💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss

It sounds like she was grooming her. I've had guys try to be persuasive with me and I've told them it's not going to happen. They eventually wear you down because they plant a seed in your head that they care about you so you think whatever they do can't be bad because they care for you. So they make you vulnerable so you are open to their advances and they take advantage. Then when they are done and cast you aside you feel utterly ashamed for ever letting your guard down. I can 100% understand the victim in this situation.

It makes me think of the innocence of some victims, such as Gaga when they say "I thought what we were doing is what adults do". Sometimes you know something is wrong but you put your trust in the other person especially if they are older, more respected, someone you look up to etc. 

Take a look at all the cases of abuse coming to light that happened in the 60's and 70's by television entertainers in the UK. They raped teenagers and young women because they knew those young girls looked up to them and were big fans. 

It seems that Melanie Martinez was very manipulative and took advantage of her friends vulnerability. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brit4ever

I'm disgusted/disturbed by the ammount of people searching for excuses and defending Melanie, just because they are fans, that's wrong on so many levels, especialy as Gaga fans, Gaga would be ashamed of some of you.

8 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Agreed, a lot of these things would be unspoken, at least, how I imagine it. Pushing a hand away would be as good as saying "no," as far as I'm concerned. I'm focusing on the word because others have brought up the fact that the word "no" is the most important thing. As if it doesn't matter how calmly or silently they go along with everything, that can't be interpreted as consent, apparently. It's different if it's a stranger doing this to you, but if it's a friend who you're close with, why would you tense up in fear and be unable to say a word? I know if someone who I knew very well started behaving towards me in an unwelcome way, I wouldn't think twice about asking them what on earth they were playing at. Because you're more confident around your friends. I'm just a bit baffled that some seem to think that "no" is the ultimate word of non-consent and no other word/phrase will do. Unless I've completely misinterpreted what they meant.

I'm not debating the need for consent. I'm just debating the apparent necessary usage of the terms "yes" and "no" because there are plenty of other phrases that convey exactly the same meanings and basically everything you said in the last sentence. And some sexual etiquette really helps during the act as well, asking someone if they're ok if they're not saying anything, asking if they're comfortable if they let out a painful-sounding moan or something. Melanie's insistence that "she never said no" is certainly suspect. It suggests that "no," at least where she's concerned is the ultimate line drawn and as long as the other person doesn't say that word, everything's fine. This is why I'm asking if the word "no" in particular is necessary among many of this generation to truly signify that attention is unwanted. Certainly, I've heard this "she never said no" defence too often from men. This is the first time I've heard it from a woman and it's left me blindsided by the shock of it.

It's almost as if people react differently to situations than others would. Just because you'd feel comfortable rejecting the advances of someone you know, doesn't mean it's automatically easy for someone else too. Particularly if they have previous experiences of sexual abuse, mental health struggles etc. 

And no one thinks "no" is the magical word that needs to be said, and if they do they need to take a long look at themselves. Melanie included. You're focusing way too much on the "yes/no" aspect. Both can and are usually said in different ways, physically or verbally. It's not that complicated. 

5 hours ago, Bio said:

I'm sorry the way a expressed it was a little weird but making a point in such a serious issue in another language is kind of hard. As I said, if I felt the other person was motionless or hesitant, yes I would stop. If the person kept making excuses or pulling away I would stop immediately. Because that's saying no to me. But if the person says nothing and I make a move and they let it continue there's no way in hell I'm gonna know they don't want to do it. Especially if I'm high lol. My post was a response to someone that said that even if Timothy wasn't pulling away or expressing hesitation it was Melanie's job to know if she really wanted ir or not. That she needed to hear "yes" or else it was rape. I'm sorry but that just seems crazy to me. No one asks anyone "do you want to have sex with me?" It just happens.

Melanie has no power over Timothy. They're friends. She doesn't have to answer to Melanie for anything. Again, as I said, if Timothy kept pulling away and making excuses but Melanie kept pushing her to do it than yes, I see it as rape. But if none of that happened then I don't see how Melanie could know Timothy didn't want to do it. Am I crazy for thinking like that?

That's okay. And then we are on the same page with that. But again you need to distinguish the difference, you say this "let it continue" thing again. To me that implies the other person isn't giving anything back and just sitting there motionless. Which would surely raise alarm bells. If they are reciprocating contact then it's different. Being high or drunk isn't an excuse for that.

Its not crazy. Like I said, and you agreed on, if someone is laying there completely still and in shock, you SHOULD take that as a sign of discomfort and have the decency to check with the person that it's okay. Not just have your way with them. "It just happens" is when both people are involved, not just one person doing everything while someone else lays there. 

"Power" doesn't have to be literal power, financially, jobwise or anything else. You can certainly have power over someone else as a friend. Especially if you feel a lot of love and admiration for someone, just like you can be mentally abused in a relationship. I've certainly felt like someone else had power over me in certain friendships and relationships. 

Melanie's response was "she didn't say no" instead of "she said yes" or "it was consensual" etc. Don't you think that's alarming?

9 hours ago, blackthorns said:

why the f*ck would timothy EVER want to talk to melanie again?? I'm sorry, but once I burned the bridge with my abusive ex I broke down with a panic attack every time I heard his name, and if I saw him in public? I usually ended up puking from anxiety and not being able to leave the house for a week. In what world do you think its reasonable to expect a person to contact their rapist for the publics benefit.

also thats not how power dynamics work in an abusive relationship. You can't just go "sorry bye see ya later" if you're terrified and can't move.

100% agree with you but their story was different than you describe. They were friends even after the incident and Melanie was the one who decided to end it. So they don't really have a problem talking to each other

blackthorns
2 hours ago, LM said:

100% agree with you but their story was different than you describe. They were friends even after the incident and Melanie was the one who decided to end it. So they don't really have a problem talking to each other

but from my understanding at the time that they were still friends timothy hadn't realized the extent of what happened yet?

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

StrawberryBlond
14 hours ago, Harry said:

It's almost as if people react differently to situations than others would. Just because you'd feel comfortable rejecting the advances of someone you know, doesn't mean it's automatically easy for someone else too. Particularly if they have previous experiences of sexual abuse, mental health struggles etc. 

And no one thinks "no" is the magical word that needs to be said, and if they do they need to take a long look at themselves. Melanie included. You're focusing way too much on the "yes/no" aspect. Both can and are usually said in different ways, physically or verbally. It's not that complicated. 

I gather that. I'm just offering another way of looking at things. I'm considering the possibility that Melanie assumed everything was fine, because as her friend, she thought she'd be more likely to speak up if she felt uncomfortable. Now, hearing more people speaking out, I'm starting to doubt that, however, but this is just a reply to what I said yesterday.

I'm only focusing on the yes/no aspect because others brought it up and I wanted to comment on it, that's all.

I'm not trying to be insensitive or pick any sides but why the fck would Melanie ask if she could touch her arm and her boobs if she wasn't going to ask about having sex, which is the most important consent to get? That really doesn't add up.

And you guys are all acting like every time you have sex, you wait until you hear an explicit YES from them before initiating sex. Even the first time I had sex with my partner, my partner and I began doing so because things escalated and we were both physically responding. No words were really exchanged. 

Also her tweet doesn't really condemn her because you guys are really taking the "she didn't say no" thing out of context. She wouldn't incriminate herself and if she wanted to lie she could have denied the sex altogether and we wouldn't know any better.

I'm just saying, I'm really confused by all of this too , but both parties have reasons to lie and acting like they don't is ignorant. I agree with the people saying we just don't know what the truth is. I get the emotion behind saying that we should believe the victim and we have to punish females that rape females too. But this is different from a dry-cut case like Harvey's and all of the other men that have been accused because:

1. Most people that accused Harvey Weinstein and these other men are already famous.

2. There are generally MULTIPLE accusers for the hollywood men accused so far.

3.  Obviously Timothy is bitter about the way her friendship with Melanie ended.

So stop saying that this case is exactly the same as the Hollywood male cases, and that you're somehow a monster if you don't condemn Melanie as fast as you would the Hollywood men. The situations are not equal to one another. 

None of us will probably ever know the truth but it's very upsetting that this has happened, either way.

Helxig
43 minutes ago, Dirty Pony said:

I'm not trying to be insensitive or pick any sides but why the fck would Melanie ask if she could touch her arm and her boobs if she wasn't going to ask about having sex, which is the most important consent to get? That really doesn't add up.

And you guys are all acting like every time you have sex, you wait until you hear an explicit YES from them before initiating sex. Even the first time I had sex with my partner, my partner and I began doing so because things escalated and we were both physically responding. No words were really exchanged. 

Also her tweet doesn't really condemn her because you guys are really taking the "she didn't say no" thing out of context. She wouldn't incriminate herself and if she wanted to lie she could have denied the sex altogether and we wouldn't know any better.

I'm just saying, I'm really confused by all of this too , but both parties have reasons to lie and acting like they don't is ignorant. I agree with the people saying we just don't know what the truth is. I get the emotion behind saying that we should believe the victim and we have to punish females that rape females too. But this is different from a dry-cut case like Harvey's and all of the other men that have been accused because:

1. Most people that accused Harvey Weinstein and these other men are already famous.

2. There are generally MULTIPLE accusers for the hollywood men accused so far.

3.  Obviously Timothy is bitter about the way her friendship with Melanie ended.

So stop saying that this case is exactly the same as the Hollywood male cases, and that you're somehow a monster if you don't condemn Melanie as fast as you would the Hollywood men. The situations are not equal to one another. 

None of us will probably ever know the truth but it's very upsetting that this has happened, either way.

I was still taking Timothy's side until she did that tell all interview immediately after making the accusation, and sent in a picture and said that it was from the night of the alleged assault, when it was actually from a year prior.

Now I'm not discrediting her claims by any means, I'm just saying that I don't fully trust someone who lies and embellishes a serious story to make it seem even worse. If the story is true, it should be able to stand on that truth without being exaggerated. Something about the situation seems fishy to me, and I just think the truth is being stretched to some degree.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

ryanripley
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

I was still taking Timothy's side until she did that tell all interview immediately after making the accusation, and sent in a picture and said that it was from the night of the alleged assault, when it was actually from a year prior.

Now I'm not discrediting her claims by any means, I'm just saying that I don't fully trust someone who lies and embellishes a serious story to make it seem even worse. If the story is true, it should be able to stand on that truth without being exaggerated. Something about the situation seems fishy to me, and I just think the truth is being stretched to some degree.

mess, i didn't know she did that :duck: why would she do that?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Helxig
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

mess, i didn't know she did that :duck: why would she do that?

Idk. There was a pic that Timothy said was of them playing a 'handcuff game', which was apparently taken on the night of the alleged assault, but Melanie's hair colour proves that the pic was from a year earlier to the date of alleged assault.  Also I think people said that the night she claims it happened Melanie was in a different state on tour. She also said their friendship ended shortly after, but there's a pic from just last year on Timothy's Instagram that says she was hanging out with Melanie on her tour bus and Melanie did her makeup (which is a year after the alleged assault and supposed end of their friendship). The post on GGD about it seems to be gone now though. It was all a bit weird. Also the fact that she even gave an interview about it for a website the day after making her statement.

Although since then another ex friend of Melanie's has come out saying she felt the same kind of sexual pressure from her as Timothy did, although she did consent to what they did together. And Stella Rose (the mother in the Crybaby videos and designer who Melanie used to buy clothes from) alluded on Twitter to Melanie being a 'shitty person'.

It's all so much to deal with :selena:

4 hours ago, Helxig said:

Idk. There was a pic that Timothy said was of them playing a 'handcuff game', which was apparently taken on the night of the alleged assault, but Melanie's hair colour proves that the pic was from a year earlier to the date of alleged assault.  Also I think people said that the night she claims it happened Melanie was in a different state on tour. She also said their friendship ended shortly after, but there's a pic from just last year on Timothy's Instagram that says she was hanging out with Melanie on her tour bus and Melanie did her makeup (which is a year after the alleged assault and supposed end of their friendship). The post on GGD about it seems to be gone now though. It was all a bit weird. Also the fact that she even gave an interview about it for a website the day after making her statement.

Although since then another ex friend of Melanie's has come out saying she felt the same kind of sexual pressure from her as Timothy did, although she did consent to what they did together. And Stella Rose (the mother in the Crybaby videos and designer who Melanie used to buy clothes from) alluded on Twitter to Melanie being a 'shitty person'.

It's all so much to deal with :selena:

NNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG This whole situation is a mess. If she's tampering with the truth I don't think I can stick up for her anymore tbh.

FilthyPOP414

So not only did she confirm she's a sick fûck rapist, but she's gaslighting her victim into lying about saying no and not wanting it. So typical of the abuser. I hope her career ends and she kills herself before she grows up to rape little boys and girls. I mean what's with her sexualizing babies!? It's sick. I'm so glad her career is about to end and we never have to hear her talk about little kids songs or morbidizing families like in Doll House. She can leave. CANCELLEDT. 

Helxig
13 hours ago, babs said:

NNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG This whole situation is a mess. If she's tampering with the truth I don't think I can stick up for her anymore tbh.

I've read more since that message and tbh the scales have been tipped against Melanie now and I find it really upsetting.

The only thing that could redeem her at this point is if she sought psychiatric help to  deal with whatever is causing her deviant sexual behaviour, and tried to make serious amends to those who she's taken advantage of.

The problem with that, is she seems to be tied to a spiritual healer and the advice of psychics rather than visiting with a real psychiatrist to help her with her mental demons.

I don't see a positive resolution in sight :smh:

3 hours ago, Helxig said:

I've read more since that message and tbh the scales have been tipped against Melanie now and I find it really upsetting.

The only thing that could redeem her at this point is if she sought psychiatric help to  deal with whatever is causing her deviant sexual behaviour, and tried to make serious amends to those who she's taken advantage of.

The problem with that, is she seems to be tied to a spiritual healer and the advice of psychics rather than visiting with a real psychiatrist to help her with her mental demons.

I don't see a positive resolution in sight :smh:

what did you read after that post

Archived