question

Most experimental Gaga song?

FfFfFfFF

Which one?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

Government Hooker and Scheisse should be on that list! 

50 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i don’t think aura should count since it’s not an experimentation from her

she bought the instrumental, zedd edited it and had her vocals slapped on it :shrug: 

I voted for Aura but you have a good point :golfclap: I guess Venus takes her spot

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GPSSIGNALLOST

The song which bothered me the most (in sense of being too experimental) was definitely "Brown Eyes". It didn't fit in any kind of way into the structure of "The Fame" and I was more than just horrifically bothered everytime it was played. :air: But does that mean "experimental"? idk tbh.

On the other hand I would say most experimental Gaga song so far ... "Jewels N Drugs". It's not her forté and it was really awkward to watch at iTunes Festival 2013 and still listen to. :selena: 

FfFfFfFF
6 minutes ago, Mario Salas said:

Aura is winning :poot: you have no idea what experimental means

If Aura is not experimental i don't know what it is. :madge:

Zedd: ''Aura" was the most interesting track on ARTPOP because its combination of oriental music, guitars and an electronic beat enabled it to "cross over" musical genres.

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Bury Me said:

None of them are experimental. A better title would be "Weirdest Gaga song?" and the answer is Aura.

That's your opinion.

Luxe Ford

I think Swine is pretty experimental. And the first time I heard Teeth I thought it was very unusual for a Gaga song.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

ARTPOP and HML are her most experimental songs. If you don't agree, you should read

... and now i just sit in silence.

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, monster4life231 said:

I was waiting for swine.

DOVKNX-XUAEFoIM.jpg

Ugh, I should have added it as an option.

Head Empty

Define experimental :oprah:

A lot of Gaga songs follow pretty similar structures, which makes them relatively standard (and not experimental) in that regard. The only big exception is the intro to Aura, and maybe the second half of Marry The Night.

As for sonics I'd say Bloody Mary, Government Hooker (especially in the vocal department), Angel Down and, again, Aura for the intro (the rest of the song is pretty standard yet great EDM).

Lyrically Venus is the only standout for me, for obvious reasons.

And one big contender that I'm surprised nobody mentioned is Teeth :poot:. The double vocal layers, the strange male vocals throughout, the tribal beat combined with big band instrumentals. And even the structure is kinda experimental. She doesn't really build up to anything, but the song still grows throughout. 

Archived