Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RATE: Rumours (Fleetwood Mac)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my second Megarate.

Based on the album that received the highest percentage of votes from a previous thread, the album we will be rating is Rumours by Fleetwood Mac!:excited2:

1200x630bb.jpg

The following is a little background about the Album itself:

Spoiler

"Rumours is the eleventh studio album by British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac. Largely recorded in California during 1976, it was produced by the band with Ken Caillat and Richard Dashut and was released on 4 February 1977 by Warner Bros. Records. The record reached the top of both the United States Billboard chart and the United Kingdom Albums Chart. The songs "Go Your Own Way", "Dreams", "Don't Stop", and "You Make Loving Fun" were released as singles. Rumours is Fleetwood Mac's most successful release; along with winning the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 1978, the album has sold over 40 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. Rumours has received diamond certifications in several countries, including the US, Canada, and Australia."

"As of 2013, sales were over 40 million copies. As of May 2016, Rumours has spent 630 weeks in the UK Top 75 album chart and is the 11th best-selling album in UK history and is certified 11× platinum by the British Phonographic Industry, the equivalent of 3.3 million units shipped. The record has received a Diamond Award from the Recording Industry Association of America for a 20× platinum certification or 20 million units shipped, making it, as of 2012, the sixth best-selling album in US history (by number of units shipped)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumours_(album)

In general, here are the Criteria for participating the Megarate

1) Re-listen to album

2) Rate each track on a scale of 1-10 and your favorite an 11. Feel free to add commentary to explain your ratings if you'd like!

3) 0's are not allowed.

4) Feel free to use decimals in the values of .25, .5, or .75

5) Please don't participate if you didn't listen to the album or if you hate it without reason. Any ratings that demonstrate this will be erased from the calculations.

6) PM me your ratings (send to @Rumours1977).

Due Date for Ratings: CLOSED

Date for Ceremony: January 12, 2018

Here's how you can listen to the album (Spotify):

Spoiler

Tags:

If you know of anyone who would want to participate in this Megarate as well, please tag them in the thread. I would really appreciate it! :)

If you all have any questions, feel free to either ask them in the thread below or PM me. 

Tags (Based on Past Participation/Interest in this Megarate):

Participants:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
1 minute ago, badgirlmeat said:

yas at this album winning!

TN0xsr0.png

It was a close one! Bruce Springsteen, Tracy Chapman, and Dolly Parton were all tied for second in terms of votes.

But yeah, it’s cool that my username inspiration got chosen by y’all! I look forward to receiving your rates!:kara:

badgirlmeat
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

It was a close one! Bruce Springsteen, Tracy Chapman, and Dolly Parton were all tied for second in terms of votes.

But yeah, it’s cool that my username inspiration got chosen by y’all! I look forward to receiving your rates!:kara:

omg i just realized that :air:

🤠

That J

Yessssssss!!!!!!  This is gonna be HARD but crazy fun.  I can't imagine the results ceremony..Lol.   Awesome choice! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

rumours
Just now, That J said:

Yessssssss!!!!!!  This is gonna be HARD but crazy fun.  I can't imagine the results ceremony..Lol.   Awesome choice! 

As we saw from the Blue Megarate, sometimes unexpected results can happen! I’ll be really interested to see the results!!:excited2:

That J
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

As we saw from the Blue Megarate, sometimes unexpected results can happen! I’ll be really interested to see the results!!:excited2:

Ain't that some truth!  Haha. It turned out great tho. :whitney:

That J
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The first megarate I'm actually gonna do 

2a4xp4.jpg

YES!!!!!  This is huge fantastic news. 

rumours
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The first megarate I'm actually gonna do 

2a4xp4.jpg

Cool! I look forward to receiving your rates!:)

rumours
8 minutes ago, That J said:

Ain't that some truth!  Haha. It turned out great tho. :whitney:

I was happy that This Flight Tonight and River snatched the top 2 spots, but A Case of You was paid dust!

Edge of Fame
7 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

I was happy that This Flight Tonight and River snatched the top 2 spots, but A Case of You was paid dust!

Say it louder for the people in the back!! 

PS I’m so pumped for this Megarate. My all time favorite album!! 

rumours
7 minutes ago, Edge of Fame said:

Say it louder for the people in the back!! 

PS I’m so pumped for this Megarate. My all time favorite album!! 

I was so sure A Case Of You was gonna be Top 5. When I calculated the scores, I was honestly shocked. 

Glad you’re excited for this megarate!:)

rumours
47 minutes ago, badgirlmeat said:

omg i just realized that :air:

Lol. Don’t feel bad.

giphy.gif

I’ve had to explain my username to multiple people before. 

Archived