Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Complex: Worst People Of 2017

sipthistea

Featured Posts

Inferno
On 1/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Decodekid said:

what did Miley do tho :triggered:

Miley pissed off the urban music industry by calling out sexism within it and saying she got tired of it while working within its confines. Basically, people called her out for using black music and aesthetics for profit and dropping it when she'd "grown out of it". Cultural appropriation/exploitation.

I can see peoples.....thought process behind being annoyed with her attitude in that interview. At the same time she was not condemning rap music or like....even necessarily condemning the industry as a whole. People just had no interest in a little white girl calling out the urban industry while simultaneously abandoning her hip hop vibe and going for a more country republican aesthetic. I think Miley is an authentic person and I don't think shes deserving of the blacklist shes received because of this, at the same time I sort of get what people have a problem with. I just dont think it was worth like trashing her whole era. Honestly thats why Younger Now flopped as hard as it did. People in high places were giving her a slap on the wrist. No radio play for subsequent singles, no prime advertising spots in streaming or itunes, etc. It was not a coincidence. On top of the fact that "woke" consumers no longer wanted to support her. It was the perfect storm for her to flop honestly.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived