💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are they not promoting ASIB?

FABian

Featured Posts

Like what. 

It's like a few months until its release. Why haven't they released even the trailer on YouTube ? Other movies get promo a whole year before release. 

Do they want this to flop or something ?

Whyy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingRedd

It’s very strange. It’s as if they know something we don’t or as if they don’t believe in it. Maybe they have a new strategy to not over promote the movie during the holidays and start fresh when January hits. 

May I Read You? 😎

JustinLovesGaga

ASIB is a smaller budget musical film, not a huge blockbuster superhero film. Warner Bros is scrambling to correct their huge DC issue and corruption scandal they have going on right now. 

Expect a trailer for ASIB Januray/February 

Reality

I think that they're going to start promoting it soon. Maybe it's because Gaga's in the middle of a tour and it's not like she can stop to do any interviews and stuff. It's weird that a trailer hasn't released yet, but you also have to remember that this is a fairly small movie.

I don't think WB has a ton of faith in it, but I also think that's because they're not expecting it to be some sort of huge blockbuster film. It's a small film and it's Gaga's first huge acting gig, and it's Bradley's directorial debut. There's a lot of "what if's" with the movie, and I guess that's to be expected. 

🃏🖤👹

5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think that they're going to start promoting it soon. Maybe it's because Gaga's in the middle of a tour and it's not like she can stop to do any interviews and stuff. It's weird that a trailer hasn't released yet, but you also have to remember that this is a fairly small movie.

I don't think WB has a ton of faith in it, but I also think that's because they're not expecting it to be some sort of huge blockbuster film. It's a small film and it's Gaga's first huge acting gig, and it's Bradley's directorial debut. There's a lot of "what if's" with the movie, and I guess that's to be expected. 

That's so dumb.

This is a A STAR IS BORN  remake fr, whatt? they gotta put more faith in it.

they already started sis! 

remember they released the first look in Entertainment Weekly a few days ago + they were a few articles about the movie in other magazines

the trailer is probably coming soon :air: 

androiduser

the trailer will probably come out after the holidays, or sometime in early February.

As for Gaga doing the interviews, they are usually not done until the movie is having it's premiere and the team is doing press for it, they won't do major interviews so early on.

Reality
5 minutes ago, FABian said:

That's so dumb.

This is a A STAR IS BORN  remake fr, whatt? they gotta put more faith in it.

Exactly. It's a remake, so who's going to go see it after the first three movies? Honestly, I predict that it's most likely going to be Little Monsters (and critics) seeing this movie. ASIB, while critically acclaimed, is not a popular franchise, and with its "R" rating as well, that'll limit audiences even more. 

🃏🖤👹

Someone posted trailer timelines a few weeks ago and showed that dramas and musicals get their trailers released 4-5 months before premiere. Which means we should expect it in Jan/Feb. I can't find that thread but the research seemed pretty spot on in terms of other movies.

And when do you ever see interviews until premiere week?

Having said that, they DID send out that interview with EW...

DeleteMyAccount

Just a reminder that this film will probably be treated like Silver Linings Playbook; an indie film with a low budget. And the movie probably won't make a lot either due to that status as well as it being rated R. This may not even be a wide release film. Does anyone know?

LaLuna

Because they know it's gonna flop so they don't want to waste money promoting it :trollga:

Spoiler

Jk

Spoiler

Or am I

Spoiler

:gum:

Archived