news

Gaga Will Be Credited As Lady Gaga On ASIB

Coop

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

Of course. People would be like "who the f*** is Stefani Germanotta", whereas Lady Gaga will attract more people. 

derpmonster
29 minutes ago, justanothergay said:

This makes it just slightly weird that Bradley calls her Stefani so much in that interview.

So did Matt Bomer! I'm sure that as an actress, it's easier for her and for people working with her to call her Stefani. That way, she doesn't feel the need to be "on" as Gaga and they don't have to deal with the whole notion of working with this pop superstar idol that they may potentially be stanning hard. Like Bradley said, it's much easier to sing alongside Stefani than Gaga for a movie as a person who doesn't have a singing career.

But for the promotion of both the movie and her own career, it's Lady Gaga, baby!

Edit: Can we make "It's Lady Gaga, baby" a meme? Lead single for ASIB "It's Lady Gaga, baby" confirmed. It's Britney Bitch found in a ditch

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

androiduser

they changed something last minute, Gaga and the fans can keep telling themselves that it was supposed to be "Lady Gaga" all along, but the change has been made for some reason

PerfectIllusion

Well... In case of winning the razzie she could just say "that's not me that's Stefani Germa-something":ladyhaha:

androiduser

it could be that she's getting good buzz for her performance from the industry people, not just her team, so she wants to associate herself with the role even more.

Grigio Guy
55 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

Of course. People would be like "who the f*** is Stefani Germanotta", whereas Lady Gaga will attract more people. 

But the issue is that it’ll also stop a lot of people from watching because “a political freakshow is the lead”

Religion is a product to sell.

9 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

But the issue is that it’ll also stop a lot of people from watching because “a political freakshow is the lead”

lmao i dont think that after superbowl and jwt and million reasons and one america appeal and 2017 as whole people still think she's a "political freakshow" anymore

freebit
42 minutes ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

Good, it wouldn’t make any sense from a marketing standpoint not to credit her as Lady Gaga.

IA. I think it would cause confusion and be cheesily Chris Gaines-like for her music to be credited as a different name than her usual (even though it is her real name). It would also be easier for the studio to campaign for her music during awards season (Lady Gaga will standout much more on a submission ballot than Stefani Germanotta). I think later down the road if she does a role that's unassociated with music, it would make sense, but for this being her first major movie role, and for it to have a soundtrack, her being credited as Lady Gaga makes more sense. 

Chris Evans

it would be weird to see her as "Stefani Germanotta" on the soundtrack so this makes sense

1 hour ago, Geese Howard said:

I thought it would’ve been cool if she used her real name for being credited in the film

THIS!

Archived