Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

Solitaiire
Just now, Cssomeone said:

First: Lana's fans (and some people on this cult site :trollga:) reactions show why I hate anyone under 21.

Second: It doesn't matter if it is a well-known song or a B-side, if it's a rip off, she should be sued.

Third: If you really are a Radiohead fan (like some people here love bragging about), you should know that they respect and preserve art. They don't make music to get money and top charts, they have a message to deliver. They don't write songs about 'wanting to die', 'beautiful dresses' and 'daddy issues'. 

If they didn't make music to get money they wouldn't be suing her for 100% of the profits. She offered them 40% and they still weren't happy. Please get your head out of your a**

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cssomeone
2 minutes ago, Solitaiire said:

If they didn't make music to get money they wouldn't be suing her for 100% of the profits. She offered them 40% and they still weren't happy. Please get your head out of your a**

For the same reason I stated: They respect and preserve art. They are sending a message here. She (supposedly) stole their art. Do you really think (as I am quite sure you don't know enough about them) that they would simply say, "Ok, give us some money and get away with it"? 

And your last sentence just shows how unreasonable you are. Can't you have a discussion without relying on offensive slur?

Solitaiire
2 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

For the same reason I stated: They respect and preserve art. They are sending a message here. She (supposedly) stole their art. Do you really think (as I am quite sure you don't know enough about them) that they would simply say, "Ok, give us some money and get away with it"? 

And your last sentence just shows how unreasonable you are. Can't you have a discussion without relying on offensive slur?

How hypocritical when you couldn't comment your original comment without insulting lana in the last sentence. Nice try sweaty!

And no, if they weren't about the money they could have done something else but instead they wanted only profit. 

29 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

First: Lana's fans (and some people on this cult site :trollga:) reactions show why I hate anyone under 21.

Second: It doesn't matter if it is a well-known song or a B-side, if it's a rip off, she should be sued.

Third: If you really are a Radiohead fan (like some people here love bragging about), you should know that they respect and preserve art. They don't make music to get money and top charts, they have a message to deliver. They don't write songs about 'wanting to die', 'beautiful dresses' and 'daddy issues'. 

you hate anyone under 21? :) what happened to you? 

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, HausOfMark said:

why would she offer 40%? She should offer 0%.

To avoid going to court. Offering 40% will likely be less costly than a prolonged court case and lawyers fees. Not to mention the press of it all, but perhaps this will help spur streams for the song/album? Regardless, settling out of court is a lot cheaper and less messy which is likely why she offered it.

26 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

a3c.jpg

Matangi
35 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

this is based on your bias towards what is considered art and not. If we are being objective here, less than 40 percent of the song's melody, chord progression and vocalization is similar to Creep. In no way does she owe them 100% of the royalties from an original song on her album. Your toss in of how much you dislike people under 21 (lmao) and how much you don't care for Lana's writing (who gives a **** about your opinion on that) only illustrate how weak your argument is.

43 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

now isnt that ironic. you hate people who make immature comments online, but you have no problem finishing your post with that unnecessary comment on lanas songwriting skills ... 

Solitaiire
4 minutes ago, Matangi said:

this is based on your bias towards what is considered art and not. If we are being objective here, less than 40 percent of the song's melody, chord progression and vocalization is similar to Creep. In no way does she owe them 100% of the royalties from an original song on her album. Your toss in of how much you dislike people under 21 (lmao) and how much you don't care for Lana's writing (who gives a **** about your opinion on that) only illustrate how weak your argument is.

3 minutes ago, maxmore said:

now isnt that ironic. you hate people who make immature comments online, but you have no problem finishing your post with that unnecessary comment on lanas songwriting skills ... 

We love tea!

52 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

Wait radiohead was sued by Albert Hammond because Creep it's a rip off of The Air That I Breath...and Albert won

So it's not hypocrite to sue someone over a song you have been sued?

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

ProdigyARTPOP
2 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Interesting that you don’t attempt to enlighten or educate people on this thread to further discussion. 

Asking for publishing royalties encompasses song sales, song streams, usage of the song in media or in any works, performances of the song, ringtone sales, writing credit, any merchandise that might have the lyrics of the song, legalities etc.

its not just about making $$ and regardless if it’s a single or an album track, they deserve credit. & a measly 40% is not enough. especially by the music industry’s market today. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Wait radiohead was sued by Albert Hammond because Creep it's a rip off of The Air That I Breath...and Albert won

So it's not a hypocrital to sue someone over a song you have been sued?

0ccc322210c4b1a16eb97f72700756f5.jpg 

ProdigyARTPOP

the song really does sound like creep. 

i thought that when i first heard it honestly. 

FFXSoul91
55 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

They don't make music to get money and top charts, they have a message to deliver. They don't write songs about 'wanting to die', 'beautiful dresses' and 'daddy issues'. 

Well, that's a pretentious generalization if I've ever heard one. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were under 21 as well.

For the record, Get Free is very deep song with a beautiful message about overcoming mental illness. And while I have a lot of respect for Radiohead's musical achievements and Creep is iconic, Get Free is the better of the two songs.

Musical intergrity typically doesn't include trying to obtain 100% of the credit when you don't deserve it.

Stan Is My Name

I don't get it, isn't Radiohead the group who leaks their own albums? Didn't they put albums out for free or with little press? Why sue Lana? 

Haroon is coming to kill me D:

Archived