Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Featured Posts

JDi   Paws Up 1,489
JDi
Just now, Solitaiire said:

what does that have to do with it? LMAOO melanie herself confirmed it and youre still defending her? BYEEE LMAO

thank you for contributing to r*pe culture

stop pretending to not follow the conversation. it's cheap.

  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackstar   Paws Up 5,744
blackstar

Few hours ago, Melanie had stable carrer, lots of fans, everything we can only dream about and she ****ed it up. I am so sad to say that I am no longer Cry Baby. I am disgusted. I was super excited for her next album, but from now on she can choke.

 

  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 2
Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helxig   Paws Up 12,923
Helxig

Were they actually a couple though? I'm so confused 

 

 

I'll be myself until they f*ucking close the coffin.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FABian   Paws Up 167
FABian

Not even a fan of her but these comments have got me so triggered. Like y'all already making up assumptions when you have ZERO evidence or information of what happened. This is basically a (s)he said she said scenario.

Edited by FABian

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
brit4ever   Paws Up 842
brit4ever
1 hour ago, Luxe Ford said:

Things like these should be settled in court, not by vigilantes on social media. Naming people publicly is dangerous, because the casual reader never know the whole story. We read something, react and judge immediatly. 

Imagine for a second that it happened to you.

Maybe she doesn't want anything from Melanie, but shares her story to live in peace with her past and expose the piece of **** Melanie is. I don't know ha anymore!!

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster   Paws Up 755
derpmonster
1 hour ago, JDi said:

it's carefully planned. it's not about sharing. it's about achieving. it's obvious revenge. 

stop defending the supposed victim every single time. we know nothing. you're not serving "progress". you're serving the normalization of alternative wrongful tendencies that already require less effort than getting away with sexual assault.

from what we know, Heller looks suspicious and Martinez looks honest because if she wanted us to trust her, she would've worded her response better. 

It's carefully planned exactly because people would say she's salty about her career. It's preemptive.

I'm not defending the supposed victim every time--thanks for the assumption. From what we know, this is indeed a case of lack of consent. Martinez admitted it herself. Her choice of words was, "she didn't say no." That's not consent. "Yes" is consent. And that's what the law says too. Affirmative consent or nothing. It's because in many cases people feel pressured and can't say No.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster   Paws Up 755
derpmonster
2 minutes ago, FABian said:

Not even a fan of her but these comments have got me so triggered. Like y'all already making up assumptions when you have ZERO evidence or information of what happened. This is basically a (s)he said she said scenario.

 

PS: Too drunk to consent is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. 

Are you willfully ignoring the evidence now? Martinez herself said an encounter happened in "she didn't say no," which is NOT consent.

That may be a stupid concept to you but sorry that's the truth. Drunk people are often taken advantage of and when you're intoxicated you can't consent. Both by common sense (if this person really wants to have sex with you, why not see what they say when they're sober?) and the law.

  • Like 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster   Paws Up 755
derpmonster
42 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Were they actually a couple though? I'm so confused 

 

 

Many people do that in a cutesy way. But yeah, they could be a couple. How is that relevant though? Sorry if I'm coming across as accusatory -- not saying anything to you but trying to understand the thought process.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FABian   Paws Up 167
FABian
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Are you willfully ignoring the evidence now? Martinez herself said an encounter happened in "she didn't say no," which is NOT consent.

That may be a stupid concept to you but sorry that's the truth. Drunk people are often taken advantage of and when you're intoxicated you can't consent. Both by common sense (if this person really wants to have sex with you, why not see what they say when they're sober?) and the law.

🤣🤣🤣 An encounter happened yes. Do you know anything that transpired within that encounter? No. So stop sky diving to conclusions. 

 

Also FYI the law doesn't state that you cannot consent when you are intoxicated. There is a spectrum when it comes to that situation, otherwise you can have a beer and claim you were too intoxicated to consent.

Edited by FABian
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster   Paws Up 755
derpmonster
1 minute ago, FABian said:

🤣🤣🤣 An encounter happened yes. Do you know anything that transpired within that encounter? No. So stop sky diving to conclusions. 

How hard is it to understand the implication behind, "She didn't say no,"? This is Martinez who said this.

Edited by derpmonster
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
pophatesflops   Paws Up 25
pophatesflops
2 hours ago, shmal96 said:

"She never said no" but Timothy was visually uncomfortable with what was happening? Not saying no =/= active consent :neyde:

she's high as a kite in a dark room with her head in someone's vagina, it's not up to her to notice that someone's "visually uncomfortable" :classy:

i don't even care about smellanie but even i can call bullshit on this

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FABian   Paws Up 167
FABian
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

How hard is it to understand the implication behind, "She didn't say no,"? This is Martinez who said this.

When you have absolutely zero knowledge or evidence of the prior context or in that situation. Like none. It's a he said she said scenario once again. She has no physical  evidence, nor any video/photo evidence.

I mean im not saying she wasn't raped or was raped, Im  saying that there's a lack of evidence to be able to draw this to a conclusion.

Edited by FABian

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster   Paws Up 755
derpmonster
1 minute ago, FABian said:

When you have absolutely zero knowledge of what the prior context was in that situation. Like none. 

I mean im not saying she wasn't raped or was raped, Im  saying that there's a lack of evidence to be able to draw this to a conclusion.

Context does not change anything. No context changes that Melanie didn't say yes. If you'd like, please give me an example of anything that happened prior to it that changes the lack of consent.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster   Paws Up 755
derpmonster
4 minutes ago, pophatesflops said:

she's high as a kite in a dark room with her head in someone's vagina, it's not up to her to notice that someone's "visually uncomfortable" :classy:

i don't even care about smellanie but even i can call bullshit on this

If you're high, that's your problem. Consent of the other person is up to you. It is your responsibility. If it's that hard for someone to take consent when they're high, then don't f***.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
doppelganger   Paws Up 1,284
doppelganger
8 minutes ago, FABian said:

When you have absolutely zero knowledge or evidence of the prior context or in that situation. Like none. It's a he said she said scenario once again. She has no physical  evidence, nor any video/photo evidence.

I mean im not saying she wasn't raped or was raped, Im  saying that there's a lack of evidence to be able to draw this to a conclusion.

There’s a lack of evidence in terms of a criminal proceeding. But Melanie admitted they “did something”, that it was decided together and timothy didn’t say no. What Melanie (and anyone for the matter) needs to understand though, is that consent is not merely “not saying no”. I feel like her apology could have been better written to acknowledge this. What we got made her sound like she took it lightly because she felt there is consent

Edited by doppelganger
  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×