💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

taylor just got dragged by forbes to the pits of hell

Neydelina

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

I personally don't care about the sales, but the rest seems to be scalding hot tea, coming from someone that does decently enjoy Reputation :gum: 

Its just not as good of an album as 1989, and that's what bothers me the most :shrug: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ComeToMama
11 minutes ago, Werk said:

And the 1989 era will also be bigger than the rePUTAtion era commercial success wise :poot: 

Yes but, yeah whatever, they just write it with the tone that reputation is flopping in general. 

derpmonster
3 hours ago, Arcanum said:

No. Gaga made The Fame without being famous. That made her innovative. If she released an album like The Fame now it would be dragged down to the pits of burning hell because it would be considered self absorbed.

Oh no, I agree with you. It was early morning and I may have not been as coherent. The Fame was about her internal sense of fame for which you don't need to be outwardly famous. The Fame Monster, however, was not. She had become pretty famous by then and the album was still wonderfully executed. Born This Way was a different monster :) and with ARTPOP, she talked a little bit about fame again and it was dragged for being self-absorbed.

See, the thing with The Fame is that all the singles (except the promo BDR) are really love songs other than Just Dance which is a fun song everyone likes. She may be metaphorically talking about fame but it never comes across as that. Only album tracks directly address that and one is ready to believe that she is being ironic because she wasn't dirty rich at the time of the album. People weren't starstruck seeing her before they knew who she was. It was all about feeling the internal fame and satirizing the materialistic life. Just like you said, after being famous, it would be dragged to hell -- contrast with the reception of Donatella.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

JusKeepBreathin

Poor Taylor she only sold 1.6 million copies in almost two months instead of 3.6 million. 

giphy.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Haroon locked this topic
Haroon

Locking this for flamebait because of the way it's been made and phrased and everything altogether :huh: Let's not create spaces for others to be bashed and insulted please. If it's mature and civil discussion then it's fair play really, negative opinions are perfectly allowed in those cases and constructive criticism is too - rudeness and shadiness and all that other stuff isn't though :omg:

Archived