💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

monster4life231

It's in the past so it doesn't really matter now. I LOVED ARTPOP. If people didn't, oh well. It was my drug, and probably still is.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PerfectGUY
On 08/12/2017 at 5:49 AM, Lord Temptation said:

ARTPOP the album is like the album cover, like the experience itself. Chopped up, dissected, stitched together, inverted. It all makes sense. But only in a meta kind of way.

thank you !!!

It doesn't need to be that cohesive ! It's cohesive by it's rebellious, non-cohesiveness, chaotic production ... I feel that every song connects by those characteristics... Also I feel like they all have a mysterious dimension. 

It's Gaga's best album and I personally think it wouldn't be that good if it wasn't that trashy, that rushed, unfinished ... I feel like all those traits help giving the album more depth and mystery to it 

4 hours ago, teawhore said:

how is dope calm and sincere? it’s a ballad about how she’s breaking inside and shes pleading for help. i think gypsy is the calm and happiness after the storm

I think they mean calmness in the sense of the aura surrounding the melody and Gaga. It's fairly quiet and somber. It's sparse. There's a calmness after all the whirring chaos that gradually ramped up to Dope. She fills that space with all of her emotions that she kept trying to suppress before. There's a sense of calmness around her and in that quietness she lets herself break, and I think she needed to break before putting herself back together with Gypsy.

Jeffrey_This_Way

Back in the day I felt like there was a whole other complete album that was scrapped and replaced with ARTPOP.  Remember her talking about the album being about the decay of fame and all that?  I don't think my memory is that bad, does anybody else remember or get that vibe?

I still love the album, minus one track and with another replaced by the Xtina duet.  :lolly:

WeDontStop
6 minutes ago, Ibsen Ferreira said:

the mistake of ARTPOP is called DJ WHITE SHADOW.

Excuse me no

i got the boys in dubai

Ibsen Ferreira
11 minutes ago, ARTPOPrincess said:

Excuse me no

bitch, please.

the best songs of ARTPOP are produced by Madeon/Zedd. 

MANiCURE, Swine are good songs, but not enough for gaga.

Can we let the good sis ARTPOP go? She's a beautiful mess and that made her unique, incredible and amazing era.

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

WeDontStop
7 hours ago, Ibsen Ferreira said:

bitch, please.

Do What U Want, Applause, ARTPOP, Ratchet instrumental, Brooklyn Nights & Sexxx Dreams say hi :bon:

i got the boys in dubai

caseymonster

If:

1.aura was still burqua (and not scrapped into aura because she was afraid of contraversy) and the vocals were as raw as in the demo

2.guy didnt exist at all

3. Sexxx dreams would be just sex dreams

4. Jewls and drugs was partynauseous featuring kendrick 

5. Princess die was on the album

6. We got a proper music video for both applause and dwuw

7.dope would be "i wanna be with you"

8.brooklyn nights was track number 8 instead of mary jane holland

9. Swine would start out slow and explode into rock/trap like the live version

10. Tha ratchet song would be on the album (cus its instumental slays)

11. MANiCURE would have a feature (becausd i always felt like its missing something to be truely great)

12. Gaga would stop preaching about art,not be hyping an app, and some preformance in space...

the album would be immaculate. Else we got a mess. Gaga had good ideas. But...ohh well..she probably not responsible for the bad execution.

My true dissapointment aas that everything looked so good and once it came to execution, everything imploded and didnt deliver on par. Promises and betrayals was how the whole era felt like. Unfulfilled potential.

SCHEISSEMONTRE
27 minutes ago, taylorslilhoe said:

AURA IS AN ABOMINATION. 

JND is an abomination and so is your opinion sis

Mychal

giskardsb
10 hours ago, caseymonster said:

If:

1.aura was still burqua (and not scrapped into aura because she was afraid of contraversy) and the vocals were as raw as in the demo

2.guy didnt exist at all

11. MANiCURE would have a feature (becausd i always felt like its missing something to be truely great)

12. Gaga would stop preaching about art,not be hyping an app, and some preformance in space...

the album would be immaculate. Else we got a mess. Gaga had good ideas. But...ohh well..she probably not responsible for the bad execution.

My true dissapointment aas that everything looked so good and once it came to execution, everything imploded and didnt deliver on par. Promises and betrayals was how the whole era felt like. Unfulfilled potential.

We, the fanbase, often allow rumors, leaked tracks, preconceptions, and the world outside the album itself affect our impressions of the resulting album.   We don't look at the work with fresh eyes, we look at it with all the preconceived ideas we've generated.   This has been especially true with ARTPOP and Joanne both.

ryanripley
On 11/12/2017 at 2:57 PM, Ibsen Ferreira said:

bitch, please.

the ones that sound so dated already? :wacko:

the mistake was not DJWS

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

16 hours ago, caseymonster said:

If:

2.guy didnt exist at all

Excuse me no

But I couldn't agree with you more about the rest, especially 6,11 and 12. 

That album had some much potential: great songs, amazing promo and iconic looks. And it was ruined. 

Archived