youandi

Featured Posts

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
18 minutes ago, Parach said:

I completely understand that.

She wouldn't offer 40% if she knew she was right.

That is not how it works.

Anderson123

That's harsh but Get Free does sound like Creep so much.

The funny thing is that Radiohead got SUED years ago because they took The Hollies' chord progression of "The Air That I Breathe" and used it on Creep. I don't really remember what happened but Radiohead ended up giving songwriting credits to them.

If Lana wins there's a possibility that The Hollies could also sue her, or maybe not.

Thomas P

That’s a shame. I’d expect better from Radiohead, cause they seem like the kind of musicians that would let art be art. 100% is ridiculous, even if they sound similar 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Seriously they want 100% for pre-chorus which sounds similar yeah, but for ****'s sake it's chord progression. What about the rest of song??? I believe it's some people from management team just got greedy, not band itself.

Sestri Levante

As much as I like Radiohead, 100% is way too much, 40% seems reasonable if not a lot considering the situation with The Hollies.

Andy McQueen

Heard both songs now... It sounds very similar to me.

Much more than for example:

So I can't really blame Radiohead, I guess... (sorry) 

NIghtmareElm

That is just sad.  What's the point in suing her?  Creep is their biggest song, they made money off that.  They may be talented but damn they are old and sue happy.  Both songs sound similar but Get Free is not a copy of it.  She didn't sample them.  They shouldn't have the right to do this.  Not even Madonna tried sued Gaga for the similarities between Express Yourself and Born This Way.  

ShockPop

I love everyone defending Lana despite the fact that if radiohead were suing Bruno it'd be the opposite.

Swan Heart

Offering 40% was quite generous of her.

Quite a shitty move, suing over nothing.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Cssomeone

tenor.gif?itemid=8177056

As someone said above, if she knew she was right she wouldn't have offered 40%. Furthermore, it sounds undeniably similar to Creep. And you guys defending Lana tho :saladga:

Luke78619

If she didn't use their song, why would she give them any credibility at all?? 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Guest bostonGUY
1 hour ago, SonOfAphrodite said:

They don’t even deserve 40% considering they took the melody for “Creep” from The Hollies and were succesfuly sued by them.

THE T E A 

Archived