Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey Courtroom Drama w/ Radiohead

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

SonOfAphrodite
4 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Yes the Chorus of get free basically has the same Melody as creep but I think at one point some songs just have the same melodies because there are only so many  melodies you can Compose with 12 Notes. I also think creep Has become such a culturally significant song that you don't even realize you plagiarise the melody if you sing it. If I was radiohead I Would probably be upset with Lana but I don't know if I Would go to court over it 

They have no reason to be upset considering they took the melody from The Hollies and were successfully sued by them :trollga:

tomsches
2 minutes ago, SonOfAphrodite said:

They have no reason to be upset considering they took the melody from The Hollies and were successfully sued by them :trollga:

Wow. I didnt know that 

Levine
11 minutes ago, GaGaSwift said:

Just listened to the two songs. Both of them are bad but they share very similar beats and chord progressions. 

Nnn the iconic and CULT song Creep being bad...

It's the same song, they better sue!

SonOfAphrodite
1 minute ago, tomsches said:

Wow. I didnt know that 

It’s the same melody and they dare go after Lana for a chord progression :saladga:

FrozenKookie

The hypocrisy of them suing because their famous song, who got sued and split in terms of royalties, got allegedly ripped off by another song- and what makes them such a big joke of the year is they're demanding for FULL publishing of Get Free. Radiohead is way intelligent for this ****. I'm sad and furious.

elijahfan

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I though of Creep the first time I heard it.... And my mom thought it was a cover, sooo

FfFfFfFF

I do hear the similarities but only on some segments of the song and I don't think that they are overall very similar other than that is just right for me. 

nativenewyorker

Yeah I noticed it. The melody's almost the same but I don't think it's worthy of Radiohead getting all of the publishing for it, though. If anything, the 40% Lana offered was more than enough. Hope the court sees it that way too. 

AmericanGUY

'get free' is far superior anyways :whitney:

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

Bloody hooker

Only a few parts are the same chord progression with a similar rhythm, but other than that, Lana’s song does not sound similar. She clearly wants give them 40%, because she can see where they are coming from. Them wanting 100% is bullsh*t.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

GypsyBabe

Didn’t Radiohead rip off the melody to begin with. :trollga:

It sucks when this happens because I feel like this is not done intentionally...however, wanting 100%? That’s ridiculous...

⚯͛

Archived