💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you paying for your streaming ?

OBEY

Are you paying your streaming subscription  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Are you paying your streaming subscription?

• Yes, I use Spotify premium/Apple Music/Tidal/Others
    • No, I use Spotify-free/other free streaming
    • I don't use streaming services

Featured Posts

BloodyJudas

Is the new rule going to affect the chart positions that much? Is it a major change or just a minor one?What do you guys think? Is Gaga or Nicki going to profit out of it or to the contrary? I am interested to find out. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WildAmerican

Thank God free Spotify users are being weighted less.

I use Apple Music's Student membership, and it's totally worth it. 

21 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Tomorrow, Billboard will give more weight to streams from people that are paying a monthly subscription. 

Are you paying for your streaming?

Yes sir. 

PartySick
16 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

$5 a month for Spotify Premium (student discount) 

My streams are superior to all you free users, bow down peasants

What :giveup:

I'm going back to school soon so this is good to know :lolly:

OT: Yeah, I have Spotify premium and I subscribed to Amazon music for my grandmother's Alexa. They had that "three months of serve for 99 cents" sale which was perfect timing tbh :poot:

🖤

3 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

Is the new rule going to affect the chart positions that much? Is it a major change or just a minor one?What do you guys think? Is Gaga or Nicki going to profit out of it or to the contrary? I am interested to find out. 

from FRANZGA on the charts thread : 

so a 15M free streams which is at 10k SEA before will be lowered to ~5k, that's a very BIG difference considering there's a lot of album that is charting within the lower half of BB200 which sild near to nothing but still charting because of streaming. but of course not all of the streams are free..

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

What :giveup:

I'm going back to school soon so this is good to know :lolly:

All you need is a .edu email and you get the discount for a year

SHALLOW
19 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Well I paid 1$ for 3 months :ladyhaha: Apart from that, no

Same, otherwise i subscribe to free trial of any streaming service

PartySick
5 minutes ago, OBEY said:

from FRANZGA on the charts thread : 

so a 15M free streams which is at 10k SEA before will be lowered to ~5k, that's a very BIG difference considering there's a lot of album that is charting within the lower half of BB200 which sild near to nothing but still charting because of streaming. but of course not all of the streams are free..

So...I'm sure the answer is simple but why can they not just have, idk, two separate charts? Do this whole deal and have a "Hot 100 Streams" chart and then do a legitimate chart that's only pure sales?

How do sales and streams both work on the same chart anyway? What's the exchange rate? How many streams is a sale? :laughga:

🖤

6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

So...I'm sure the answer is simple but why can they not just have, idk, two separate charts? Do this whole deal and have a "Hot 100 Streams" chart and then do a legitimate chart that's only pure sales?

How do sales and streams both work on the same chart anyway? What's the exchange rate? How many streams is a sale? :laughga:

in 2013 it was : Generally speaking, our Hot 100 formula targets a ratio of sales (35-45%), airplay (30-40%) and streaming (20-30%)

but i think they lowered sales a bit and augmented streaming bc songs barely sell anything anymore.

there's more details in the charts section 

Drin Lon
15 minutes ago, PartySick said:

150 streams = 1 song sale, no?

1500 streams = 1 album sale

It should be sth like 300streams = 1 sale tho :madge:

Teal Ambition

Yup, I have the 5$/month student deal with Spotify. I also buy physical copies of my favourite albums.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Archived