💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Kylie Minogue or Madonna? Who made more impacT in your life?

FrankGutz

More impact in your life  

162 members have voted

1. 1. So who made more impact in your life and you found to have more memories with her music

Featured Posts

On 01/01/2018 at 11:27 PM, UK Monster said:

Kylie is probably bigger than Madonna here, she had so much impact in the 00s. The X era was huge! I like both Madonnas voice more but Kylie serves better looks and moves.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Kylie may have sold 2 million copies of her 1987 debut album over here, but overall has never been consistantly successful and popular as Madonna has in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter.

Madonna has:
12 #1 albums.
63 UK Top 10s.
13 #1 singles.

Kylie has:
5 UK # albums.
34 UK Top 10s.
7 UK Number 1 singles.

At best, she (Kylie) was a fad whose popularity was largely due to her "Neighbours" association - as it was the biggest show in the UK where she and Jason were enjoying it's success and getting maximum exposure from it's twice daily prime time T.V slots.

In 1988, when interest was dwindling, Jason Donovan still managed to sell 1.6 million copies of his first album "Ten Good Reasons" and gives you an idea of how "Neighbours" played a big part in the success of their music. 

If you look at the trajectory for each Kylie album between 1987-2000, you'll find that sales plummeted massively and she wasn't nearly big in the 90's at all. In fact, none of the tracks she released between 1990 and 2000 went to #1. Out of the 18 tracks released there were only 3 that managed to crack the top 5. Her career was on life support until "Spinning Around" (2000) which was her first #1 single since "Tears On My Pillow" (1989).

What Do I Have To Do #6,  Shocked #6,  Word Is Out #16,  Finer Feelings #11,  What Kind Of Fool #14,  Celebration #20,  Put Yourself In My Place #11,  Where Is The Feeling #16,  Where The Wild Roses Grow #11,  Some Kind Of Bliss #22,  Did It Again #14,  Breath - #14,  Cowboy Style (Failed to chart).

After scoring a 2 million selling debut album in 1987, her sales plummeted by 1 million for her second album, "Enjoy Yourself".

Sales plummeted again by 1 million when she released her third album, "Rhythm of Love" (1990). It peaked at number 9 with only 100,000 copies sold.

Her fourth album, "Let's Get To It" (1991) peaked at number 15, but there's very little information on how much (or little) it sold.

None of her studio album's from 1990-2000 reached #1. It took 12 years for her to score another #1 album with "Fever"(2001) but it's success was largely due to the Cathy Dennis penned hit "Can't Get You Out Of My Head".  The following album, "Body Language" failed to crack the top 5. and "X" charted at #4, so it wasn't until "Aphrodite" (2010) came along that she finally got another #1 (9 years after Fever).

Madonna's biggest selling UK studio album's are:

Like A Virgin -  UK - 1.700,000  (Worldwide - 21 Million)

True Blue - UK 1,998,000  (Worldwide - 24 Million)

Like A Prayer - UK 1,200,000 (Worldwide - 14 Million)

Ray Of Light - UK 1,800,000 (Worldwide - 16 Million)

Music -  UK -1.594.045 - (Worldwide - 12 Million)

Confessions On A Dancefloor - UK - 1,288,213 - (Worldwide - 10 Million)

Her biggest selling compilation in the UK is "The Immaculate Collection" with sales of 3,665,068 In the UK - (Worldwide - 28 million).

and your opinions on Kylie being a better mover (dancer) than Madonna is laughable considering Kylie does nothing but pout and wave her arms around.  and Madonna has so many iconic looks compared to Kylie. It's insulting to even compare her tackiness to the brilliance of Madonna...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ally123 said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Kylie may have sold 2 million copies of her 1987 debut album over here, but overall has never been consistantly successful and popular as Madonna has in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter.

Madonna has:
12 #1 albums.
63 UK Top 10s.
13 #1 singles.

Kylie has:
5 UK # albums.
34 UK Top 10s.
7 UK Number 1 singles.

At best, she (Kylie) was a fad whose popularity was largely due to her "Neighbours" association - as it was the biggest show in the UK where she and Jason were enjoying it's success and getting maximum exposure from it's twice daily prime time T.V slots. In 1988, after Kylie's debut when interest was dwindling, Jason Donovan still managed to sell 1.6 million copies of his first album "Ten Good Reasons" and gives you an idea of how "Neighbours" played a big part in the success of their music. 

If you look at the trajectory for each Kylie album between 1987-2000, you'll find that sales plummeted massively. She wasn't nearly big in the 90's at all. In fact, none of the tracks she released between 1990 and 2000 went to #1. Out of the 18 tracks released - only 3 managed to crack the top 5. Her career was on life support until "Spinning Around" came along. Her first #1 single since "Tears On My Pillow" in 1989.

What Do I Have To Do #6,  Shocked #6,  Word Is Out #16,  Finer Feelings #11,  What Kind Of Fool #14,  Celebration #20,  Put Yourself In My Place #11,  Where Is The Feeling #16,  Where The Wild Roses Grow #11,  Some Kind Of Bliss #22,  Did It Again #14,  Breath - #14,  Cowboy Style (Failed to chart).

After scoring a 2 million selling debut album, sales plummeted by 1 million for her second album "Enjoy Yourself".

Her third album, "Rhythm of Love" (1990) peaked at number 9 with only 100,000 copies sold.

Her fourth album, "Let's Get To It" (1991) peaked at number 15, but there's very little information on how much (or little) it sold.

None of her studio album's from 1990-2000 reached #1. It took 12 years for her to score another #1 album with "Fever"(2001) but it's success was largely due to the Cathy Dennis penned hit "Can't Get You Out Of My Head".  The following album, "Body Language" failed to crack the top 5. and "X" charted at #4, so it wasn't until "Aphrodite" (2010) came along that she finally got another #1 (9 years after Fever).

Madonna's biggest selling UK studio album's are:

Like A Virgin -  UK - 1.700,000  (Worldwide - 21 Million)

True Blue - UK 1,998,000  (Worldwide - 24 Million)

Like A Prayer - UK 1,200,000 (Worldwide - 14 Million)

Ray Of Light - UK 1,800,000 (Worldwide - 16 Million)

Music -  UK -1.594.045 - (Worldwide - 12 Million)

Confessions On A Dancefloor - UK - 1,288,213 - (Worldwide - 10 Million)

Her biggest selling compilation in the UK is "The Immaculate Collection" with sales of 3,665,068 In the UK - (Worldwide - 28 million).

and your opinions on Kylie being a better mover (dancer) than Madonna is laughable considering Kylie does nothing but pout and wave her arms around.  and Madonna has so many iconic looks compared to Kylie. It's insulting to even compare tacky Kylie to the brilliance of Madonna...

Wow, can you sleep at night knowing there is someone who thinks Kylie is better than Madonna?

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Wow, can you sleep at night knowing there is someone who thinks Kylie is better than Madonna?

"Think" being the operative word. This thread isn't based on facts.

On 05/01/2018 at 1:44 AM, QueenHunty said:

I have respect for Madonna, but honestly, Kylie is the superior performer/live singer. Let's be real. Madonna has a legacy, but so does Kylie, just not as well known in the US. 

Kylie has one of the biggest pop hits of all time. If you don't at least like this one song by her, all of your opinions are invalid.

PMSL. Oh really?

2 minutes ago, Ally123 said:

"Think" being the opperative word. This thread isn't based on facts.

Yeah, it's not.
That's exactly why there's no need to bring an artist down over another, which is what you just did.
How does it make you feel good that a person you have no real connection to (let's be honest, Madonna doesn't know who you are) made 100s of millions of $?

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Yeah, it's not.
That's exactly why there's no need to bring an artist down over another, which is what you just did.
How does it make you feel good that a person you have no real connection to (let's be honest, Madonna doesn't know who you are) made 100s of millions of $?

How am I bringing her down when everything i've said is true? You only have to check google to see the facts.

Madonna doesn't know who I am, and never will. The same can be said for most artists and their fans - Including Gaga.

Just now, Ally123 said:

How am I bringing her down when everything i've said is true? You only have to check google to see the facts.

Madonna doesn't know who I am, and never will. The same can be said for most artists and their fans - Including Gaga.

True, I will never understand how an artist's success can be of such substance in the lives of some people. 

Luke78619

Kylie music is more prominent in my life, I know very few old school Madonna songs tbh, the only one off the top of my head is Holiday :wtfga:

i have a few Kylie songs on my phone too so I went with her

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

On 01/01/2018 at 11:12 PM, ShockPop said:

Tbh if Kylie had tried to crack America early on then she would have eclipsed Madonna because it's the same shtick but Kylie goes bigger every time.

She did try - on multiple occasions, and she flopped. The American's just weren't interested.

ShockPop
4 hours ago, Ally123 said:

She did try - on multiple occasions, and she flopped. The American's just weren't interested.

There was never a solid effort. Quite sad really.

scallywally

Does anybody care? The facts have been pointed out. Gotta love Kylie but in another thread people had never heard of her and thought it was about a Kardashian. Also 'not knowing her?' Who on earth knows you mr poster?? What kind on reply is that? :toofunny:

Go figure.

Queen Gloria
15 hours ago, Ally123 said:

PMSL. Oh really?

Really

Classier, better trained voice, nicer to her fans. Sorry, I love Madonna too, but she's no K. 

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, QueenHunty said:

Really

Classier, better trained voice, nicer to her fans. Sorry, I love Madonna too, but she's no K.

LOL. and thank fk for that. Why would a successful WW talented performer / artist like Madonna want to be reduced to small fry like Kylie?  Some childless spinster who can't dance, can barely sing and never rocks the boat or has anything intelligent to say in her performances - or generally about anything in life.

and those performances are dire.

Kylie's fans just can't accept the fact that Madonna will always be the bigger and most successful artist out of the two.  It must've stung like hell knowing M is the most successful female artist in the word and is up there with greats like MJ, The Beatles and Elvis Presley. I bet their faces turned red from anger the moment they heard M was going to make another album. lol.

Kylie's tours look like something conjoured up by a bunch of 9 year olds or gay men -  cheesy dancing, tacky overly camp outfits and performances that would give a drag queen a headache. and i'm sick of hearing people say "Kylie has a better voice than Madonna" . Erm on what planet?  Certainly not Earth.

Kylie is no better than Lene from Aqua. There's nothing unique or interesting about her voice at all. If she was as good as people say, she'd have cracked America - but she hasn't...and why...because she isn't talented enough and everything she puts out is SH!TE. LOL.

Queen Gloria
2 hours ago, Ally123 said:

LOL. and thank fk for that. Why would a successful WW talented performer / artist like Madonna want to be reduced to small fry like Kylie?  Some childless spinster who can't dance, can barely sing and never rocks the boat or has anything intelligent to say in her performances - or generally about anything in life.

and those performances are dire.

Kylie's fans just can't accept the fact that Madonna will always be the bigger and most successful artist out of the two.  It must've stung like hell knowing M is the most successful female artist in the word and is up there with greats like MJ, The Beatles and Elvis Presley. I bet their faces turned red from anger the moment they heard M was going to make another album. lol.

Kylie's tours look like something conjoured up by a bunch of 9 year olds or gay men -  cheesy dancing, tacky overly camp outfits and performances that would give a drag queen a headache. and i'm sick of hearing people say "Kylie has a better voice than Madonna" . Erm on what planet?  Certainly not Earth.

Kylie is no better than Lene from Aqua. There's nothing unique or interesting about her voice at all. If she was as good as people say, she'd have cracked America - but she hasn't...and why...because she isn't talented enough and everything she puts out is SH!TE. LOL.

What are you, some angry 56 year old gay man in his mom's basement? Get a life, sis, lol. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, QueenHunty said:

What are you, some angry 56 year old gay man in his mom's basement? Get a life, sis, lol. 

giphy.gif

Nope.

What are you, some pathetic limp wristed twink living their life through Kylie and Wendy Williams? Get a life, Sis. lol.

Archived