Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

HGTV’s Fixer Upper

Doot

Featured Posts

1489754936864.jpeg

Fixer Upper is an American reality television series airing on HGTV starring Joanna and Chip Gaines,based in Waco, Texas. 

Chip and Joanna Gaines own and operate Magnolia Homes, a remodeling and design business in Waco, Texas, and "Fixer Upper" shows the process by which the couple turn dilapidated but potential-rich houses into showplaces that are helping revitalize whole neighborhoods throughout central Texas. Chip manages the construction and realty side of Magnolia and Joanna is the lead designer. They also act as part-time counselors to clients who can't see a structure's beauty beyond the blemishes. Combined, Chip and Joanna save homes that look hopeless, renovating the imperfect, and revealing them as what they were always intended to be.

SHIPLAP YALL. 

5 minutes ago, JGD said:

Isn’t the series coming to an end so they can focus on their family? :diane: 

Season 5 is the “last” one but according to them it’s a combo of focusing on the family and their other business ventures. They will still be flipping homes. 

2 minutes ago, Altair said:

I don’t trust them. They live in Waco. Also aren’t they part of a homophobic church or something? :huh:

Their pastor is against gay marriage but they have made multiple statements stating that his opinion doesn’t reflect them. 

aaron l

If you like Fixer Upper, you might like this show that came out last year! It returns in January.

p13757247_b_v8_aa.jpg

They flip some of the most adorable homes.

17 hours ago, aaron l said:

If you like Fixer Upper, you might like this show that came out last year! It returns in January.

p13757247_b_v8_aa.jpg

They flip some of the most adorable homes.

I've seen previews but haven't watched it. I love Flip or Flop though! Well, Vegas and Fort Worth.

I don't mind Christina from the original, but her designs are always the exact same, and Tarek needs to be cancelled all together. 

Edonis
18 minutes ago, Ayoherewego said:

Everyone hates them here in Waco.

I need some tea because I’ve heard similar things about them being low key full of themselves :diane:

OT: The Show is cute I guess. I’ve seen a few episodes and I heard JoAnna is part Lebanese (along with Korean and German I think?) so there’s that :diane:

Ayoherewego
20 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I need some tea because I’ve heard similar things about them being low key full of themselves :diane:

OT: The Show is cute I guess. I’ve seen a few episodes and I heard JoAnna is part Lebanese (along with Korean and German I think?) so there’s that :diane:

So I'm from Waco and almost in every neighborhood that they flipped a house all the original people that lived there say that fixer upper is ruining the area. A car intentionally crashed into a house they remodel up the street from where I live, the guy was proud about it lol.

Edonis
19 minutes ago, Ayoherewego said:

So I'm from Waco and almost in every neighborhood that they flipped a house all the original people that lived there say that fixer upper is ruining the area. A car intentionally crashed into a house they remodel up the street from where I live, the guy was proud about it lol.

:udidnt: Why though? Does it have to do with home values or changing the feel of the neighborhood or just residential complaints or something? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 11:55 PM, Ayoherewego said:

Everyone hates them here in Waco.

I’ve read a ton of testimonials from people of Waco who absolutely love them. 

And that car crash story was total crap. 

On 12/13/2017 at 1:04 AM, Edonis said:

:udidnt: Why though? Does it have to do with home values or changing the feel of the neighborhood or just residential complaints or something? 

Classic case of someone being successful and people trying to tear them down. 

And in regards to gentrification, the original residents always complain about a neighborhood being improved because it forces out the old and in with the new, raising property values, etc. 

I know there were stories posted online how they had dealt with issues where the buyers in the episodes were getting sued because they were having the home flipped and using it as a marketing technique to post the home on AirBNB, which is forbidden in the contract of the show. 

Archived