Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A-Yo Should Have Been A Single

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

In one of the making of Joanne videos, Gaga and Mark Ronson are basically talking about how A-Yo is the next Uptown Funk. And I couldn't agree more. The reason I say this is because A-Yo simply sounds like the organic and colorful hit that Uptown Funk was. Both songs have upbeat, catchy,  and retro styles mixed with modern influences. To me, A-Yo sounds like it was crafted to be THE HIT from Joanne. So Why did Gaga not released it as a single? I simply don't understand. This is a song that was performed on TV, and used as the song for the Superbowl commercial, and yet it was never sent to radio. A-Yo would have been very noticeable in today's radio in a good way. The "Here we go" lyrics immediately grab you and Gaga's vocals together with the upbeat electro/country sound keep you interested until the song ends. Just imagine how those awesome guitar solos would have sounded on the radio. 

ArtGagaPop

yep should replaced PI as lead. Love PI but A-yo sounds alot more radio and gp friendly and she can do alot more with the song for promo etc. It was the 2nd single for like half a day but i'm glad MR replaced it though. 

SiliconeMonster

Million Reasons is QUAKING :grr:

Spoiler

I agree 100% AYO is a bop hunny I wish she'd just released it after MR instead of canceling it completely sigh

Find your freedom in the music

GAGASLAYME

ayo should have followed MR

I think John Wayne mv threw everything off

like she could have made a trilogy  with all singles 

I just don't understand

add me@SC:pandas-rule37 IG@dallus_joshua.art

GAGASLAYME
1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

I thought it was planned to be a single then it was switched to Million Reasons? 

people liked MR at the time,more than Ayo, also they didn't know how to find it bc they called it "Mirror on the ceilin":selena:

add me@SC:pandas-rule37 IG@dallus_joshua.art

Earthling

Is it really even a Gaga album launch without messy single choices? :toofunny:

I've always said it, A-YO is a bop and with proper promo could have been a cute hit.

*she switched baristas. ☕️

AphroditeLaydee

a-yo was intended to be the second single though. they were flip-flopping between a-yo and million reasons. million reasons had the bigger boost everytime she performed those two songs (on snl and james corden)

EdgeofTeeth

I am 95% certain that the Joanne era would have started off WAY better if this song had been the lead. I'll never understand what they were thinking.

GaGaAst

why are you guys not satisfied with million reasons??. 

It got so much of promo everywhere and a masterpiece eye catching video. 

Ayowouldhavenevergotit

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

The Fame Monster

At least we have the song! :) This is what I tell myself whenever I feel like a song should have been a single (Dance In the Dark, Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary, Aura, Venus, Gypsy, Sexxx Dreams, A-YO, Dancin' In Circles, Diamond Heart, John Wayne, The Cure). 

Gaga is the Queen of Having the Catchiest Songs Being Un-Singled :hor:

Find your freedom in the music

A-yo would not have done well. ITs melody was not near as catchy, though it’s catchy. I think, to be a “Mark Robson” hit, Gaga would have had to go more down the road of funk or Rnb, like Bruno. Ayo is kind of a rock-abilly with a country twang. Not really what’s popular with the younger crowd. At the time, a Caribbean sound, or influence was pretty big. Dancing in Circles was that. The little talking she does, is also very historically “Gaga”- and would have been enough to carry a decent 1st single. Joanne is not a “singles” album, and that’s ok. Beyonce hasn’t released a “singles” album since Sasha Fierce. Some artist just do better when they present their albums as a full work. Joanne, was the purest full album Gaga has ever released, which is why it was more successful than ARTPOP. I think Diamond HEart would have been a pretty big hit too, as a first single. When she released “The Cure” it did well as a single, because she didn’t present it as a part of an album. IT was completely a song based on the popular sound of the time. and it did well. She could release an album based on the current popular sound, but she may feel like she would lose artistic integrity that way. 

Archived