💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Highway Unicorn is NOT a filler song

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

I often keep reading a lot of comments which say that Highway Unicorn(Road To Love) is a filler song,which it absolutely isn’t.

I personally think this is one of the higlights of the album💜

I mean,that intro and chorus is just AMAZING in my opinion.I also like the verses.It’s also a very subjective song when it comes to the meaning.And you can also have beautiful visions while listening to this song.That maybe happens with all songs,but with this song in particular I often hear people have beautiful fantasies while listening to this song💜

Of course,you are allowed to have your own opinion on this song,and you are surely allowed to think this is a bad song,or one of Gaga’s worst but it’s defintely not a filler.Don’t just toss around with that word.A filler means a song that could’ve easily been left out of the album,due to it sounding the same as the other songs for example.However,I could not imagine BTW without Highway Unicorn(Road To Love)💜

tumblr_m4rp7xSFrC1rvspdmo1_500.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
highbythebeach

YES! I totally understand what you're talking about with the visions you get bc i get them too! I love the pre-chorus and chorus of the song so much! The verses and bridge are pretty good too but I dislike the long intro. The song is so unique I don't think I've heard anything like it

Helxig

I've always loved this song. It's such a big song though that it takes some getting used to. It's a grower. Especially being surrounded by the calamity of all the other songs on BTW. I think when listened to on it's own it stands out, but amongst the other songs in the middle-end of the whole album it can get lost.

Do you guys know the bridge originally had a different ending? (trying to find it)

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Eurotrash
8 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Do you guys know the bridge originally had a different ending? (trying to find it)

Yes, she played the demo from her phone at the Howard Stern show!

Helxig
Just now, Bathory said:

Yes, she played the demo from her phone at the Howard Stern show!

I got caught up while looking for it by listening to her talk about The Edge Of Glory and performing it for Howard :laughga: 

FilthyPOP414

ITS not ever.

fans wanted Miss is It B4 U Kiss it and Out of Control on the album instead of anthems of strength perservareance and faith. 

Helxig

Found it! The alternate bridge to Highway Unicorn!

1:05:20s

Earthling
36 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Off topic, but I love how after she plays the rough demos on her blackberry that she then goes on to say she'll never buy a malibu mansion and live the LA life, I wonder what changed her view on that? :oprah:

Also it kinda irked me at all the sexually pointed questions coming out of nowhere from Stern, I could see it was making Gaga annoyed and uncomfortable.

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Helxig
2 minutes ago, Earthling said:

Off topic, but I love how after she plays the rough demos on her blackberry that she then goes on to say she'll never buy a malibu mansion and live the LA life, I wonder what changed her view on that? :oprah:

Also it kinda irked me at all the sexually pointed questions coming out of nowhere from Stern, I could see it was making Gaga annoyed and uncomfortable.

Everything that went down during the ARTPOP era really affected her and changed her life and her world views a lot. She changed her priorities a lot. I guess that's what happens when your whole world and kingdom as you know it crumbles at your feet. You have to start again, and don't always stay the same person. But although she's changed a lot, at her core she's still exactly the same.

TheSlash

I agree with you on the intro and the chorus, but for me, the verses are :neyde: :madge: . Even tho I don't like HU, I wouldn't consider it as a filler :oprah:

Ew, David!

PerfectGUY

2 hours ago, Helxig said:

so weird she said she wouldn't ever live in Malibu...

Helxig
16 hours ago, PerfectGUY said:

so weird she said she wouldn't ever live in Malibu...

Times change and so do people. I think that during BTW she was so committed to her art and being a New Yorker that she didn't realise she was hurting herself with her lifestyle. Her hip is a prime example of her pushing so hard to be the idol she wanted to be that it actually broke her. She's much more tame now, and has opened her mind to ideas she used to reject, because she's realised she had to reel it in before she was her own demise.

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Okay then is Highway Unicorn isn’t a filler on the Album, then Bad kids shouldn’t deserve to be a filler then as well

Mychal

Archived