Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Cultural appropriation in Finesse video?

austincola

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hoeslay

He didn't appropriate. But as someone who is Puerto Rican...his dad looks Spanish. Straight up.  So idk if he can claim being afro latinx. He kinda looks like my grandpa who is puerto rican and of spanish descent so I can't say I'm right and judgement by appearance isn't super smart but it's an interesting observation considering he's never openly claimed an afro latinx identity (which again doesn't mean he isn't)

seriously, people can't even walk to the supermarket to buy milk these days without being accused of cultural appropriation.

'cultural appropriation' has lost all meaning because of sjws.

i'm learning an asian language a school and someone once called me racist because i enjoy learning it. everyone is so lost smh.

NCgaga

It doesn’t matter. Cultural Appropriation has been blown so out of proportion that now, anything is cultural appropriation. Every culture appropriates other cultures. They borrow from each other. Cardi B and Bruno aren’t culturally appropriating the YEar 1993 lol. In living color was a multi cultural show anyway. Like wtf?

15 hours ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Like, even in his journals he would describe the rapes he and his men would do.

"While I was in the boat, I captured a very beautiful Carib woman, whom the said Lord Admiral gave to me. When I had taken her to my cabin she was naked—as was their custom. I was filled with a desire to take my pleasure with her and attempted to satisfy my desire. She was unwilling, and so treated me with her nails that I wished I had never begun. But—to cut a long story short—I then took a piece of rope and whipped her soundly, and she let forth such incredible screams that you would not have believed your ears. Eventually we came to such terms, I assure you, that you would have thought that she had been brought up in a school for whores."

:saladga:

22 hours ago, kyanewest said:

"While I was in the boat, I captured a very beautiful Carib woman, whom the said Lord Admiral gave to me. When I had taken her to my cabin she was naked—as was their custom. I was filled with a desire to take my pleasure with her and attempted to satisfy my desire. She was unwilling, and so treated me with her nails that I wished I had never begun. But—to cut a long story short—I then took a piece of rope and whipped her soundly, and she let forth such incredible screams that you would not have believed your ears. Eventually we came to such terms, I assure you, that you would have thought that she had been brought up in a school for whores."

The most horrifying part? We still feel these effects to this day. Intra-cultural racism and colorism prevails, and the intense polarization of mainstream politics has blinded so many people from actually tackling this.

People are too uneducated and jump around claiming things are racist when they actually aren't, and people are too racist and have no reading comprehension skills and use that previous point as an excuse to excuse their casual racism.

3 points in and ready for more

22 hours ago, kyanewest said:

Actual disgusting filth. 

holy scheisse
On 1/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, sipthistea said:

1152123.gif

First of all, Bruno is a black artist so he's not appropriating anything (Or at least he's been singing what we would consider "black" music (R&B/funk music) for a long time. And has been very respectful about it, so it's not cultural appropriation)

Second of all, these SJW from twitter have to go :grr:

Haha stupid af he is NOT black. Convinced you though I guess.  

Or perhaps you just don't care enough to know much about racial relations considering you used a gif from a video where Katy appropriates blackness and projects black stereotypes the whole time lololol 

holy scheisse
On 1/4/2018 at 8:05 PM, Decodekid said:

sis he got a lil black :triggered:

the ethnic background of parts of latin america have some african percentage, some more than others but its there, they were spanish ****ing africans and that's part of that "mix" race that we have 

Wtf. The Spaniards actually we're raping Indigenous Americans. Who were not from Africa at all. Blackness in the Caribbean is from slavery.

Archived