movie

Love, Simon Trailer

OBEY

Featured Posts

Hottie Nick Robinson is playing Simon, 17 yo gay :gaycat: 

Coming out march 16th 2018!

Spoiler

mess at the TOP and BOTTOM thing in the trailer tho :air: 

I think you're a little late with this news no?! :) The book is great. Pretty funny. Captures the whole experience pretty well I think!

kvnrp
8 minutes ago, OBEY said:

mess at the TOP and BOTTOM thing in the trailer tho :air: 

They KNEW what they were doing omg :rip:

9 minutes ago, roconnell said:

I think you're a little late with this news no?! :) The book is great. Pretty funny. Captures the whole experience pretty well I think!

Yeah i know its been out since a month but i wanted to make a thread about it

Yuuri
17 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Hottie Nick Robinson is playing Simon, 17 yo gay

Shawn coulda played this role.

I haaadd suchhhh a crush on him when Jurassic World came out LOL

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

I just wanna know why every gay coming of age story - aside from, like, two - all have the same type of white boy lead.

The gay experience growing up has so little to do with having a perfectly symmetrical and generically attractive face, give me diversity, give me grit, give me stories about the other 99% of the LGBT community who aren't as conforming / masc acting / so unbearably cis. Tired of settling for stories that are force-fed to us as if we are supposed to appreciate it. Like we are supposed to be happy with receiving scraps at the dinner table, just because it's about a gay. 

I've yet to read too much into this story, so it has the chance of surprising me, I just want to know why on the surface, I'm always seeing the same kinds of stories being told.

❤ x ❤

Mikey Monster
55 minutes ago, Noah said:

I haaadd suchhhh a crush on him when Jurassic World came out LOL

Ikr?!? My cousin was an extra in Jurassic world and he got to meet him and the kid who played his lil brother. He said they were cool

Mikey McCampbell

joanoflark
1 hour ago, that juju said:

I just wanna know why every gay coming of age story - aside from, like, two - all have the same type of white boy lead.

The gay experience growing up has so little to do with having a perfectly symmetrical and generically attractive face, give me diversity, give me grit, give me stories about the other 99% of the LGBT community who aren't as conforming / masc acting / so unbearably cis. Tired of settling for stories that are force-fed to us as if we are supposed to appreciate it. Like we are supposed to be happy with receiving scraps at the dinner table, just because it's about a gay. 

I've yet to read too much into this story, so it has the chance of surprising me, I just want to know why on the surface, I'm always seeing the same kinds of stories being told.

THIS! I also want to see gay actors playing gay roles, not straight actors who think they're making brave decisions by choosing to play gay characters. Like I'm serious about my craft, and I want to pick challenging roles, so I'm going to play a gay character. Just because it's about a gay boy doesn't necessarily mean it's good. And I'm not saying that straight actors shouldn't play gay characters, I'm saying that most times it's always a straight actor playing one, gay actors are available too you know. 

2 hours ago, that juju said:

HausOfMark

Just got back from seeing this movie and it was really good. Great story and it was really good.

-Mark

Contrapoints
On 07/01/2018 at 2:08 AM, that juju said:

This. It's honestly why I'm not even excited to see it even though I'd normally be interested. I feel like I already know whats going to happen because I've already seen more or less the same plot and narrative in like 30 other gay movies.

Every gay coming of age story depicted in a movie (that I have seen so far) has been such a painfully narrow narrative and perspective that it honestly makes me feel ... like shït in comparison. I don't want to cry underrepresentation for a category thats already criminally underrepresented as it is, but yeah.

RAMROD

It is just another tokenism on a movie to me.

I am sure there are way better to put LGBTQ into Hollywood movies the genuine way. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RadioIsOurs

I'm also a 17 yo gay boi, and I would KILL to have his life, his looks and his story... :triggered:

Archived