youandi

Featured Posts

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pacify Him
12 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

CALLED IT

but definitely want lana to win in court :) 

it's all your fault :grr::grr::grr:

I’m getting on your nerves

Pacify Him
Just now, PeachJug said:

OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE :toofunny:

Trump's presidency... NK preparing its nukes...

and now the clashing of the King and Queen of Depressing music.

It is really the end of the world :applause: 

aaronyoji

get free sounds the way it does because she's imitating an old sound from 50s girl groups, it was pretty common back then, even lykki li uses them. radiohead; just :saladga:

FfFfFfFF
9 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

@Haroon would you care to explain who I insulted and how? I was attacked in this thread as well and I hope the person has received a warning point too 👀

- Like I said before, it was a joke. Have of seen the tweets I posted here? They were probably posted by people who were over 21, and that doesn't mean they were any smart/nice.

- Radiohead will spend more money on lawyers than they'll receive from the song copyright. Like I said before, this has nothing to do with gaining money, but protecting their art.

- I can't understand half of what  Lana says when she sings live either. It must be because her voice is really bad and she sings like she is sleepy.

- Radiohead has over 25 years of career. They are often found in lists of most influential, important and best bands of all time, considered by many The Beatles of modern times. When Lana receives a Grammy, gets an award  pressing her writing skills, or even gets as musically skilled as any Radiohead member we can talk. 

Gosh, Lana must be way too dumb or good to offer 40% of a song she claims to be original. 

I didn't ignore it. I said they were sued and had to pay. That doesn't change the fact that they have all the right to sue Lana as well 🙂

1. Radiohead success is irrelevant to the topic we discuss. 

2. She may wanted a compromis.

3. But the fact that they were sued means this is not fully their original song, right? Then why would they sue another artist because of the resemblance to the song you had been in court and lost with?

and about the insult it's that you tried to ridicule Lana's fanbase as whole with several comments in this thread.

scallywally

Dont want to step on anybody's toes or say the wrong thing.

But where would it end if everybody took everybody to court?... Air could Sue Lana. Could Lana sue Miley for dead petz? Could Pink sue Miley for We cant stop or party in the USA? 

Sounds silly to me! Music comes and goes in trends the all influence each other. Its a pat on the back if anything. 

I'm not gonna get into the M Gaga thing before anybody starts but theres never been a court case involved, M's not like that. So many people have been influenced by Bjork, you never see her with a lawyer either.

Radiohead for all their triumphs great music and fans shouldve left it alone, Lana shouldve sent them a nice cake and a note saying 'others think this track sounds like creep, if it does thanks for the influence, love Lana' 

The world still turns and theres more **** going on than rich people suing rich people.

The Beatles, David Bowie and Prince wouldve been in court every week if it was the thing to do. 

Cssomeone
3 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

1. Radiohead success is irrelevant to the topic we discuss. 

2. She may wanted a compromis.

3. But the fact that they were sued means this is not fully their original song, right? Then why would they sue another artist because of the resemblance to the song you had been in court and lost with?

and about the insult it's that you tried to ridicule Lana's fanbase as whole with several comments in this thread.

1. It was a response to an attempt to diminish Radiohead as a whole. Why didn't you say that the whole argument used by the other user to explain that Lana talks about (supposedly) relevant matters has nothing to do with the topic we are discussing? Oh, right, you're a Lana fan, therefore, biased. 

2. I guess artists should start suing her to get 40% out of all her songs for free. She is such a saint indeed. She has to decide: She either stole and has to pay or she created something original and owes nothing to no one. We are talking about work, artistry and integrity here. Stop using this "she just wanted to finish this up quickly" argument. 

3. How many times do you guys have to bring up their suing case. Yes, they were sued and sentenced guilty. As they confessed having been inspired by "The Air I breath" they included Albert Hammond and Michael Hazlewood as writers. However, the song is still theirs. 

4. That's why I hate commenting on this site. It's not the first time this happens. People need to learn a bit more about speech analysis. They could be a little less "snowflakes"

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Cssomeone said:

1. It was a response to an attempt to diminish Radiohead as a whole. Why didn't you say that the whole argument used by the other user to explain that Lana talks about (supposedly) relevant matters has nothing to do with the topic we are discussing? Oh, right, you're a Lana fan, therefore, biased. 

2. I guess artists should start suing her to get 40% out of all her songs for free. She is such a saint indeed. She has to decide: She either stole and has to pay or she created something original and owes nothing to no one. We are talking about work, artistry and integrity here. Stop using this "she just wanted to finish this up quickly" argument. 

3. How many times do you guys have to bring up their suing case. Yes, they were sued and sentenced guilty. As they confessed having been inspired by "The Air I breath" they included Albert Hammond and Michael Hazlewood as writers. However, the song is still theirs. 

4. That's why I hate commenting on this site. It's not the first time this happens. People need to learn a bit more about speech analysis. They could be a little less "snowflakes"

1. I might be biased as a Lana fans, it's true. In fact I didn't liked the post you are talking about for some reason, Still the comments was about Radiohead diction, not the critical acclaim or success they have. Radiohead being an alternative rock band, I am sure this ''war''  will transform into a pop vs rock battle, manufactured vs authentic an so on. 

2. The argument "she just wanted to finish this up quickly'' is a plausibile reason and we have no choice but to consider it. It is an assumption? yes, just like your argument about her feeling guilty because of stealing their song. She had no explicit clue to show she wasn't inspired by Radiohead and their lawyers must have been rezistent. She may not want this to be public either, reason why she gave them 40% and then stop, if she had no integrity as you say she would have given them 100%. She is not at her peak of her career and she has a history of getting backlash, maybe she just wanted to avoid negative publicity.

3. We can't just ignore it. The connection is just too obvious, even Radiohead fans have been pointing this out.

4. From my experience on this this site I can tell this is not true, this forum is one of the most respectful pop forums. Of course, there are indeed exceptions, but mods are active and also the users are tolerable with each other, most of the times, in my opinion. 

I don't understand how you included your age joke in the first post to ridiculise Lana's fanbase and then expect not to get into any readers skin, big portion of us being under 21. I am certain that nobody would have quoted you if you have resumed your comments to a logically express of your opinion. This might be just my perspective though.

Maybe it's not about the forum alone, but the way you choose to express your opinion. I wish you to feel welcomed here, I am not considering you a bad person, and I'm sorry if you us hostile but based on your attitudine here you seem to be a childish person and this attitudine is a thing you should improve to have a better experience with this site. 

Cssomeone
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

1. I might be biased as a Lana fans, it's true. In fact I didn't liked the post you are talking about for some reason, Still the comments was about Radiohead diction, not the critical acclaim or success they have. Radiohead being an alternative rock band, I am sure this ''war''  will transform into a pop vs rock battle, manufactured vs authentic an so on. 

2. The argument "she just wanted to finish this up quickly'' is a plausibile reason and we have no choice but to consider it. It is an assumption? yes, just like your argument about her feeling guilty because of stealing their song. She had no explicit clue to show she wasn't inspired by Radiohead and their lawyers must have been rezistent. She may not want this to be public either, reason why she gave them 40% and then stop, if she had no integrity as you say she would have given them 100%. She is not at her peak of her career and she has a history of getting backlash, maybe she just wanted to avoid negative publicity.

3. We can't just ignore it. The connection is just too obvious, even Radiohead fans have been pointing this out.

4. From my experience on this this site I can tell this is not true, this forum is one of the most respectful pop forums. Of course, there are indeed exceptions, but mods are active and also the users are tolerable with each other, most of the times, in my opinion. 

I don't understand how you included your age joke in the first post to ridiculise Lana's fanbase and then expect not to get into any readers skin, big portion of us being under 21. I am certain that nobody would have quoted you if you have resumed your comments to a logically express of your opinion. This might be just my perspective though.

Maybe it's not about the forum alone, but the way you choose to express your opinion. I wish you to feel welcomed here, I am not considering you a bad person, and I'm sorry if you us hostile but based on your attitudine here you seem to be a childish person and this attitudine is a thing you should improve to have a better experience with this site. 

1. I commented on Radiohead members' musical skills as an answer to a person's opinion about their music (or rather lack of ability to even sing properly). Anyone has the right not to like an artist for any reason, but you cannot deny facts. Radiohead are more relevant than Lana (period) The fact that you (or any other person here) prefers her music over Radiohead won't change their accomplishments or impact in the music industry.

2. I never said she had no integrity :saladga: What I meant was (as it seems people here have problems to understand what I say): If I am an artist and someone accuses me of stealing their art (and I know I didn't) the last thing I'd do is to offer them 40% of what is not theirs. If you want to accuse me of something, then prove I did it. And to complement my next point ...

3. ... it seems to me that she and her team realised (after or even before being accused/sued) that both songs have striking similarities. "The Air I Breath" does sound like "Creep", but so does "Get Free" to "Creep" (even more, in my honest opinion). As I said before, they still have rights over that song, thus they have the right to sue her (being it a hypocrisy, or not).

4. I hardly ever use swearing words in my life, and even less often here. I've never directly insulted anyone. I've never told anyone to "get their heads out of their a**es".  When I commented that I hated anyone under 21, I referred to childish comments, behavior or arguments used here. If anyone got insulted by my comment, they should use plausable facts to debate me, not the same things over and over again.

You don't know me, but there's something I'd like you to know: I use humor as a weapon to discuss (or even break people). It is not connected to childish manners. It's a way to built discomfort. I don't always feel the need to comment things here, especially (and I could prove it to myself because of this threat) because people are two biased and/or close-minded to some subjects outside their bubbles. Don't even care to quote me, I won't answer anymore.   

FfFfFfFF
49 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

1. I commented on Radiohead members' musical skills as an answer to a person's opinion about their music (or rather lack of ability to even sing properly). Anyone has the right not to like an artist for any reason, but you cannot deny facts. Radiohead are more relevant than Lana (period) The fact that you (or any other person here) prefers her music over Radiohead won't change their accomplishments or impact in the music industry.

My only mention: Is it fair to compare Radiohead accomplishments , band who has been active for decades to Lana which debuted in 201?.

Pacify Him

Everybody chill for a sec. here’s the real :tea: 

“As Radiohead’s music publisher, it’s true that we’ve been in discussions since August of last year with Lana Del Rey’s representatives,” the statement reads. “It’s clear that the verses of ‘Get Free’ use musical elements found in the verses of ‘Creep’ and we’ve requested that this be acknowledged in favor of all writers of Creep.’

“To set the record straight,” the statement continues, “no lawsuit has been issued and Radiohead have not said they ‘will only accept 100 %’ of the publishing of ‘Get Free’.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/radiohead-publisher-denies-lana-del-180003723.html

Cssomeone

P.S.: Hummmm, Radiohead have been discussing this since last August, keeping it out of the public eye and agreeing to share the rights of "Get Free" among all "Creep" writers. And LANA herself made it public by tweeting about it. It looks like the tables have turned, haven't they? :trollga:

Archived