💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Lorde Spark This Trend?

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

Hello sistren!

I was going to get some stuff done around the apartment and decided to give Lorde’s “Melodrama” (AKA Album of the year only under Lana’s L4L :reductive:) another 30th listen start to finish and I noticed something in the production.

On “Sober II (Melodrama)” at approx 1:34 :diane:, there’s what I call the “rap tick”. You know, like tick-ta-tick-tick-tick? Similar to Fourth Harmony’s :sharon: “Angel”, Selena Gomez “Fetish”, LDR “Cherry”, and a few other songs also. 

So my question is, since Lorde’s album came out so early in the year, was she the original mainstream pop artist to use this production trend? (Hope my description of it makes sense, as Mary Jane Holland and I decided to bop to Melodrama together :stalkga:). 

What are your thoughts? And, in case you have not been saved and accepted Lorde’s blessing into your heart, listen below :pray::

Thanks for listening 👂 and I hope you visit me and MJH again real soon! :staymad:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

I thought this was a thread abt Madonna’s daughter

Guess Madonna's impact last generations.

ItsTommyBitch

It's spelled Lorde right in the video :air: 

OT:

No, its kind of a reach.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, ItsTommyBitch said:

It's spelled Lorde right in the video :air: 

OT:

No, its kind of a reach.

Do we have ideas of other mainstream artists that have used this prior to her? I am kind of curious you know?

CautiousLurker

No, that sound has been unnecessarily thrown into pop for years - case in point:

:selena:

BlingNotTheMusic

Can you post other songs from earlier years? I’m just trying to start a dialogue lol

Yes! 

Lorde released on June 16 and Lana was like “I gotta jump on this guy’s” and incorporated this effect into her entire album in a little over a month

5mY39.gif

PeachJug
15 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

(AKA Album of the year only under Lana’s L4L :reductive:

YAS someone says something accurate!

1. L4L

2. Melonmama

3. .. :gaysia:

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, PeachJug said:

YAS someone says something accurate!

1. L4L