Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
22 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

@Haroon would you care to explain who I insulted and how? I was attacked in this thread as well and I hope the person has received a warning point too 👀

- Like I said before, it was a joke. Have of seen the tweets I posted here? They were probably posted by people who were over 21, and that doesn't mean they were any smart/nice.

- Radiohead will spend more money on lawyers than they'll receive from the song copyright. Like I said before, this has nothing to do with gaining money, but protecting their art.

- I can't understand half of what  Lana says when she sings live either. It must be because her voice is really bad and she sings like she is sleepy.

- Radiohead has over 25 years of career. They are often found in lists of most influential, important and best bands of all time, considered by many The Beatles of modern times. When Lana receives a Grammy, gets an award  pressing her writing skills, or even gets as musically skilled as any Radiohead member we can talk.

Were you really talking about me with that first bit? What I said was hardly WP-worthy.

Plenty of people say what you say without it being a joke. I'm so over the whole "your opinion could only be such if you were young" idea.

Yeah, they probably will spend more money on lawyers than they'll get out of this, money wise. Which makes me think this is more to do with putting their names out there again and getting exposure than protecting art. And before you say that they don't need that, they hardly promote, they aren't listened to by the majority of current music listeners, they've taken big breaks between their last few albums and their last big seller was in 1997. Plenty of older artists start doing lawsuits when they get older. It's a tactic to keep themselves in the limelight when they know they're not talked about anymore. The only time I ever heard Radiohead mentioned up until A Moon Shaped Pool was in reference to their old work from the 90s, never any of their new stuff. And also, they are alternative. Alternative types tend to be very snobbish about any alternative act who gets remotely mainstream. Lana is basically mainstream alternative. For the most part, she's been too alternative for the mainstream crowd and too mainstream for the alternative crowd, hence why she has so many people against her. The poor girl's been trying to get respect for years and just when I thought she was finally starting to get some, Radiohead want to come along and ruin things. Let's not forget how being accused of plagiarism could have ended Gaga's career. It's an extremely serious accusation to make and is potentially an attack on an artist's livelihood.

If you think Lana sounds like she did on SNL back in 2012, you have a lot to catch up on. She basically sounds exactly like her studio recordings now and has found her confidence. I've seen her perform twice and she was perfect and the local journalists agreed with me.

I wasn't disagreeing that Radiohead aren't influential, just the quality of their music. It's such a typical response to give the tired "but they've sold more records!" when we know sales don't matter that much anymore. Getting a Grammy isn't the pinnacle of artistic achievement, everyone knows that. Some of the most talented acts have never even got nominated. Lana's just been unfairly snubbed because of snooty critics who think she's fake. And Lana has won an Ivor Novello award for Video Games and that award recognises purely songwriting/composing ability and is selected by purely by other songwriters (think she has way more profound lyrics than that, but you can't win em all).

8 hours ago, scallywally said:

Could Lana sue Miley for dead petz?

That's a very good point. Miley was clearly inspired by Lana on several songs on that album. Cyrus Skies sounds like something lifted from Ultraviolence. Lana has been behind the inspiration of many a song in recent years, no doubt. Lorde is the most obvious example and is likely who she's referencing in F***ed My Way Up To The Top. She could totally have sued Taylor Swift for Wildest Dreams sounding exactly like the chorus instrumental of Without You but didn't, even though that was a successful single and Without You Is just an album bonus track. But, clearly, she just wants to focus on her own career and do her own thing. Which is very admirable. Maybe Radiohead should pay attention to her lyrics in In My Feelings: "You've been wasting my time while you're taking what's mine with the things that you're doing."

3 hours ago, Cry Baby said:

Everybody chill for a sec. here’s the real :tea: 

“As Radiohead’s music publisher, it’s true that we’ve been in discussions since August of last year with Lana Del Rey’s representatives,” the statement reads. “It’s clear that the verses of ‘Get Free’ use musical elements found in the verses of ‘Creep’ and we’ve requested that this be acknowledged in favor of all writers of Creep.’

“To set the record straight,” the statement continues, “no lawsuit has been issued and Radiohead have not said they ‘will only accept 100 %’ of the publishing of ‘Get Free’.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/radiohead-publisher-denies-lana-del-180003723.html

If that's the case, why is Lana making it public now? Suggesting something's about to kick off? She has no other reason to bring it up now and why would she lie?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cssomeone
15 minutes ago, ARTPOP39 said:

please radiohead has copied people like Bowie and Mercury so much!!!!!

They will get nothing !!!!! like how you sue someone after you were sued from the same thing like you copied and lost and then now wanna sue because you're dusty and irrelevant. they need to retire.

+++

Don't act like you're not a lana stan!!!! You know her music and listen to it everyday. Stop sucking the nuts and **** of white privilege men that are homophobic sexist and transphobic. You stan bland unseasoned rotten potatoes. Get a life and learn to not be prejudice.

Why are you bringing suicide into this??? STOP !!! YOU ARE DISGUSTING!!!!! 

I've never laughed harder in my life.

tenor.gif?itemid=4689499

But seriously, go out a little, take some fresh air, talk to your family members, live, you know.

2 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

I've never laughed harder in my life.

tenor.gif?itemid=4689499

But seriously, go out a little, take some fresh air, talk to your family members, live, you know.

1. you're a yt man so stfu

2. stop using black women as memes thats digital blackface 

3. learn to accept FACTS AND TRUTH!!

Cssomeone
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Were you really talking about me with that first bit? What I said was hardly WP-worthy.

Plenty of people say what you say without it being a joke. I'm so over the whole "your opinion could only be such if you were young" idea.

Yeah, they probably will spend more money on lawyers than they'll get out of this, money wise. Which makes me think this is more to do with putting their names out there again and getting exposure than protecting art. And before you say that they don't need that, they hardly promote, they aren't listened to by the majority of current music listeners, they've taken big breaks between their last few albums and their last big seller was in 1997. Plenty of older artists start doing lawsuits when they get older. It's a tactic to keep themselves in the limelight when they know they're not talked about anymore. The only time I ever heard Radiohead mentioned up until A Moon Shaped Pool was in reference to their old work from the 90s, never any of their new stuff. And also, they are alternative. Alternative types tend to be very snobbish about any alternative act who gets remotely mainstream. Lana is basically mainstream alternative. For the most part, she's been too alternative for the mainstream crowd and too mainstream for the alternative crowd, hence why she has so many people against her. The poor girl's been trying to get respect for years and just when I thought she was finally starting to get some, Radiohead want to come along and ruin things. Let's not forget how being accused of plagiarism could have ended Gaga's career. It's an extremely serious accusation to make and is potentially an attack on an artist's livelihood.

If you think Lana sounds like she did on SNL back in 2012, you have a lot to catch up on. She basically sounds exactly like her studio recordings now and has found her confidence. I've seen her perform twice and she was perfect and the local journalists agreed with me.

I wasn't disagreeing that Radiohead aren't influential, just the quality of their music. It's such a typical response to give the tired "but they've sold more records!" when we know sales don't matter that much anymore. Getting a Grammy isn't the pinnacle of artistic achievement, everyone knows that. Some of the most talented acts have never even got nominated. Lana's just been unfairly snubbed because of snooty critics who think she's fake. And Lana has won an Ivor Novello award for Video Games and that award recognises purely songwriting/composing ability and is selected by purely by other songwriters (think she has way more profound lyrics than that, but you can't win em all).

That's a very good point. Miley was clearly inspired by Lana on several songs on that album. Cyrus Skies sounds like something lifted from Ultraviolence. Lana has been behind the inspiration of many a song in recent years, no doubt. Lorde is the most obvious example and is likely who she's referencing in F***ed My Way Up To The Top. She could totally have sued Taylor Swift for Wildest Dreams sounding exactly like the chorus instrumental of Without You but didn't, even though that was a successful single and Without You Is just an album bonus track. But, clearly, she just wants to focus on her own career and do her own thing. Which is very admirable. Maybe Radiohead should pay attention to her lyrics in In My Feelings: "You've been wasting my time while you're taking what's mine with the things that you're doing."

If that's the case, why is Lana making it public now? Suggesting something's about to kick off? She has no other reason to bring it up now and why would she lie?

- Radiohead are more critically acclaimed than Lana :trollga:

- She still sucks singing live (tell that to your journalist friends :stalkga:)

- What part of SHE MADE IT PUBLIC did you not understand? :saladga:

Cssomeone
4 minutes ago, ARTPOP39 said:

1. you're a yt man so stfu

2. stop using black women as memes thats digital blackface 

3. learn to accept FACTS AND TRUTH!!

1. Wait, did you just assume my gender? :triggered:

ChillyEachAmericantoad-max-1mb.gif

Here, I am using Jesus now. What you think?

StrawberryBlond
7 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

- I never said they weren't. I said she won an award for her songwriting. Big difference.

- Your opinion. And less of the rudeness.

- Yes, she made it public...for a reason. It might be because a lawsuit is about to kick off.

9 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

1. Wait, did you just assume my gender? :triggered:

ChillyEachAmericantoad-max-1mb.gif

Here, I am using Jesus now. What you think?

sis your insta is linked to your account!!!!

Cssomeone
12 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

- I never said they weren't. I said she won an award for her songwriting. Big difference.

- Your opinion. And less of the rudeness.

- Yes, she made it public...for a reason. It might be because a lawsuit is about to kick off.

- Sorry, I meant to say she has a rather poor vocal ability to this day.

- There is no lawsuit :icega: They have been discussing this for the past six months, keeping it secret from the GP and then she tweeted about being sued by them. So, she obviously lied. They don't need any publicity.

Cssomeone
14 minutes ago, ARTPOP39 said:

sis your insta is linked to your account!!!!

That's right. Take this opportunity and follow me :sis:

1 hour ago, Cssomeone said:

well who cares if she made it public, there's still going to be a jurisprudence titled Radiohead v. Del Rey for everyone to read at the end of the trial

Inferno
9 minutes ago, OBEY said:

well who cares if she made it public, there's still going to be a jurisprudence titled Radiohead v. Del Rey for everyone to read at the end of the trial

Actually there wouldn't have been because they weren't taking her to court. Shes taking them to court for their persistence. They asked for credit as well as credit for the artists which they derived Creep from as well. Thats fair. She was just being drama about it and outright lied on twitter.

Cssomeone
10 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Lana fans were saying that Radiohead were making this public to use her name as publicity, but it turns out she was lying about being sued and made it all public herself.

21 hours ago, Cry Baby said:

Not the video showcasing the best part in her song :selena:

How can some of y’all say “just a little similar” when actual comparisons like this exist.... clearly very similar 

Just now, Inferno said:

Actually there wouldn't have been because they weren't taking her to court. They asked for credit as well as credit for the artists which they derived Creep from as well. Thats fair. She was just being drama about it and outright lied on twitter.

She wanted to give them 40 they want 100, they’re not happy so they’re going to sue her soon if that’s not already done. when you’re suing someone you know things will get public eventually, so who cares if she tweeted about it ?

Archived