Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Disney bought 21st Century Fox

kvnrp

Featured Posts

Source: The Verge

"Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox's film and TV studios in a landmark deal worth over $52 billion dollars. The arrangement covers the movie studio 20th Century Fox, the company’s TV production arm 20th Century Fox Television, Fox-owned cable networks (including FX and National Geographic), and the company’s stakes in international networks like Star TV and Sky."

"Disney also will gain a majority control of Hulu in the deal, with Fox’s 30 percent stake giving Disney a controlling interest of 60 percent. Comcast and Time Warner will be reduced to minority stakeholders, with 30 percent and 10 percent stakes, respectively."

"The purchase was originally rumored back in early November, but talks were said to have fallen through. The Wall Street Journal reported that discussions were back on at the beginning of December. Comcast was at one point considered to be a contender for the rights as well."

"Along with 21st Century Fox’s various production companies and distribution networks, Disney also is taking ownership of the company’s vast catalog of intellectual property. That means that comic book characters like the X-Men and Fantastic Four are now back under the stewardship of Marvel Studios, and opens the door for their integration into the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

"It also means that Disney — which is looking to open its own streaming service in competition to Netflix — now has an even larger back catalog of shows and TV series that it could feasibly offer exclusively on its service. Other franchises that now belong to the House of Mouse include the Avatar series (which makes Disney’s Pandora theme park a whole lot more sensible), the Aliens movies, Ice Age, the rebooted Planet of the Apes, The Simpsons, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, How I Met Your Mother, Futurama, Firefly, and The X-Files, to name just a few, all of which would be a massive boon for Disney’s upcoming service."

Can't wait to get literally everything from one single company :madge:

Also, they now own FX, which makes The Countess a Disney Princess :green:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

okay but i don't think people realise this means less content on netflix and more subscriptions needed to watch more tv/movies :madge: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RAMROD

AAAAHHH!! This only means Fantastic 4 and X-Men are parts of MCU soon for me!!!:giveup:

AAAHHHHH!! :giveup: X-Men and F4 movies that is actually good is finally happening! 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

theahsfan
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

okay but i don't think people realise this means less content on netflix and more subscriptions needed to watch more tv/movies :madge: 

They better not take AHS off..

ryanripley
1 minute ago, theahsfan said:

They better not take AHS off..

it's a possibility if they now own the publishing rights :madge: 

soon the only content left on netflix will just be netflix originals and indie movies, bookmark me :madge: 

you'll need a streaming subscription for every major company :madge: 

or go back to DVDs :madge: 

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it's a possibility if they now own the publishing rights :madge: 

soon the only content left on netflix will just be netflix originals and indie movies, bookmark me :madge: 

you'll need a streaming subscription for every major company :madge: 

or go back to DVDs :madge: 

Foxs films and TV show mostly are on hulu not netflix, whoch also part of Disney now

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ryanripley
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Foxs films and TV show mostly are on hulu not netflix, whoch also part of Disney now

and Hulu is only in america :madge: but there's a lot of fox stuff on netflix here

maybe i'll just ditch netflix for disney

Archived