

Let's just look forward

It still happens today 

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Guys I know it seems like no big deal, but it’s offensive. In my country if you call someone black a monkey you can be sued or even arrested. It’s not that “oh people are offended by everything!”. It’s because the term is used as an offensive slang 

What country? 

Borislshere
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

In the past.
This ain't 1960 anymore.

Let's just look forward and don't create a 200 page thread about a photoshopped sweater on a model :rip:

As is every thread that covers something related to society :rip:
"but muh point of view"

Nnn mess it wasn’t that long ago. Monkey comparisons are still a thing. He’ll i was called a monkey and gorilla in middle school for my race and size. That wasn’t even 10 years ago :toofunny:

codymonster

My little cousins, who are black, are always called “my little monkeys” by their mother. Not because they are black, but because little kids, especially boys, are referred to as little monkeys. I used to be called a monkey as a kid. But it was because I was crazy and climbed on things, which is what most kids do.

Its very strange to me how people are so triggered by everything. Like, obviously H+M isn’t saying black people are monkeys :cryga: It’s just a kid, who happens to be black, wearing a sweater that any kid of any colour could wear.

There is so much actual racism in this world that damages and affects people every day. I don’t understand why we continue to get hung up on things that are mistakes, or not actually meant to be offensive. Let’s focus on destroying ACTUAL racism, not just picking on people and trying to find things that COULD be considered racist if you think hard enough about it.

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

It still happens today 

Michelle Obama for example.

Sneaky Oliver
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

What country? 

Brazil :ph34r:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived