💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Armie Hammer for Mr Porter

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

This, as everyone keeps telling him, is Mr Armie Hammer’s moment, and the 31-year-old actor is carpe diem-ing the heck out of life right now. As awards season kicks off, he finds himself the star of the year’s most universally acclaimed film, in a career-defining role that is sure to propel him from generic leading man to Hollywood’s hottest property. After a 10-year career of notable supporting roles in some very good films (The Social Network, Mr Tom Ford’s Nocturnal Animals, J Edgar) and starring roles in some downright turkeys (The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Lone Ranger), his performance in Mr Luca Guadagnino’s Call Me By Your Name is the one that has catapulted him into the big league.

Mr Hammer plays Oliver, a young American academic who joins a classics professor and his bohemian family in their Italian summer house in 1983, to assist the professor with his research. The professor’s teenage son, Elio, played by the prodigiously talented Mr Timothée Chalamet, becomes infatuated with Oliver and, as it turns out, the feeling is mutual. What transpires is a beautiful story of fleeting summer love, played out against a backdrop of intoxicating landscapes, lavish breakfasts, bike rides, lake swims and stolen kisses.

Mr Hammer and Mr Chalamet spent the month before filming acclimatising to the culture of rural Italy, living in the location and building up the kind of natural intimacy that makes Call Me By Your Name so compelling. “Some of those Italian countryside towns are lost in time,” says Mr Hammer. “It’s like La Dolce Vita. When you want peach juice, you just go out and make it. You take your pitcher, you go and sit somewhere beautiful and you just enjoy your juice.” If you’ve seen the film, you’ll appreciate why all this talk of peaches is making me blush as we share a pizza in a fittingly Italian restaurant on Los Angeles’ Abbot Kinney.

31ce2154-aebd-4f53-a1b6-909353f0f7ac

Read the full interview here

Click on the spoiler below to see more photos from this shoot :gaycat: 

Spoiler

3b728723-e5fa-414e-b5ed-91564eb13cb3

fa0f7be7-09a9-41d9-9642-4b5fa7d648e1

83d934c5-04b3-40be-b1e7-b6718a9a11a5

54507624-bbee-45e9-87f0-a68f55dc12de

1cc05293-dbbb-410e-a91a-8791e4d7d87e

508e694b-8741-490a-bac3-bb271bc17ab2

1f1525a7-bf3c-4f86-ad60-024a54c9114b

29bc95a7-2bcb-4414-93a6-a1af60fda975

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

PunkTheFunk

I tried reading the book and I was so bored I couldn't finish it

Hopefully the movie is better

MwGFDSn.gif

yASSsss
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

what a blasphemous post :wtf: 

Neight Shayde
7 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Hopefully the movie is better

MwGFDSn.gif

tenor-7.gif

OT: I can't stop raving about the movie, the soundtrack, and THE BOOK which is a masterpiece in story telling. The detailed introspection really hooks you

PunkTheFunk
Just now, yASSsss said:

what a blasphemous post :wtf: 

I mean...it was definitely steamy :selena: I just remember not being able to connect with the characters. They felt so two-dimensional to me that I didn't care what happened to them after a certain point.

And "call me by your name"? Why on earth would I call someone else by my name? :laughga:

yASSsss
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I mean...it was definitely steamy :selena: I just remember not being able to connect with the characters. They felt so two-dimensional to me that I didn't care what happened to them after a certain point.

And "call me by your name"? Why on earth would I call someone else by my name? :laughga:

you'd have to read the whole book :ph34r:

Neight Shayde
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

come on did you even try to read the book :what: 

they were both longing to be together - to be as one being in that specific moment in time. Elio alluded to it in previous pages, stating that he wants to have him and be him, which is his version of desire. It's about acknowledging your other half (and yourself through him/her), the one you were destined to be with, which makes the line even more powerful.

boyerased

I wish he’ll be big. He’s probably big :hor: but I want his career to be bigger. I won’t mind if he’ll leave hollywood and be with me though. :lolly:

——

Anyways, the book is good, though some may complain that the author writes sentences in a complicated manner, which is actually true. Still, I felt the longing and the passion which warranted those absurd things like the peach eating or that bathroom scene. 

Lord Temptation

He’s like a cross between Brad Pitt and Jon Hamm :lolly: 

Or Richard Gere with Paul Newman :hor:

Neight Shayde
23 hours ago, Kimihiro said:

Anyways, the book is good, though some may complain that the author writes sentences in a complicated manner, which is actually true. Still, I felt the longing and the passion which warranted those absurd things like the peach eating or that bathroom scene. 

Doesn't it make the touchy scenes more effective though? like when Elio introduces Oliver to the berm and then it finally happens. I had to pause a lot of times because it was so moving and i couldn't handle myself lol

Archived