💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Queen of lip sync

mzncb

Featured Posts

Janet Jackson, not Britney Spears, should be the queen of lip sync.

I keep seeing people say Britney has 'lip synced her entire career' or Britney ' has never actually sang live' but how come nobody points out that Janet has barely sung live in her 30 plus year career?  It doesn't matter how good a dancer she was.  If people keep saying well Lady Gaga dances and still sings to put down Britney, how the hell can you leave out Janet Jackson????

Whether she's a Legend or an Icon, if people are going to say Janet has a huge influence on Britney and the rest of the pop landscape (which she does), that must include the lip syncing.  Yeah Michael lipped, but he was a child prodigy talent.  Janet was a less talented child/teen vocalist than Britney.  Period.  (She never would have gotten a recording contract without her last name)

I do think Janet is/was a beast of a performer and a superior artist but the fact is that she, not Britney-not even close-introduced heavily lip synced concerts from less talented vocalists.

You can't vilify Britney for lip syncing without vilifying Janet when she's the one responsible for this, not Britney.

5 minutes ago, Easy said:

Wait so you think Britney is a better singer than Janet? :laughga: :huh:

She sure as hell was as a child to teen.  Look, Janet has barely sung live in her career.  If you were to compare there best live or recorded vocals, Britney was easily no worse than Janet; she was probably more talented, too.

5 minutes ago, mzncb said:

She sure as hell was as a child to teen.  Look, Janet has barely sung live in her career.  If you were to compare there best live or recorded vocals, Britney was easily no worse than Janet; she was probably more talented, too.

Knowing she’s a Jackson and reading what you said shocked me. But I just did a little bit of YouTube search, she really isn’t a super good singer like MJ so I get your point. But Britney So called singing ability isn’t polished as well, she just has a nice voice when singing naturally, you really can’t call her technique good or whatever, on the other hand, Janet’s vocals later in her career definitely shows her technique more.

so yes now I agree, childhood/teen Brit>Janet, overall, Janet >>>>>> Brit.

3 minutes ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

She has a great voice. 

That isn't better than this, particularly the first song.

RepentingSinner
1 minute ago, mzncb said:

That isn't better than this:

I LOVE Brit. But damn you are delusional. She is so shaky unstable, and the pitch is bad.

Mirages

That's because Janet's performances don't look so artificial. She records the tracks over for her shows so you don't actually hear the single/album studio versions.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

25 minutes ago, mzncb said:

That isn't better than this, particularly the first song.

Britney was barely on pitch here. I get what you mean, she has that soothing tone in her lower register but she has no control whatsoever and can’t stay on pitch.

Magneto

Britney maybe the world's most infamous lip syncher, but atleast she is just unapologetic about it and just uses the actual backing track (I think Janet does too). A lot of other artists do it too, but are just really good at it and hide behind pre-recorded vocals and therefor go unnoticed by the GP. I personally don't judge lip synching, but I do hate the inequality in how artists are treated for doing it.

Free my mind

3 hours ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

I LOVE Brit. But damn you are delusional. She is so shaky unstable, and the pitch is bad.

Yeah but the Janet performance is nothing special either; it isn't something most American Idol/ Voice final contenders winners couldn't pull off.  And the second song Britney sang is her singing will dancing; I'm not sure I've ever seen Janet actually do it. And I used to defend Janet, but Janet as to be called out for her lip syncing influence. Period.

2 hours ago, Easy said:

Britney was barely on pitch here. I get what you mean, she has that soothing tone in her lower register but she has no control whatsoever and can’t stay on pitch.

Still, the example with Janet is like only one performance, if she's a better singer than Britney, she's barely a better singer than Britney.  How many more performances can you find of Janet singing without average diction, a tendency to strain, sluring her words, being choppy and barely audible?

Archived