Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

Ryusei
27 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

after reading so many different viewpoints, i'm so conflicted like what do i do. im such a huge fan of hers, she admitted that they did stuff. consent is the main thing here. she didnt say no but she did not say yes. but timothy said that she said no out loud multiple times. but then melanie said they both 'chose' to do it so idk. wat should i do, ive got her albums i stan her hard, idek :saladga: 

just stay away from it as long as people are just speculating I guess.. Wait for the truth to reveal itself

Musery

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

From the timeline I understand, this is not an adult we are talking about.

This was not a relationship and was clearly the first time they had sex. Making sure especially for the first time is important. Also important to see and recognize signs of discomfort.

Like it or not, silence *is* no consent. That is common sense (if someone really wants to have sex with you, why not see what they have to say when they're sober? likewise, what's awkward about "Do you want this?" or "is this okay?" and getting an ecstatic Yes?) and the law. A lot of people are in situations they can't walk away from--examples, if you're intoxicated and someone is taking advantage of you or if you're with a person in a position of power.

I am not accusing Melanie of rape. I don't know what the precise definition is. But this was sexual assault because there wasn't consent (which Melanie herself has implied). You know what we don't know though? The whole guilt or regret accusation you're coming up with. We don't know about that.

A friendship is a relationship too. There are multiple types of relationships.

Based on your replies to me and others, you are clearly failing to see reason and seem to be very willing in making jumps. Maybe the topic is delicate to you so I won't continue further.

it wasn't laaaahv

Clearly their relationship has left Timothy with some deep residual wounds. While we will never know what happened exactly, I feel that Melanie’s robotic response is lacking detail and to me that is telling. 

jaXXXon
4 hours ago, Helxig said:

This is a really hard one to comment on. I did not expect to see either of these threads when I came to GGD today.

I don't want to take a side because noone knows what happened between them but the two of them, and it really could be anything. We don't know either of these girls personally.

What I do know is that I can relate to the situation of Timothy, because personally I've been in situations where someone I considered a friend of mine has pushed me to do things with them on a repeated basis, and I've let them. Then later on had overwhelming feelings of disgust and regret. At first I hated them for it, but I now don't blame them because I've realised that at no point did I explicitly say no or try to stop them.

I later learned that said person just thought they were 'flirting' and that I was as into it as they were, because I didn't explicitly say no. Even still, I feel disgusting and taken advantage of. Alcohol was involved in some of the circumstances of my story too which makes things hazy and confusing.

Basically my point is that in my own situation,  myself and the other person each have a different side of the story, and I've realised that we both experienced the things that happened between us from completely different perspectives, so I can understand both sides of this story.

Yet if YOU chose to call the other one a rapist and accuse them of rape when that's far from the truth, that actually makes YOU the horrible one here. 

So if that's the thing Melanie's ex is doing then she definitely deserves to get exposed. And I reeeeeally think that's what she's doing. 

crisTEAne

we have the famale dr luke. disgusting.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Lextyr97
11 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Yet if YOU chose to call the other one a rapist and accuse them of rape when that's far from the truth, that actually makes YOU the horrible one here. 

So if that's the thing Melanie's ex is doing then she definitely deserves to get exposed. And I reeeeeally think that's what she's doing. 

Melanie basically admitted that she did it. Her response was horrible :poot:

PoshLife
1 hour ago, Censored said:

Silence, while still going along with it, is not "no consent" either. We're talking about an adult afaik. She could've walked out any minute if she wanted to. Guilty sex and/or regret is not "no consent" or "rape".

(And from what I know from my experiences and others', in relationships where the people involved are close to each other, they don't hold awkward convos about "Yes" (tf :smh:) before having sex, there's just making subtle moves on each other and if one doesn't like that, he/she simply walks away.)

Just wait for more information or a court or something, it's not the right thing to do to accuse someone of rape when you don't know details. :/

If you think "she could've walked out any minute" is enough defense for what Melanie did, you really didn't take the victim's account seriously at all and that's sad. She was high as a kite - peer pressured into taking drugs - clearly dependent on Melanie (she obviously wasn't staying at her house for funsies), and she'd made it clear she felt that she didn't have any power in their relationship. That is an extremely dangerous and one-sided situation to be in. Besides, she did say no according to her account, and I'm not sure why you'd put more stock in Melanie's three sentences than you would in what Timothy wrote. To me, you're sounding like someone who wants this not to be true because the idea makes you uncomfortable. If the victim isn't a victim, nobody did anything wrong.

I'm honestly really exhausted and saddened by how many victim blamers there are on this site - especially since the main artist this forum is dedicated to, Lady Gaga, is a victim of sexual violence herself. I expect better from this community. I'm wondering if there is any way we can begin educating people about sexual violence and consent on this forum, since the ignorance is staggering.

PoshLife
15 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

If you're drunk and someone had sex with you and you didn't want to have sex with that person, you were raped. Source: the law in this country

thatfoxyfeeling
5 hours ago, JR Gg said:

So, she's not denying what she did. Just implicitly implying that Timothy didn't say 'no'. Well, this isn't a response at all :awkney:

You either say no it didn't happen or apologise for your mistakes :emma:

How is it a mistake if Timothy consented? No one knows the truth expect them. 

ZiggyZiggs
14 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Melanie basically admitted that she did it. Her response was horrible :poot:

how tho she couldve responded better she said they both chose to do it but Timothy said she said no out loud multiple times for two days. what she admitted is that they had something going on bw them, she never 'basically admitted to rape' 

we dont know what happend and we wont know what happened unless theres a formal investigation

Lextyr97
14 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

how tho she couldve responded better she said they both chose to do it but Timothy said she said no out loud multiple times for two days. what she admitted is that they had something going on bw them, she never 'basically admitted to rape' 

we dont know what happend and we wont know what happened unless theres a formal investigation

She didn't say that. All Melanie said was that Timothy didn't say no. She didn't say that Timothy allowed her to do anything. A better response could've been, "there was consent." Melanie's response was enough for me to believe something fishy was definitely going on between the two. 

21 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

How is it a mistake if Timothy consented? No one knows the truth expect them. 

5 hours ago, JR Gg said:

So, she's not denying what she did. Just implicitly implying that Timothy didn't say 'no'. Well, this isn't a response at all :awkney:

You either say no it didn't happen or apologise for your mistakes :emma:

Then she can say no it didn't happen. The rape didn't happen because Timothy consented. But she didn't say that. :awkney:

ZiggyZiggs
4 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

She didn't say that. All Melanie said was that Timothy didn't say no. She didn't say that Timothy allowed her to do anything. A better response could've been, "there was consent." Melanie's response was enough for me to believe something fishy was definitely going on between the two. 

she never said no to what we chose to do together agaain im not supporting im just not canceling her until theres more proof

Archived