Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

2017 Year In Review: Lady Gaga’s return to prominence

Kimblue

Featured Posts

PrinceGaga
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

Because she was being held to the standard of her previous record sales. Born This Way sold over a million copies first week, so it was a drastic difference from that to ARTPOP. That combined with the fact that every year or two, the media like to focus on a celebrity and tear them down, it was unfortunately just Gaga's time for that. Right now, everyone is ripping on Katy Perry. In a year or two it will be someone else. 

Yeah I get that. It’s just don’t know why Joanne is considered a comeback/success from ARTPOP when it sold even less than ARTPOP in the first week and overall, SPS. I mean Joanne only has one top 5. ARTPOP had 2. I don’t know it’s just weird what the media did. It just doesn’t seem true.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceGaga
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Because she was being held to the standard of her previous record sales. Born This Way sold over a million copies first week, so it was a drastic difference from that to ARTPOP. That combined with the fact that every year or two, the media like to focus on a celebrity and tear them down, it was unfortunately just Gaga's time for that. Right now, everyone is ripping on Katy Perry. In a year or two it will be someone else. 

If she was being held to the standard of her previous record sales then wouldn’t Joanne be considered more a flop since it sold less than ARTPOP? This is why I’m confused 

homomo

People also said this about 2014, 2015, and 2016. She’s literally been unstoppable for years

Anderson123
41 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

“Mrs. Christian Carino” 

ReWZp.gif

Too soon. :sharon:

40 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Only our queen 

Reputation who? 

Taylor who?

139035_original.gif

LMFAO.

Just now, PrinceGaga said:

If she was being held to the standard of her previous record sales then wouldn’t Joanne be considered more a flop since it sold less than ARTPOP? This is why I’m confused 

So with ARTPOP,  the media was just biased, because ARTPOP technically sold generally the same amount as all the other pop albums that year, for the most part. 

However, she was able to sort of cleanse the pallet with Cheek To Cheek and with Joanne, she sold the same if not a bit more than all of the others who everyone compared her against with ARTPOP. The media has backed off from dragging her, so now she is in a different light to the GP.

That is honestly really the sucky thing. The media controls a lot of what people think, which is why fans get really pissed off when they can clearly tell that they are just tearing her down just to tear someone down. I always push that people need to just listen to the music, follow the artist and not pay attention to the silly media articles about her. I mean, even this article. It's praising her, sure, but the facts are all incorrect. 

theahsfan

"failure of an album ARTPOP"

A #1 album, Top 5 hit, Top 10 hit, Top 15 hit and a Top 40 song isn't what I'd call a failure. 

Jewels n Drugs

Lets hope 2018 is even better :tony:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Anthony Pacheco
14 hours ago, NathanRajz said:

One of the best gaga's years.

SuperBowl Halftime Show, 5F2, BTW foundation, JWT, Grammys, Amas, and alot more!

Gaga owned this year

yassss! <3

Archived