💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa Apologizes For Using N Word in Cover

Irrelevant

Featured Posts

Irrelevant

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8092701/dua-lipa-apologizes-for-using-racial-slur-2014-cover

Dua Lipa has found herself surrounded by controversy in the beginning of the New Year after a cover song she recorded a few years ago has resurfaced on YouTube, complete with the "New Rules" singer using the n-word. 

Lipa covered the song “Smoke, Drink, Break Up” by fellow singer Mila J back in 2014 and she can be heard muttering the racial slur on the track through distorted audio, singing "So I roll me swisha, pour me some liquor before we start to bicker and calling each other out our names like plenty bitches and n-----."

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

Apology accepted. Friendly reminder that the whole point of being woke was the realize your mistakes and learn from them… not get cancelled. 

Obviez not my place to forgive her as a white person but I don’t think she deserves a lot of backlash, glad she apologized and changed and accepted it was a mistake. 

StarstruckIllusion

Anything offensive done before 2015 (when it's was popular to be woke) should never be something to sweat over. I think  it's obvious that it's popular to not say offensive things and to respect each other now. But wait, White supremacists exist in droves and people really found the time, room and priority to come for Dua? An obvious liberal? I can smell the boredom through my screen. 

Borislshere

A prime example of a person owning up to their mistakes and moving forward. When will ggd :triggered:

bloody g

I actually think she meant no harm since she didn't use the whole world at first... But I hope that the black community can forgive her

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

PunkTheFunk

It was wrong, but she was 19. If you've never done or said something stupid when you were 19, throw the first stone :triggered:

StarstruckIllusion
4 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

I actually think she meant no harm since she didn't use the whole world at first... But I hope that the black community can forgive her

They wont :triggered:

RAMROD

LEL have anyone who exposed and apologizes for these kind of thing, especially this early of their career, actually manage to keep their career flourishing? Nope, they don’t. Her career is likely down the gutter with this. 

Also if you are white person, you have no place to say that everybody makes mistakes and this need to forgiven that easily, you are not the one that getting offended :toofunny:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Borisapillar
9 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

LEL have anyone who exposed and apologizes for these kind of thing, especially this early of their career, actually manage to keep their career flourishing? Nope, they don’t. Her career is likely down the gutter with this. 

Also if you are white person, you have no place to say that everybody makes mistakes and this need to forgiven that easily, you are not the one that getting offended :toofunny:

Oh, calm down.

Versace
7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Just as it is bad to use racial slurs it is also bad to hold grudges and not forgive a person (albeit different levels of "bad") for attempting a certain mistake for the first time, no matter how offended you got. After all the point of not using racial slurs is to act humane and the act of not forgiving when you can (while can may be subjective in different situations) is far from humane. The girl's intentions are not ill after all. 

Archived