💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Insidious Franchise

Doot

Featured Posts

insidious-main_0.jpg?itok=dcd5GQrF

Insidious is a series of American horror films from FilmDistrict except for the third one which was released by Gramercy Pictures. There are four films in the franchise, Insidious (2010), Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013), and Insidious: Chapter 3(2015), which have grossed a total of $357.7 million worldwide. The fourth film is scheduled for 2018 release.

THE FILMS:

Insidious_poster.jpg

Insidious is a 2010 American-Canadian supernatural horror film directed by James Wan, written by Leigh Whannell, and starring Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, and Barbara Hershey. It is the first installment in the Insidious franchise, and the third in terms of the series' in-story chronology. The story centers on a couple whose son inexplicably enters a comatose state and becomes a vessel for ghosts in an astral dimension who want to inhabit his body. The film was released in theaters on April 1, 2011, and was FilmDistrict's first theatrical release. 

Insidious_%E2%80%93_Chapter_2_Poster.jpg

Insidious: Chapter 2 is a 2013 American supernatural horror film directed by James Wan. It is a sequel to Insidious the second installment in the Insidious franchise, and the fourth in terms of the series' in-story chronology. The film stars Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne reprising their roles as Josh and Renai Lambert, a husband and wife who seek to uncover the secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world.

Insidious_%E2%80%93_Chapter_3_poster.jpg

Insidious: Chapter 3 is a 2015 American-Canadian supernatural horror film written and directed by Leigh Whannell in his directorial debut. It is a prequel to the first two films and the third installment in the Insidious franchise. The film stars Dermot Mulroney and Stefanie Scott, with Angus Sampson, Whannell and Lin Shaye reprising their roles from the previous films. The film was released on June 5, 2015, and grossed $113 million against a budget of $10–11.2 million.

InsidiousTheLastKey.jpg

Insidious: The Last Key is an upcoming American supernatural horror film directed by Adam Robitel and written by Leigh Whannell. It is the fourth installment in the Insidious franchise, and the second in terms of the series's in-story chronology, following 2015's Insidious: Chapter 3. It stars Lin Shaye, Angus Sampson, Leigh Whannell, Josh Stewart and Caitlin Gerard.

It is scheduled to be released on January 5, 2018, by Universal Pictures.

giphy.gif

pedrohemg

I already told you in other thread that I think the first one is best horror movie ever. My mission here on earth is to propagate this information.

Rudz Xinc
22 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I already told you in other thread that I think the first one is best horror movie ever. My mission here on earth is to propagate this information.

Excuse me no. The first Conjuring exist.

Insidious one was the best, love the twist. The second one was okay.

Look at those clowns

pedrohemg
2 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Well, I don't agree because cliches horror movies don't surprise me. The Conjuring is full of cliches. The first Insidious explores something really different from other movies.

3 hours ago, aaron l said:

3 and 4 didn't/don't have to happen. 2 was bad enough. :triggered:

AARON. ROCKING THOSE LOCKS

4 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

3 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

Excuse yall BOTH no, not when Halloween exists. 

[Bloody Disgusting Review] ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ is the Franchise’s Best Film Since the Original

Screen-Shot-2017-12-18-at-2.25.19-PM.jpg

There’s no evil spirit that demonologist Elise Rainier can’t conquer. Be they dark entities which seek possession, atrophied souls clinging to the realm of the living, or grin-ingrained ghosts drifting aimlessly through The Further, there’s not a single monster who has proven too great of a trial for the famous doctor and her two sidekicks, Tucker and Specs. She’s traveled all over the world, aiding the helpless and protecting the innocent, but now, Elise will come face to face with her biggest challenge yet – her very own childhood home.

That’s where Elise comes in. In 2010 the Lambert family reached out to her in the hopes of curing their son, Dalton, whose once lively persona now seems to carry a shadow over his heart. When doctors fail to provide a reason for Dalton’s worsening sickness, and strange paranormal activity begins to liven the quiet halls of this spooky suburban home, the family begs Elise for help, and she answers the call. Using her gifts as a medium, Elise first makes contact with the spirit world, then enters the realm of The Further, finding and retrieving their lost little boy, but not without paying the price of her own life in the process.

Perhaps the biggest surprise in the fourth installment of the supernatural series,Insidious: The Last Key is how grounded in reality the latest entry actually turns out to be. What started out as an admittedly frightening but altogether playful horror franchise has now morphed into a shockingly insightful commentary on the abuse that so many people have been dealt at the hands of those they hold dear. After all, as Whannell smartly points out with his latest script, the scariest entity many of us have learned to fear in real life isn’t what’s hiding underneath our beds, but rather, the man holding the roof over our heads, and the damage he duels out on a daily basis. Those are the real experiences that haunt us for life. 

Director Adam Robitel, known previously for his chilling found footage film The Taking of Deborah Logan, does a terrific job in driving this point home. While on one hand he recognizes the need for iconography in a globally successful franchise such as this, taking it upon himself to add the ‘Key Face Demon’ to the mix in a script which previously had no supernatural Big Bad, he also understands the importance of establishing the film in a more realistic setting to make it more relatable for viewers. Therefore, there’s less time spent in the foggy realm of the Further, and more time spent establishing characters we care about, increasing their value onscreen and thereby making the audience feel more frightened when their lives become endangered.

However, the real star of this production is longtime horror icon Lin Shaye, and it’s a treat that feels long overdue. Although Shaye was always an undoubtedly important title character in the previous films, this is the first time that the story completely revolves around her, and the film is made better for it. It’s Elise’s childhood home that we’re investigating, it’s her secretive past we unfold, and ultimately, the ghost and traces of Elise’s abusive father that morphs into the impossible obstacle to conquer. Clearly, Shaye was meant to carry this series all along, as The Last Key proves to be the best Insidiousfilm since the original debuted almost a decade ago. It’s a franchise that has become a global phenomenon based on its eerie, otherworldly nature, but in the end, it’s the grounding of the characters in a more realistic setting with the sweet-natured and wholly relatable Lin Shaye in the lead role that truly makes inclusion a segment to remember.

Unfortunately for longtime horror fans like this writer, some of the final moments are somewhat easy to predict. It’s just what happens when you spend years and years gobbling up every scary movie you can get your hands on and deconstructing their methods and villains and plot devices. Eventually, you learn the tricks, and you can spot the twists and turns coming a mile away. The Last Key is definitely worth seeing, especially if you’re keyed on finding out what happens next to the iconic demonologist and her side-splittingly funny wacky crew, but fans of the genre might be slightly disappointed to find themselves guessing the ways in which Elise handles her latest battle with the dark world that hides in the shadows of everyday life. Still, it’s truly exciting to see Shaye be given the role she’s always deserved, and Robitel proves to be a worthy director in a franchise that previously only belonged to Wan and Whannell. These folks know a thing or two about keeping the tension heightened, and backing up that surface paranoia with an underbelly of perceptive observation.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3476790/review-insidious-last-key-franchises-best-film-since-original/

dlioncourt91

I just got back from seeing it this morning. The fourth one is definitely a sequel to 3 and perfectly leads to 1 and 2 so the next film will mostly likely be the sequel to II.

It focuses on Elise's backstory and how she came to know about her psychic abilities, the topic of abuse and some exploration into the Further. It isn't as intense as other films since it focuses more on her character than scares. It does however remain in true Insidious fashion though regarding the entity and the jump scares it's pretty much known for her.

Spoiler

Minor gripe; certain scenes in the trailer were not in the final film. Such as the spirits exiting their cells.

I would say it's a good addition to the series. If I had to rate them, Insidous 3, Insidious, Insidious: The Last Key, Insidious 2.

dlioncourt91

Well the third one, the Man Who Cannot Breathe, one just needed to remove his breathing mask to defeat him. :selena:

Archived