Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do artists break up the North American legs of their tours?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Many artists seem to like doing this. Lady Gaga wanted to do with her Joanne World Tour, Taylor's doing for her a Reputation tour, Katy is doing it on her Witness tour, Madonna did it on her Rebel Heart Tour, etc. 

What is the point of touring part of America, going to Europe or somewhere else and then doing the second half of America? Why not just tour all of North America and then move on?

Irrelevant

I guess it's hard to perfectly book all the dates 2 days from one another.

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Irrelevant
1 minute ago, Irrelevant said:

I guess it's hard to perfectly book all the dates 2 days from one another.

Btw that's exactly what Taylor did for the Reputation dates. Originally she only had NA dates, but there was a huge gap between June 2 and June 30, so they added the UK dates in there.

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Florian

That's purely commercial imo. People are more willing to buy 2 tickets with a few months gap than 2 tickets with few days gap :shrug: 

Evan Peters

idk but im sick of my state always bein included in the second leg when we are literally right next to cali and las vegas :nails: 

emma roberts is an abuser

Irrelevant
2 minutes ago, Florian said:

That's purely commercial imo. People are more willing to buy 2 tickets with a few months gap than 2 tickets with few days gap :shrug: 

But cities aren't spread through different legs, mostly the same cities are in the same leg

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

androiduser

by making a break, they create demand, and in the meantime cover another market like Europe.

Then when they come back to the US, they can even book the same city again for a few shows.

Florian
5 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

But cities aren't spread through different legs, mostly the same cities are in the same leg

People can travel to other states if they liked the concert the first time. That's not an issue. 

KleinGa
14 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

idk but im sick of my state always bein included in the second leg when we are literally right next to cali and las vegas :nails: 

at least your state gets visits.

Try living in vermont :triggered:

RAMROD

1.) Business. Creating demands. Or in some other cases, they do second leg because there are way too many demands so they want to return, especially if the tour are having major changes from how it is originally (example Monster Ball 1 and 2) 

And 2.) Some venues may not available at desired dates since already booked for some other event, and since some venues are also mainly sporting arenas, the house team have their own schedule for hosting matches and not available to be booked, so artists need to break apart the certain legs into two. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheWitness
41 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

At least they visit your country :triggered: 

Host Of Lyricasism

RadioIsOurs
44 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Oh **** I almost forgot that state even exists :laughga:

RAMROD
45 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Drive up, fam. Road trip  :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PartySick
1 hour ago, KleinGa said:

Meanwhile I sit in my state that always gets at least two stops and a few stops in immediately near by states :selena: I'm spoiled tbh. Next time she tours I'm going to more than one show :firega:

...I might try to make it to more than one Vegas show too 'cause that's a road trip across the country :poot:

🖤

DontDoubtDavid

When they come back don’t they bring in new changes to their tours though? I ain’t complaining, lol.

Archived