💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Complex: Worst People Of 2017

sipthistea

Featured Posts

DelusionalGaga
49 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

Explain :oprah: (i'm not disagreeing is just that i wanna know what exactly happened :selena:) 

It's mostly explained in the article. She was using hip hop music during her Bangerz era and had no problem with being "ratchet" and "hood". This year however she completely abandoned it and returned to country. She told Billboard that hip hop is all about money and b*tches and that she's not that type of person. I guess her change felt really insincere and people accused her of exploiting this culture for her benefit. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matangi
11 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

Explain :oprah: (i'm not disagreeing is just that i wanna know what exactly happened :selena:) 

basically, for bangerz Miley based her music and image on hip-hop sounds and while performing explicit and sexual ****, which wouldn't be bad in itself, however, when promoting her recent album she basically claimed that hip-hop is overly sexual and inappropriate and all this other ****

Decodekid
19 minutes ago, Matangi said:

basically, for bangerz Miley based her music and image on hip-hop sounds and while performing explicit and sexual ****, which wouldn't be bad in itself, however, when promoting her recent album she basically claimed that hip-hop is overly sexual and inappropriate and all this other ****

noooo one stays the same :poot:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Smother Em Eh

:ladyhaha: 

Pssschhh Ok???

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Thomas P
42 minutes ago, heda97 said:

Ok but that’s still not enough to be put next to these other people on this list. At most she’s a sheltered rich girl, it’s not a crime. 

I do agree she shouldn’t be put with them. She annoys me but ya it wasn’t unwarranted. Same goes for Miley. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
45 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

It seems like she used hip hop culture to make herself famous, and when that stopped benefiting her, she pretty much **** all over it, and started doing the exact same stuff she was doing way back when. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

MichealScott

This is actually rlly funny :cryga:

although Miley doesn’t really deserve to be on the list just because she didn’t want to make “hip hop” music anymore

they dragged lea so hard  :ladyhaha:

rumours
1 hour ago, Runway said:

The decay of the 2013 it girls :ladyhaha:

giphy.gif

Katy was spared, though. 

2 hours ago, Decodekid said:

Queen of Pepsi and putting ha face in other's people's legacy :poot:

I cackled :ladyhaha:

StrawberryBlond

Only those who have actually done bad deeds should actually be on this list. Popstars, while not always making the best music, are pretty much exempt from actual wrongdoings. Not liking someone's music doesn't make the creator a bad person. It's all very well if you're just making a list of the worst singers of 2017 but the worst people, which includes everyone, including powerful people who control corporations and countries and have the power to really cause damage in the world, shouldn't have to involve a popstar who just had a badly thought out era. To put Miley in among sexual abusers, KKK racists and warmongering politicians is just so eye-rollingingly predictable for modern journalism. An absolute disgrace.

20 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

It's mostly explained in the article. She was using hip hop music during her Bangerz era and had no problem with being "ratchet" and "hood". This year however she completely abandoned it and returned to country. She told Billboard that hip hop is all about money and b*tches and that she's not that type of person. I guess her change felt really insincere and people accused her of exploiting this culture for her benefit. 

20 hours ago, Matangi said:

19 hours ago, Thomas P said:

It seems like she used hip hop culture to make herself famous, and when that stopped benefiting her, she pretty much **** all over it, and started doing the exact same stuff she was doing way back when. 

She didn't say hip hop was all about those things and nothing else. It was obvious that she was just referring to a part of the culture, not all of it. And she did later say that her quotes were taken out of context. No doubt the magazine was looking for something to sensationalise. Somehow, I don't think a black person would be up for the same criticism if they changed genre. Miley is entitled to make whatever kind of music she wants. She's growing up and likely thought her behaviour during Bangerz was really childish and cringeworthy and realised that she was going to lose Liam again if she didn't start acting like a mature adult. Just because she decided to embark on hip hop (her album was hardly that anyway) when she went through her wild phase doesn't mean she was using the culture for success. Artists are allowed to change their minds and genres. Besides, the music never stopped "benefitting her," it was her most successful era to date, so it would have made no sense to drop it. And more to the point, hip hop is back with a vengeance right now and is among the bestsellers of the year. If this was all about commercial decisions, she would have stuck with Bangerz-era stuff, not gone back to backwoods country which doesn't sell like it used to.

Neydelina
On 1/1/2018 at 10:59 PM, Thomas P said:

Did you see the pesi commercial? Her shirt brand.

i dont understand the whole controversy

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Where are the paul brothers, cause they deserve to be there after what they did last year 

EDIT: and why is Miley on there, she’s sweetest person 

Mychal

Chuckles

WTF, I am a huge Miley fan and I totally understand her being hypocrtical as some might call it regarding her Bangerz era BUT is she seriously being paired with sexual abusers and Donald Trump? Complex magazine can gtfo.

retroglamx

Has anyone at Complex heard about Lady Gaga and "Promote Online Kindness"? Honestly, I'm all up for exposing people who deserve it but Lena, Kylie and Miley... Come on, whoever wrote their paragraphs sounds so bitter and stan-like. It's so pathetic.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Archived