The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OliverViennese said:

whataboutism

Um yeah your grandpa is dying of a heart attack in the living room but my PB&J SANDWICH DROPPED aaaah

SychosSoChic

THE MESS :air:

How did this get shot? :smh:

How did this make it through editing? :smh:

How did this get posted on Twitter? :smh:

DID NO ONE STOP AND ASK ABOUT THIS? :air:

MESS

tumblr_osrth0vPal1u6n38po1_250.gif

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, Chic said:

Offended by a hoodie that nobody would care about or acknowledge except SJW's so it has zero cultural impact nor does it perpetuate culturally racist norms due to its irrelevance

But it is relevant.

Just now, ZacharyMark said:

But it is relevant.

It's a hoodie nobody would care about otherwise

Grigio Guy

My question is: why in the name of anything holy that exists, would they intentionally do this knowing the repercussions? I’m baffled by people offended by this. :laughga:

Religion is a product to sell.

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, Chic said:

It's a hoodie nobody would care about otherwise

Well, it's a pretty ugly sweater, I'll admit. BUT there is a narrative of what it means to be black and called a monkey in this country. You can't deny that. I do have some reservations about the subject; however, many people would find this to be a marketing flaw. 

So why would you care what others think? Do you don't care for the social representation of well informed trans people?

Bellatrix

I highly doubt this was intentional. I don't think they even reflected on the childrens skin when they shot this. But what do I know? It's 2018 and everyone must be offended by everything.

So basically the people who are offended agree  that black people look like monkeys... Lol.

Its not a big deal. It doesn't seem offensive to me because I don't believe black people look like monkeys at all..

Just now, Bellatrix said:

I highly doubt this was intentional. I don't think they even reflected on the childrens skin when they shot this. But what do I know? It's 2018 and everyone must be offended by everything.

even if it wasn't intentional the harm has been done. also, these get reviewed by tons of people before getting published so :wtfga: photograph, photoshop thing, someone that puts it on the website, reviews it and approves it etc. 

BloodyJudas

I am utterly disgusted by their recklessness and audacity to print such an abhorrent writing ona  hoodie! Shame on them! From now on  I won't buy any piece of clothing from them, either. Kudos to the Weeknd for sticking up, I am proud of him. I am also devastated to see that someone could've come up with such an insensitive idea. That's just wrong on so many levels, guys! There should be some consequences of their actions! If it were a white guy and it would offend him somehow, it would be all over the Internet.... but it seems like people get away with disrespecting the Black Culture. I won't even begin to mention the misappropriation of the Black Culture by pop culture and white artists who just want to cash in on it, but they stay silent when police brutality towards Black People takes place on a daily basis, And this is coming from a white guy. 

What is happening to this world? 

LadyLuca

Inb4 we cant say moneys anymore c.c This is kinda dumb tbh. I really had to scroll down comments to understand that they assosiate monkeys with people of colour and a black kid wears it.

I dont see racism here- I see someone wanting to make attention or create a problem. There is acutal rasism! People getting bullied,judged or shot for example. Dont make problems if there are no problems. 

last but not least- what a whiney bi tchey person is this ? Its so sad that this was his first asssioation. 

Bellatrix
Just now, OBEY said:

even if it wasn't intentional the harm has been done. also, these get reviewed by tons of people before getting published so :wtfga: photograph, photoshop thing, someone that puts it on the website, reviews it and approves it etc. 

Yeah, and none of them reacted because they don't see colors :trollga:

Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Well, it's a pretty ugly sweater, I'll admit. BUT there is a narrative of what it means to be black and called a monkey in this country. You can't deny that. I do have some reservations about the subject; however, many people would find this to be a marketing flaw. 

So why would you care what others think? Do you don't care for the social representation of well informed trans people?

Implications are irrelevant to me. What could simply be a computer generated image of a piece of cloth from a fashion store is not cause for offense. Ironically, by putting this in the public eye, they are reinforcing the stereotype that "black people = monkeys" and making it into something it isn't. A black kid wearing this hoodie is not a problem. If they didn't make an issue of it, it would simply just be a kid wearing a cute little hoodie.

I absolutely hate when people bring my status as a trans person into these arguments. No, I don't care much for the social representation of trans people, considering the vast majority of the representation they like tends to absolutely suck and make things worse for the community. So no thanks. And anyway, the exposure of trans media hurts people that pass as biologically female, and the over-offense to everything (especially in regards to its correlation with SJW's/trans people) has only done harm.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived