💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Money is TIGHT: Jessie J joins Chinese singing competition as contestant

petty

Featured Posts

Reality
1 minute ago, Wolf Boy said:

Erm.....because her career is dead in the gutter?

Because her 15 minutes is up?

Because no one buys her music?

But why at least be a judge? She's not a "nobody." I don't know who the other contestants are, are they just as popular as she is? If so, then nevermind, but if they're not, this is literally the worst career decision ever. You'll be a laughing stock for people.

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wolf Boy
Just now, M Monstre said:

But why at least be a judge? She's not a "nobody." I don't know who the other contestants are, are they just as popular as she is? If so, then nevermind, but if they're not, this is literally the worst career decision ever. You'll be a laughing stock for people.

Shes a nobody in Asia. Why would she judge?

Reality
6 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Shes a nobody in Asia. Why would she judge?

Why would she be a contestant? I don't know much about this show, is this like American Idol or something? Again, are her fellow competitors just as big over there as she was over here? I'm essentially equating this to American Idol. Imagine Christina Aguilera (I don't know, I used a random person) being a contestant on American Idol? I mean, not even a judge, a contestant. Does that not strike you as weird?

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Why would she be a contestant? I don't know much about this show, is this like American Idol or something? Again, are her fellow competitors just as big over there as she was over here? I'm essentially equating this to American Idol. Imagine Christina Aguilera (I don't know, I used a random person) being a contestant on American Idol? I mean, not even a judge, a contestant. Does that not strike you as weird?

From the look of it, it seems like it is similiar to dancing with the stars format, where some stars who are not that famous anymore compete, except the contestants sing in this one  :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Wolf Boy
17 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Jessie J has never had a career anywhere near the size of Xtina when Xtina was in her peak.

You seem to be under the impression that Jessie is some sort of superstar, shes not, she has been off the radar for years, she barely sells, her reach is tiny as ****. Its really not THAT hard to believe that she is in such desperate need of exposure and a paycheck that she would throw herself into this. 

Shes a lower level popstar whos career has dried up to the point of not existing. Thats why shes doing this, its really not that hard to understand gurl.

Reality
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

From the look of it, it seems like it is similiar to dancing with the stars format, where some stars who ar enot famoous anymore compete, except the contestants sing in this one  :giggle:

Alright, then that makes sense. I was literally thinking that this was like American Idol or something where you got like one contestant who was a waitress, one who had a tragic backstory, one who got gigs in local bars, and then just a famous ass singer in the mix :giveup:

🃏🖤👹

Reality
3 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Jessie J has never had a career anywhere near the size of Xtina when Xtina was in her peak.

You seem to be under the impression that Jessie is some sort of superstar, shes not, she has been off the radar for years, she barely sells, her reach is tiny as ****. Its really not THAT hard to believe that she is in such desperate need of exposure and a paycheck that she would throw herself into this. 

Shes a lower level popstar whos career has dried up to the point of not existing. Thats why shes doing this, its really not that hard to understand gurl.

Well first of all, I just randomly used Xtina as an example, and I clearly stated that. I'm not saying that she's just as big as Xtina, I don't think she is/was. However, I don't think she that she's as "gone" as you say she is. Every time I look at reaction videos or something, people know who she is, it's not like she's completely fallen off of the face of the Earth. 

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD
Just now, M Monstre said:

Alright, then that makes sense. I was literally thinking that this was like American Idol or something where you got like one contestant who was a waitress, one who had a tragic backstory, one who got gigs in local bars, and then just a famous ass singer in the mix :giveup:

Actually that reminds me with X--Factor USA Season 2 when Britney was there, there was a guy who were collabed with her for her debut album, and he had released his own solo album too after that but he fell into irrelevancy cos male solo artist weren't that thriving back in the day and he went to this audition to have record deal again

Also, Billy Gilman on The Voice. Gurrrl, he had record so many country albums before, when he was younger and cute. 

Nigiricombo
20 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Its nothing like American Idol. There is also no judge panel. Past competitors, like Hacken Lee, Han Hong, Jane Zhang, GEM, have been in the industry for a long time and are VERY well respected. Despite being deemed a competition, it is a show that is more to showcase the talent of artists than a competition. What is being misinterpreted here is that Jessie J is joining a competition like the Voice. I Am A Singer is not the same as the Voice.

RAMROD
Just now, Nigiricombo said:

Its nothing like American Idol. There is also no judge panel. Past competitors, like Hacken Lee, Han Hong, Jane Zhang, GEM, have been in the industry for a long time and are VERY well respected. Despite being deemed a competition, it is a show that is more to showcase the talent of artists than a competition. What is being misinterpreted here is that Jessie J is joining a competition like the Voice. I Am A Singer is not the same as the Voice.

Hmmmm, yous a JJ stan? #SuspiciousNewb :oprah:

Nigiricombo
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Hmmmm, yous a JJ stan? #SuspiciousNewb :oprah:

I check Gagadaily frequently but never bothered to make an account and participate in discussion. But for this, it's just that I, as well as my parents, grew up listening to these "competitors" and it felt as though Jessie J is interpreted as entering a cheap competition, when in reality, this show consists of highly praised individuals. Chinese artists would not experience the same type of backlash if they entered the US territory but why is it like this when the roles are reversed?

RAMROD
Just now, Nigiricombo said:

I check Gagadaily frequently but never bothered to make an account and participate in discussion. But for this, it's just that I, as well as my parents, grew up listening to these "competitors" and it felt as though Jessie J is interpreted as entering a cheap competition, when in reality, this show consists of highly praised individuals. Chinese artists would not experience the same type of backlash if they entered the US territory but why is it like this when the roles are reversed?

Probably because it is quite rare for that to happen so people not sure what to expect when that happen :shrug:

VOLANTIS

Inb4 Jessie J has been Angela Chang this whole time..

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Wolf Boy
46 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well first of all, I just randomly used Xtina as an example, and I clearly stated that. I'm not saying that she's just as big as Xtina, I don't think she is/was. However, I don't think she that she's as "gone" as you say she is. Every time I look at reaction videos or something, people know who she is, it's not like she's completely fallen off of the face of the Earth. 

Reaction videos arent exactly a good measure of scale though are they?

Look at Jessies sales and listener impact. Its gone.

Guest bostonGUY
5 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Why should we care when she thrown LGBTQ community under the bus when she feels we are not useful anymore for profits?

She did what now

Archived