💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

teawhore

Ok, we both love ARTPOP ~ ♡

But there were flaws that we barely talk about on this site.

I don't mean the app, the single choices, the Do What U Want video failure, the documentary, Act II... none of those things matter. What is a horrible waste was the pure art that she shoved together for no reason. Tracks like Applause and ARTPOP are perfect examples. The majority of our fanbase doesn't know who Jeff Koons is. They hear "music not the bling" and think, yasss, the gurl doesn't care about critics. It is so much deeper than that. The album needed to be shortened, more thought through, and most importantly, Gaga needed to be in the right mental situation to release it. We know that she wasn't doing to well. Songs that really had no purpose on this album are Jewels N' Drugs, Do What U Want, Donatella, and Gypsy. @mrmeela and I love every one of those songs, but they don't represent what the album was supposed to be. Dope is a heart wrenching ballad, but again, has no place on an experimental album.

- teawhore & mrmeela ♡

♡ nyc ♡

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hausofbrice
Just now, teawhore said:

Do What U Want video

we don't talk about her

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, teawhore said:

What is a horrible waste was the pure art that she shoved together for no reason

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, teawhore said:

Songs that really had no purpose on this album are Jewels N' Drugs, Do What U Want, Donatella, and Gypsy

giphy.gif

xoxo, brice ♡

teawhore
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

Do What U Want is the saving grace of that album that made the GP semi-know about it :toofunny:

that's the point! you can either have a successful album that is Born This Way - esque pop music, or an artistic venture that doesn't commercially succeed, like ARTPOP

♡ nyc ♡

teawhore
Just now, xoxoDerpanne said:

Don't come for Dope, DWUW and Gypsy like that henny :green: 

i said i loved them babe

they just don't fit the album

♡ nyc ♡

LeJudas
1 minute ago, xoxoDerpanne said:

I wanna be in love is better

Chromatislaps
Just now, teawhore said:

i said i loved them babe

they just don't fit the album

ARTPOP feels more like a compilation of "ART in POP"  themed songs, rather then them being one entity that fits together like BTW...it more of collage of short stories that could fit under the "ART in POP" theme :lolly: 

4 minutes ago, xoxoDerpanne said:

I don't think they fit the album though

teawhore

ARTPOP feels more like a compilation of "ART in POP"  themed songs, rather then them being one entity that fits together like BTW...it more of collage of short stories that could fit under the "ART in POP" theme :lolly: 

it can't be a collage. it should've been a perfect blend. unfortunately it was not :reductive:

it was amazing, it just didn't achieve the goal

i hope gags tries again (act ii?)

♡ nyc ♡

Chromatislaps
1 hour ago, LeJudas said:

I wanna be in love is better

Actually, in the context of 5 Foot 2 and the entire runup from the BTW era to the JWT era...I have to say Dope hits harder...I feel it more now that I'm accustomed to her Joanne sound. So I would say Dope is a deeper song.

Same goes for Gypsy... the song fits perfectly in her life story, and how Popculture made her a traveler with a lot of interaction, but also made her very lonely (like she mentioned in 5F2), and she expresses that in a pop song..which is a art in itself...it's very honest.

This is in my opinion ART in POP tbh

LeJudas

Actually, in the context of 5 Foot 2 and the entire runup from the BTW era to the JWT era...I have to say Dope hits harder...I feel it more now that I'm accustomed to her Joanne sound. So I would say Dope is a deeper song

Yes. Actually I agree. IDK why I said that I love both.

Archived