💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

EW:Filthy "is a mess and one of his worst"

Quark

Featured Posts

Slayer

I don't like the song personally, but you've got to hand it to him for trying a different sound to everything else that's on the radio right now. 

It does seem a bit odd that he'd release something like this after his rootsy Americana promo video for his album. Then again, I think we were all a bit shocked when Gaga released a country-fied album after releasing Perfect Illusion. :selena:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

It may be extreme but its an honest observation which I don't think many people will have the balls to say. And just because I am saying it, does not mean I know nothing of the Janet Jackson incident and the ways in which his white male privilege made him exempt from the controversy. I just think its a shallow truth that in this current socio-political climate, your typical blockbuster white pop artist gets more flack for their output than in past years. Which I think is part of the reason why you have people like Miley Cyrus or Katy Perry literally floundering. And personally I think such attitudes have even affected Gagas reception. No one wants to see some white lady dominating music again the way she did with The Fame+Monster. Now of course, in saying this im not omitting the quality of the output either. Its a really large discussion that might pull away from the thread.

It's also not really an issue. There are plenty of white artists doing great. Just because your fav or my fav isn't #1 doesn't mean we have to blame race.

Miley and Katy flopped, in some ways, due to the music not being that great and the changing of what genre is trending. The same is happening with Justin. His new style is very indie and non-mainstream. It's a very different direction compared to his Troll song.

Gaga's reception is doing fine though. It's only her "country" style that may have left her a little more under the radar. And you also have to count in the fact that her streaming is poor do to her not really having a good hit in a while. 

Inferno
8 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's also not really an issue. There are plenty of white artists doing great. Just because your fav or my fav isn't #1 doesn't mean we have to blame race.

Miley and Katy flopped, in some ways, due to the music not being that great and the changing of what genre is trending. The same is happening with Justin. His new style is very indie and non-mainstream. It's a very different direction compared to his Troll song.

Gaga's reception is doing fine though. It's only her "country" style that may have left her a little more under the radar. And you also have to count in the fact that her streaming is poor do to her not really having a good hit in a while. 

It is simply your opinion that you don't agree with me. You're entitled to that. But you cannot say to me concretely that my theorizing is void. Plenty of white artists are doing fine, I wasn't saying that they weren't. And none of the artists (sans Gaga) that I mentioned are remotely "my fav". You're just triggered by my mentioning of race and are going off on me about it because it must annoy you.

I also, if you even read what I wrote, acknowledged that output also has to do with reception. Which is also why I said we can't really have a legitimate discussion on this unless you p/m me because its extensive. In order to understand my point of view (even if you dont agree with it) it'd take a minute to go in depth. Because quite honestly I assume you might be mistaking me for a white apologist.

Archived