Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey Courtroom Drama w/ Radiohead

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

EDIT:

the background

This weekend, it was alleged that the ‘Born To Die’ singer was accused of copying elements of their 1993 hit ‘Creep’ on her ‘Lust For Life’ album track ‘Get Free’. It’s the final song on the number-one record, which also includes the single ‘Love’.
-NME

SonOfAphrodite

What’s funny is Radiohead was sued by The Hollies because Creep was the same as their song “The Air That I Breathe” Radiohead lost the case and had to split royalties. Maybe Radiohead is trying to make up for that lost money :selena:

AmericanGUY

i stg i can't stand lawsuits over similar songs/samples. that's the whole point of music is that with six notes you can create millions of songs. i wish artists saw each other as just that, artists, and not cashcows to steal from

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

LetsGetHigh

Reports that Radiohead are taking legal action against Lana Del Rey over copyright infringement are inaccurate, NME understands.

This weekend, it was alleged that the ‘Born To Die’ singer was accused of copying elements of their 1993 hit ‘Creep’ on her ‘Lust For Life’ album track ‘Get Free’. It’s the final song on the number-one record, which also includes the single ‘Love’.

According to The Sun, “both teams are trying to thrash it out behind the scenes to prevent it going to court.”

The source added: “It’s understood that Radiohead’s team are hoping for the band to either receive compensation or be credited on the list of songwriters to receive royalties.”

Pop Music

Just listened to the two songs. Both of them are bad but they share very similar beats and chord progressions. 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

tomsches

Yes the Chorus of get free basically has the same Melody as creep but I think at one point some songs just have the same melodies because there are only so many  melodies you can Compose with 12 Notes. I also think creep Has become such a culturally significant song that you don't even realize you plagiarise the melody if you sing it. If I was radiohead I Would probably be upset with Lana but I don't know if I Would go to court over it 

YeehawKylie

There are similarities in the beginning and pre-chorus, but overall the songs aren’t that similar. I never put two and two together honestly before I read there was a lawsuit 

Lana was being generous by offering them up to 40 per cent. Radiohead wants 100 per cent, therefore they can kindly go F themselves cause there’s no way they deserve that.

Pray4FameGa

It would annoy me less if Lana was typically stealing concepts and ideas, but she's literally the most innovative, inspired woman in the game. This is unfortunate and I feel for her.

Archived