Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (out February 2) - Single Friday

ARTPOPART

Featured Posts

Wolf Boy
On 03/01/2018 at 4:27 PM, Aquaria said:

@ Y'all defending this dude when he killed Janet's career and he soared to huge heights like nothing happened and he gets to perform at the same event that killed her career and they welcome him back with open arms. And yes I'm still strung out on that sh*t. His career should have taken a hit as well,not just her's. No I'm not buying the whole "NFL never banned her" sh*t either because why would they have blacklisted her music and videos in the process of all of this? F*ck Justin and the NFL.

Dew3w.gif

Her career was done regardless thanks to a string of mediocre flop albums at that time.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
On 2/1/2018 at 3:22 PM, Notthebling said:

Ok serious calm down. Gaga did not invent personal records, nor did she invent country/folk/american themed records. I think Joanne had somehow of a little impact, but she did not start a TREND with it. 

I mean come on, if Swifties were saying Gaga released Joanne because Speak Now or whatever TS album started a trend, you would laugh so hard at them. Let’s not see things this way. 

Country/folk music always existed. It will always exist. Joanne was NOT influenced by any TS album, nor by Music by Madonna. It’s a piece of work on its own, and JT’s MOTW is the same.

Let’s not start a feud where there is nothing to argue on.

edit

oh and get ready, because yes, JT will slay the SB even harder than our queen did. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS UNIVERSE HAS A CRUSH ON JT. EVEN THE STRAIGHTIES WOULD F**k HIM HARD. So yes, it’s a success in the making, but he made good career decision, has an A+ promo team and consistantly remained in the public eye, for the good reasons, without ever flopping. I am proud of him, and if he ends up charting higher than gaga or getting more praised for his SB, i’ll be more than happy for him, because he deserves it. It’s not a competition between him and Gaga. Thks.

While many on Twitter have joked that the aesthetic is reminiscent of Bon Iver (whom Timberlake once parodied on Saturday Night Live), it also evokes the performers from the past two Super Bowls. In returning to his “roots,” the seemingly countryfied Timberlake recalls the feel of Gaga’s Joanne era (which, aesthetically, was most notable for the pink cowboy hat she wore on the album’s cover and in many of the promotional stops). Other pop stars—Miley Cyrus and Kesha among them—have recently pivoted from a more pop-focused sound to something rootsier. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/01/justin-timberlake-man-of-the-woods-pivot-super-bowl

Justin Timberlake is back in the music game, and seems to be changing things up quite a bit since his last release. Rather than another R&B inspired album, it appears as though Man of the Woods has more of a country feel, if the above video is to be believed.

Justin Timberlake's decision to go more country with a new album feels very similar to Lady Gaga's move with her last album, Joanne. Rather than going back to her pop roots, Gaga's latest album was far more folk and country inspired, and largely dedicated to her family. Similarly, Timberlake mentions his wife Jessica Biel and their son in his announcement video. 

https://www.cinemablend.com/pop/1753519/justin-timberlake-announces-new-album-after-four-years-with-a-cryptic-video

“The album comes out February 2, but a single from the album will premiere this Friday, January 5. 

Is JT going through his own Joanne country phase like Lady Gaga? What do you think of him trading his “Rock Your Body” moves for mountains and streams?”

http://www.newnownext.com/justin-timberlake-new-album/01/2018/

“But the imagery of horses and woods accompanying ideas of the Wild West and a narrative about family reminds us of another artist’s recent inward turn towards country: Lady Gaga.

Lady Gaga’s album Joanne was a departure from her previous more pop-influenced work. Gaga did not want to restrict the music on Joanne to any particular genre, as the album veers from dance-rock to introspective country music. But Gaga professed a fascination with country music and all aspects of it which in turn influenced the music of the album. In terms of production and composition, Joanne continued the “stripped-down” approach to music Gaga had undertaken following ARTPOP, giving emphasis on her vocals and songwriting skills.”

https://hornetapp.com/stories/man-of-the-woods/ 

The way you were WRONG 

nyuiGLU.gif

Anderson123

Maaan I just realized his album will drop the weekend he performs at the Super Bowl. His album is going to sell like crazy and I think it's going to be worth the wait. The people involved in the project + the whole country aspect of it is getting my attention. I'm so excited for it! I'm glad it's coming in 1 month, which is not that long.

misunderstood

I literally want to go to the superbowl just to see him live, since I am in Minnesota

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

FameHookah
On 2/1/2018 at 10:23 AM, moonsago said:

What the actual ****, everybody is having their Joanne nowadays? Everybody is having their I am my wife’s husband, mother’s daughter etc moment nowadays? Their wild west theme nowadays? Their most personal and revealing album nowadays? 

It wouldn’t be so annoying if people would still recognize that Gaga is still IT, she still is the trendsetter of this dumb industry, the only one to follow. Ugh watch this be even more acclaimed then Joanne. But her Superbowl, he can’t touch that, he’s not capable of the slayage Gaga served. 

yeah even Niall from 1D is having ha joanne era haha its really sad that everybody gets praised after doing what gaga did before but no one noticed...

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah
16 hours ago, Runway said:

While many on Twitter have joked that the aesthetic is reminiscent of Bon Iver (whom Timberlake once parodied on Saturday Night Live), it also evokes the performers from the past two Super Bowls. In returning to his “roots,” the seemingly countryfied Timberlake recalls the feel of Gaga’s Joanne era (which, aesthetically, was most notable for the pink cowboy hat she wore on the album’s cover and in many of the promotional stops). Other pop stars—Miley Cyrus and Kesha among them—have recently pivoted from a more pop-focused sound to something rootsier. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/01/justin-timberlake-man-of-the-woods-pivot-super-bowl

Justin Timberlake is back in the music game, and seems to be changing things up quite a bit since his last release. Rather than another R&B inspired album, it appears as though Man of the Woods has more of a country feel, if the above video is to be believed.

Justin Timberlake's decision to go more country with a new album feels very similar to Lady Gaga's move with her last album, Joanne. Rather than going back to her pop roots, Gaga's latest album was far more folk and country inspired, and largely dedicated to her family. Similarly, Timberlake mentions his wife Jessica Biel and their son in his announcement video. 

https://www.cinemablend.com/pop/1753519/justin-timberlake-announces-new-album-after-four-years-with-a-cryptic-video

“The album comes out February 2, but a single from the album will premiere this Friday, January 5. 

Is JT going through his own Joanne country phase like Lady Gaga? What do you think of him trading his “Rock Your Body” moves for mountains and streams?”

http://www.newnownext.com/justin-timberlake-new-album/01/2018/

“But the imagery of horses and woods accompanying ideas of the Wild West and a narrative about family reminds us of another artist’s recent inward turn towards country: Lady Gaga.

Lady Gaga’s album Joanne was a departure from her previous more pop-influenced work. Gaga did not want to restrict the music on Joanne to any particular genre, as the album veers from dance-rock to introspective country music. But Gaga professed a fascination with country music and all aspects of it which in turn influenced the music of the album. In terms of production and composition, Joanne continued the “stripped-down” approach to music Gaga had undertaken following ARTPOP, giving emphasis on her vocals and songwriting skills.”

https://hornetapp.com/stories/man-of-the-woods/ 

The way you were WRONG 

nyuiGLU.gif

The receipts, the clocking THE TEA .. im quacking 

WTF is MDNA

JustinTrudeau

Looking forward to hearing his album when it get released.

JT.gif

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

FrankGutz
On 2/1/2018 at 3:22 PM, Notthebling said:

Ok serious calm down. Gaga did not invent personal records, nor did she invent country/folk/american themed records. I think Joanne had somehow of a little impact, but she did not start a TREND with it. 

I mean come on, if Swifties were saying Gaga released Joanne because Speak Now or whatever TS album started a trend, you would laugh so hard at them. Let’s not see things this way. 

Country/folk music always existed. It will always exist. Joanne was NOT influenced by any TS album, nor by Music by Madonna. It’s a piece of work on its own, and JT’s MOTW is the same.

Let’s not start a feud where there is nothing to argue on.

edit

oh and get ready, because yes, JT will slay the SB even harder than our queen did. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS UNIVERSE HAS A CRUSH ON JT. EVEN THE STRAIGHTIES WOULD F**k HIM HARD. So yes, it’s a success in the making, but he made good career decision, has an A+ promo team and consistantly remained in the public eye, for the good reasons, without ever flopping. I am proud of him, and if he ends up charting higher than gaga or getting more praised for his SB, i’ll be more than happy for him, because he deserves it. It’s not a competition between him and Gaga. Thks.

whoa!! so much bitterness in one post, wig!! someone's triggered

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz

btw, wig!! the fact that Mandy Moore had her Joanne era in 2006 with WILD HOPE, trully a kween ahead of her time :applause:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived